• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Again Christmas Bombings in Nigeria

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also...
I have met a lot of nice and reasonable Muslims, I can't say the same about Aryan Nation douchebags.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Is your whole point
Islam bad
Christianity good
?

My ONLY point in the above statements was to clarify exactly what the Quran says and what the bible says because people are dishonest about these subjects all the time. And I mean people of every faith and lack thereof.

I overlook people disagreeing with me; I don't overlook people distorting things.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My ONLY point in the above statements was to clarify exactly what the Quran says and what the bible says because people are dishonest about these subjects all the time. And I mean people of every faith and lack thereof.

I overlook people disagreeing with me; I don't overlook people distorting things.

The Bible has a bunch of messed up bullshit in it as well, does it not?

Whatever happened to marrying your brother's wife if he died before you?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's biassed, but from a quick glance it's mostly accurate. In Judaism there are about 606 or so laws from Moses; quite a few of them include the death penalty if broken. The OT also includes an account of wars waged to establish the boundaries of Isreal. What you won't find, however (not even remotely) is any command to kill a non-Jew because he's not a Jew. There are specific commands how to treat an "alien" (non-Jew) if he lives in the nation of Isreal as well.

Christianity (the NT) commands believers to preach the gospel; and likewise there isn't even a remote connection to anything said in the NT to killing someone for what religion they practice.

Like I said before: I'm not going to lie about my faith to make ot more popular like a lot of people do. I believe in being intellectually honest first and foremost.

Strictly speaking, there are 613 Mitzvot and they come from G-d as delivered to the nation of Israel by Moshe at Mt. Sinai....the "alien" laws (the 'gerim') are indeed in the Torah, but are not included in the Mitzvot.

Essentially, though, you have it correct.