• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Euro 2012

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the link!! I got to see the last bit of the PKs. So, why the hell did Ronaldo not take a PK? From the lineups on the UEFA site, he seemed to be on the field at the end of extra time. So what was Bento thinking? Or did Ronaldo decline? Craziness!!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trance, it looked like CR was lined up to take the 5th kick, but it never got that far, which is why you don't put him 5th. Almost impossible to believe....they had both centerbacks take one before him.

Only thing I could figure is that Casillas might just know him too well, maybe he's taken 100s of PKs in practice against him......still wouldn't really explain it though.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trance, it looked like CR was lined up to take the 5th kick, but it never got that far, which is why you don't put him 5th. Almost impossible to believe....they had both centerbacks take one before him.

Only thing I could figure is that Casillas might just know him too well, maybe he's taken 100s of PKs in practice against him......still wouldn't really explain it though.

Ah! That makes sense! I must have missed that trying to sneak a peak at the game during work. But I agree, even though Casillas might know his tendencies, as an international players, you HAVE to have more than one go-to kick. The goal is pretty wide and there are so many ways to take a PK. You never leave your best player to the end, cos for one it might add too much pressure on him, and the flip side is that he may not get to take one at all like today.

On a similar note, this is one quality in Italian football that I absolutely loathe. You see so many teams, my beloved Juventus one of them, and also the national team get one goal in and then totally go into a defensive shell, only to see the other team strike back. When you have the talent and a lead, you go for the throat!! Never play to lose, cos more often than not, it ends up in a loss. We see the same stuff happen in the NFL too, with our Niners in several instances as well.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Regarding Spain.....I wouldn't pretend to know 1% of what del Bosque or his coaching staff know, but I didn't understand their lineups today. I can see starting with Negredo, fine, that's a fair option - but if you do that its preferable to team him up with actual wingers that can send a cross he can finish.....almost like their plan B.

Instead they had their usual Plan A compact, short-passing along with Negredo.......but then, as soon as they replaced him with Fabregas, they also brought on their best winger in Navas. Seems like that was all backwards, because with Fabregas in they have no one to finish the crosses well, and his "false nine" role isn't as effective with the wide attack. I didn't get that, but again I'm sure they are considering 100 things I'm not.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! Though, has it been working for you? It just won't load for me here. Following the game on UEFA game center :/

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap! I'm about to cream my pants! Mario strikes again! He finally shows up!

EDIT: The feed is working now :) Much appreciated.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0????!?!?!

Yup, and I am totally stunned! I have been following Italy football for a long time and I have never seen them show up with as offensive a game plan as they have these past two games. Pirlo is having yet another solid game!

There's still a whole entire half to go though and Germany sure has the firepower to fight back. If Italy can continue to control the ball like they have, I'd say it is looking good for Gli Azzurri!

BTW - did you see the second goal? My goodness what a strike that was!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah i'm missing everything!!! lol... Mario is freakin killin it... I'm surprised Germany is getting handed like this.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Missed both goals - I've gotta get my priorities straight. I was off at lunch, when I should have been here at work....watching the game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd goal, WHAT A FUCKING STRIKE... strikes like those melt my knees:-)yo:)..Balotelli strong fucking game...

The keeper had absolutely zero chance to even react to it. I guess the keeper thought he would take it further down into the area and then Mario just unleashed!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balo is dancing and making things scary for Germany.... finally playing like everyone expected of him.

Has Italy ever had a player that can shake like Mario before? I know the many greats of Italy but not necessarily the dynamic Mario presents... not annointing him the greatest or even close but its different seeing that from Italy IMHO