• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orton wants to retire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on man ..... Was a time you were realistic with the cap .... and I respected that
Now you always want to turn 1 million into 400 million with your "wise" ways of doing it ... None realistic of course but that is you

Real world ...... we dont save 6 million cutting Orton .... and please dont make me make you look ignorant proving it

Lol did I offended you in some sort of way? If so I am sorry, btw I never attempt to stretch 1 mil to 400. In addition keep the slick talk to yourself please, I've never disrespected you nor come at you in a manner that would dictate that; treat me the same way please and thank you.

This will probably be my last post here or on any forum, maybe I've drove myself off these boards, or maybe others just love to "hate". Either way time for a change, it was truly my pleasure gents take care and God bless; if we may never cross paths again its truly been my pleasure.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol did I offended you in some sort of way? If so I am sorry, btw I never attempt to stretch 1 mil to 400. In addition keep the slick talk to yourself please, I've never disrespected you nor come at you in a manner that would dictate that; treat me the same way please and thank you.

This will probably be my last post here or on any forum, maybe I've drove myself off these boards, or maybe others just love to "hate". Either way time for a change, it was truly my pleasure gents take care and God bless; if we may never cross paths again its truly been my pleasure.

Hold off a few months and then come back around. I took a break after ESPN shut down for a little while because all the fighting and bull shit had me done with these types of boards and it helped. Always more enjoyable when stuff is going on. Tough to keep the board interesting this time of year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to Ed Werner, the Cowboys will be looking at trades involving Ryan Mallet QB and LaMichael James during this off-season and training camp. i don't believe just because of the source.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to Ed Werner, the Cowboys will be looking at trades involving Ryan Mallet QB and LaMichael James during this off-season and training camp. i don't believe just because of the source.

if Mallet is on the table, the Texans will have way more to offer than we can.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Mallet is on the table, the Texans will have way more to offer than we can.

What can the Texans offer that we can't? Texans roster really isn't that deep.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can the Texans offer that we can't? Texans roster really isn't that deep.

What do you think it takes to get him?

We aren't going to offer much of anything and why should we? We have our starting QB. Drafting a QB this year would have been smart. Why do we want to give up a draft pick for Mallett when he is close to becoming a FA and thus will cost us more? If we have Orton we have no use for Mallett. If we don't have Orton it makes us better this year to get Mallett, but still isn't worth what it would take to get him in the long run IMO. I wanted to draft Mallett that year when he fell, but why is it everyone feels he is a good NFL QB? He hasn't done anything. Houston since they have no QB should be willing to offer up a lot more than we are if they see him as a starter.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think it takes to get him?

We aren't going to offer much of anything and why should we? We have our starting QB. Drafting a QB this year would have been smart. Why do we want to give up a draft pick for Mallett when he is close to becoming a FA and thus will cost us more? If we have Orton we have no use for Mallett. If we don't have Orton it makes us better this year to get Mallett, but still isn't worth what it would take to get him in the long run IMO. I wanted to draft Mallett that year when he fell, but why is it everyone feels he is a good NFL QB? He hasn't done anything. Houston since they have no QB should be willing to offer up a lot more than we are if they see him as a starter.
I too wanted to draft Mallet, however I just read an article that the Pats want a 1st or 2nd. To that I say hell to the no. I'd offer a 4th and a 5th maybe. If he's a 1st or 2nd round talent they wouldn't be so willing to part with him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted Mallet. Still waiting to be proven why I shoulda. The Pats don't want to trade Mallet unless some team is stupid

Dallas is all in on Weeden if Orton takes a hike. I've seen worse in Stephen Mcgee

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too wanted to draft Mallet, however I just read an article that the Pats want a 1st or 2nd. To that I say hell to the no. I'd offer a 4th and a 5th maybe. If he's a 1st or 2nd round talent they wouldn't be so willing to part with him.

A first and a second? LOL!!! No wonder he's still on the team. I was thinking I wouldn't even give up a future 4th rounder. Sounds like the Skins talking about Cousins or them thinking someone is going to make the stupid Flynn mistake again...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted Mallet. Still waiting to be proven why I shoulda. The Pats don't want to trade Mallet unless some team is stupid

Dallas is all in on Weeden if Orton takes a hike. I've seen worse in Stephen Mcgee

My point was after he dropped. If I remember correctly at the time we didn't have Orton yet and needed a future #2 as well as possible future #1 if all worked out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was after he dropped. If I remember correctly at the time we didn't have Orton yet and needed a future #2 as well as possible future #1 if all worked out.

No...I've questioned Mallet's value from the start.
To be determined

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first and a second? LOL!!! No wonder he's still on the team. I was thinking I wouldn't even give up a future 4th rounder. Sounds like the Skins talking about Cousins or them thinking someone is going to make the stupid Flynn mistake again...
my bad 1st or a 2nd not first and a 2nd. I wanted Mallet after he dropped to the 3rd and beyond to be clear.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go on record and say I don't want Mallet

I think he could manage a running team with a good defense. Prolly a bit better than Alex Smith. But that's not our team. Our Qb carries our offense on his back.

If Romo goes down, ride it out with Weeden.

For the 1st time since Parcels came to Dallas I really don't have much faith in this team. 8-8 9-7 with this defense at best...... and Lee going down today .... mmmmmmmm I can tell you this without Lee on defense this isn't an 8-8 team.
We added Melton but lost Hatcher. so at best Melton healthy we get Hatcher production and break even.
We did get Crawford back so thats a plus. Lost Ware thats a negative. our 2nd round pick wont start and will play situational football.
The guy we drafted to back up Lee can't cover in the passing game.

So the only real hope we had was that we could stay healthy and players improve from last year. Lee going down wasn't a good sign

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched most of the defensive snaps of one of Hitchens games that I found a clip of - I just didn't have the patience to watch all of them. He surprised me with how well he played in zone defense. I don't know about his man coverage skills, but he surprised me with how aware he was and his instincts in coverage on the plays I saw. I really like what I've seen of him. he hits and he just looks like an old schoool football player. But, I can't imagine that if Lee is out for the year he will move up to #1 on the depth chart. It's just too early to o tht with him. I bet we move one of the other guys to MLB and keep Hitchens behind him as #2.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched most of the defensive snaps of one of Hitchens games that I found a clip of - I just didn't have the patience to watch all of them. He surprised me with how well he played in zone defense. I don't know about his man coverage skills, but he surprised me with how aware he was and his instincts in coverage on the plays I saw. I really like what I've seen of him. he hits and he just looks like an old schoool football player. But, I can't imagine that if Lee is out for the year he will move up to #1 on the depth chart. It's just too early to o tht with him. I bet we move one of the other guys to MLB and keep Hitchens behind him as #2.
this might save Carters career if he remembers how to play mike.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3