• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Euro 2012

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got Group A right (with a little bit of luck) - Czech and Greece.

Group B plays to day. Germany vs. Denmark, and Portugal vs. Netherlands.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, haven't seen anything to change my predictions. I think Germany is going to continue to improve their form.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ibrahimovich = one man gang

Everyone knows he's world class, but still has to be one of the more underrated superstars around in any sport....and as usual, people underrate him because of his attitude or quotes rather than his play. Lebronish.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibrahimovich = one man gang

Everyone knows he's world class, but still has to be one of the more underrated superstars around in any sport....and as usual, people underrate him because of his attitude or quotes rather than his play. Lebronish.

I underrate him because of his nose.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that as to do with Abraham.

He still has a huge nose.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Russian for "son of Abraham", which is a term for jewish people in some places. You goddamn anti-semite.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You do know I was being sarcastic....but really didn't know he was muslim. Quite a background on that guy now that I look it up. Obviously of russian/jewish origin (at some point way back obviously) based on his name, but born in Sweden to a dad who was bosnian/muslim and his mom croatian/catholic. Not just a diverse ancestry, but all very opposed elements.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Very interesting guy. And I had no idea if you were being sarcastic or not. :)

This is one of the reasons why I don't like this qualifying format. Sweden had absolutely nothing to play for tonight.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Heh.....people can't even tell if I'm being sarcastic in real life, let alone on a board. Will give in to using emoticons at some point.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thank god Mexes is out versus Spain, he is awful. Finally get to see what Koscielny can do, he should be a much better pick against Spain. Wish there was someone to replace Rami as well as he is awful. Wish Sakho was up as well so that Rami could get benched. I also think France is really missing Sagna at the right back> He is better than Debuchy.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about the fine handed down to Bendtner? I think the amount of the fine was absolutely ridiculous! Good for him that the company whose name was displayed is footing the bill. It almost seems like the UEFA guess that would happen and saw an easy way to make a quick buck. It was nothing offensive and far milder than some of the other offenses that have been fined (racism).

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about the fine handed down to Bendtner? I think the amount of the fine was absolutely ridiculous! Good for him that the company whose name was displayed is footing the bill. It almost seems like the UEFA guess that would happen and saw an easy way to make a quick buck. It was nothing offensive and far milder than some of the other offenses that have been fined (racism).

Eh, UEFA is trying to protect it's pockets by making sure it's the only one selling ads. Not a shock that they brought the hammer. Besides, I think monetary fines are less likely to stop the racist chants than point deductions.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god Mexes is out versus Spain, he is awful. Finally get to see what Koscielny can do, he should be a much better pick against Spain. Wish there was someone to replace Rami as well as he is awful. Wish Sakho was up as well so that Rami could get benched. I also think France is really missing Sagna at the right back> He is better than Debuchy.

As someone who follows Arsenal closely Kos is good but he's not that great - the guy can run and is pretty good in the air but he's just not that great against very physical forwards. Lucky for him, Spain is on the small side of the things but I can see him getting lost in the myriad Spain has with their midfield. I do agree with you that France misses Sagna a lot - he is more quality than is Kos at this point in their careers.

Spain missing Puyol and Villa is also a downer as well. Should be a good match but I see Spain moving on, hopefully.

Btw, can ESPN find somebody other than Alexi Lalas to do the post game match commentary? The guy keeps stating that Spain is on the decline yet La Roja has made it to the KO stages. Granted, Spain may not win this but Lalas being there just adds more fuel to the fire in that the world doesn't consider Americans as inadequate in their knowledge of the sport and Lalas in many ways epitomizes that.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of Bendtner, the guy is showing some class in this tournament and doing less talking, although that's not saying a whole lot. With Arsenal bringing in Podolski and possibly Giroud, it's going to be interesting to see what Arsenal does with their Forward situation. I would expect Chamakh has to be sold at this point esp if the board decides to not sell RVP with one year left on his contract. Don't forget, Vela is still waiting in the wings.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calamity's picks:

Group A: 1.Czech 2. Russia(i really am pulling for Poland, IIRC they had some young guys there from the last WC that caught my eye but that could've been Switz(besides Russia is actually a good squad))

Group of Death: 1. Germany 2. Portugal(Holland is THEE popular pick here but i think age will slow them down and lose base on tie breakers rules(Portugal giving them too much love here, they really shouldn't move but i think they sneak in)

Group C: 1.Spain 2. Croatia(not taking Italy seriously for awhile and ireland is not enough)

Group D: 1. France(there's talent here) 2. England(boy did i wanted to say Ukraine, cause i dont believe England would've pulled out. they have some fortunate opponents in terms of style)

Got Czech right from Group A... SHOULD'VE been Russia but whatevz...

Nailed the group of death

Spain was easy but Croatia disappointed.

LOL got D right too....

HAIL MEEEEE

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As someone who follows Arsenal closely Kos is good but he's not that great - the guy can run and is pretty good in the air but he's just not that great against very physical forwards. Lucky for him, Spain is on the small side of the things but I can see him getting lost in the myriad Spain has with their midfield. I do agree with you that France misses Sagna a lot - he is more quality than is Kos at this point in their careers.

Spain missing Puyol and Villa is also a downer as well. Should be a good match but I see Spain moving on, hopefully.

Btw, can ESPN find somebody other than Alexi Lalas to do the post game match commentary? The guy keeps stating that Spain is on the decline yet La Roja has made it to the KO stages. Granted, Spain may not win this but Lalas being there just adds more fuel to the fire in that the world doesn't consider Americans as inadequate in their knowledge of the sport and Lalas in many ways epitomizes that.

I'm a huge Arsenal supporter as well. Kos is not the best, but believe me he is much better than Mexes or Rami, especially against a team like Spain. I think if you put him next to a bigger player like Rami or Mexes then his defficiencies againt stronger players could be mitigated. France's CB's just don't work well together right now.

Also, I'm pretty sure Arsenal is going to sell Vela, Bendtner and Chamakh this summer. I don't see any of them playing at the Emirates again.