• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - 2016 Brazil Olympic thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty crazy just how many more medals than everybody else the US won. 19 more golds than the next highest (GB), 51 more total medals than 2nd place China. In comparison, in 2012 they US had 8 more golds and 15 more medals than 2nd-place China. In 2008, they had 15 fewer golds and only 10 more total medals than China. America straight dominated this shit.

Nice to see Simone Biles get the hono(u)r of being the States flag bearer last night. She's as dominate in gymnastics as Katie Ledecky is in the pool. One last time, BFD, she's supposed to win!!!

/That's my lasting memory of these Games
//Not really

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dstfp.gif

I may have played court volleyball in college. I may be biased because of it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have played court volleyball in college. I may be biased because of it.

No bias when speaking the truth!

I played both through High School. I like the game on the court better, but there is no denying that beach volleyball is a blast, distractions and all.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I have actually been witnessing a battle of "wits" between two people on facebook about "medals per capita" and how that shows Great Britain did 27 times better than the USA or some damn thing.
I'm pretty pleased with our 20+ medal count.
on a per capita basis, that would be, like 200 :D
For example, I could have joined the race walk team, but I missed my plane.
I hope you didn't miss your plane because you had to go to the bathroom.
Because in racewalking, shitting yourself is A-OK
but there is no denying that beach volleyball is a blast, distractions and all.

???

top-gun-volleyball.jpg

/ i kid, i kid

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the correct opinion to hold regarding volleyball. The six-on-six court game is a much better sport than the two-on-two beach game. Obviously, beach volleyball is very impressive athletically, but it doesn't have the system and misdirection the court game does.

Personally, I find beach much more fun to play, and 6 much more fun to watch. I enjoy the scrambling of beach volleyball - and when my friends and I play, our spikes are not nearly so clinical, leading to longer rallies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top-gun-volleyball.jpg

/ i kid, i kid

People like that can also be a distraction. You find yourself working way too hard to try and spike the ball hard enough to break their nose. Takes you off your game, kind of like when Lucic is on the ice, every pass goes right for his head.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russian Yulia Efimova, who won two Olympic silver medals this month after being cleared to compete in Rio following a doping ban, has compared swimming in the Games to being at war.

Initially excluded from the event because of her doping record, the 24-year-old won a last-minute legal challenge to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and finished second in the 100 and 200 metres breaststroke in Brazil.

"I felt under pressure from the sportsmen, the fans, the press. This was awful and it was not like being at an Olympics, which usually unites people. This was not a competition, but a war — a cold war," Efimova told a news conference on Wednesday.

Oh boo fricken hoo, you and the rest of your comrades know exactly what you were doing, you were very fortunate to be able to compete in Rio in the first place, don't start comparing your situation to people who have to live through actual war on a daily basis.

Yulia Efimova calls Rio Olympics 'a cold war'

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask this in all seriousness, is that Lochte hair color a "thing"?

I ask because last night, while out shopping, I saw two different males in two different places with the exact same color hair.

I guess I always assumed it was a reaction to the "chemicals" in the Rio Pools.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I ask because last night, while out shopping, I saw two different males in two different places with the exact same color hair.

Lochte is a 32 year old moron acting like a 19 year old. I think it's a poor attempt at trying to be a trendsetter.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lochte is a 32 year old moron acting like a 19 year old. I think it's a poor attempt at trying to be a trendsetter.

Ya see I was pretty sure it was some sort of state-mandated douche identifying system where fucktard scrotes have to make their head look like Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner. You know, so the rest of us can see asshat douche-canoes coming from afar.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya see I was pretty sure it was some sort of state-mandated douche identifying system where fucktard scrotes have to make their head look like Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner. You know, so the rest of us can see asshat douche-canoes coming from afar.
Liked for the term "asshat douche-canoes" alone. How could I not?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya see I was pretty sure it was some sort of state-mandated douche identifying system where fucktard scrotes have to make their head look like Eminem. You know, so the rest of us can see asshat douche-canoes coming from afar.

FIFY....

There's no way in hell that fucktwat knows who Rutger Hauer is....let alone Blade Runner.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russian Yulia Efimova, who won two Olympic silver medals this month after being cleared to compete in Rio following a doping ban, has compared swimming in the Games to being at war.

Initially excluded from the event because of her doping record, the 24-year-old won a last-minute legal challenge to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and finished second in the 100 and 200 metres breaststroke in Brazil.

"I felt under pressure from the sportsmen, the fans, the press. This was awful and it was not like being at an Olympics, which usually unites people. This was not a competition, but a war — a cold war," Efimova told a news conference on Wednesday.

Oh boo fricken hoo, you and the rest of your comrades know exactly what you were doing, you were very fortunate to be able to compete in Rio in the first place, don't start comparing your situation to people who have to live through actual war on a daily basis.

Yulia Efimova calls Rio Olympics 'a cold war'

While she still should have used a different metaphor it's not like she hasn't lived through "real" war herself. She was probably too young to have remembered much first-hand but her family should know what war is like, they were right in the middle of the Chechen War.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domestic abuse? ........ meh
DUI? ....................... whatevs
Poor sportsmanship? .... That's a banning!!!

That's NFL level right there.