• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orlando Scandrick carted off field at Cowboys practice

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just keep going down.

The argument will continue just how much preseason activities are needed. This was in practice and not a game.

Orlando Scandrick carted off field at Cowboys practice - NFL.com

The Dallas Cowboys are hoping for the best but bracing for the worst after cornerback Orlando Scandrick was carted off the practice field on Tuesday night.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the fear is that Scandrick suffered a torn ACL in his right knee, per a source informed of the injury. Scandrick will undergo an MRI to confirm the severity of the injury.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Scandrick's right knee buckled as he attempted to tackle wide receiver Lucky Whitehead. The rookie then fell on Scandrick's leg. Scandrick was in immediate pain, cursing loudly while on the ground. He put a towel over his face and was in tears as he was taken off the field.

In May, Scandrick signed a one-year contract extension, worth $9.5 million.

Losing Scandrick would count as a significant setback for the Cowboys. He is easily the team's best cornerback, and his absence would put pressure on less dependable options like Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne. Last season, Scandrick finished 12th out of 120 qualified corners in Pro Football Focus' ratings.

The Cowboys found a way to persevere last year when Sean Lee was lost early in the team's offseason program. The loss of Scandrick would present perhaps an even greater challenge to Jason Garrett's team. An uncomfortable time in Big D.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE loss.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just keep going down.

The argument will continue just how much preseason activities are needed. This was in practice and not a game.

Jesus. Every time there is an injury now the preseason system gets questioned.

How about just skipping it and tossing a bunch of athletes in to real physical competition without any training. Then see how many injuries we see.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they cut preseason to two games he goes down just before game one. Hopefully the players begin to understand they have to workout and do stretching on their own in the off season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about just skipping it and tossing a bunch of athletes in to real physical competition without any training. Then see how many injuries we see.

I'm saying. Do people think teams will just cancel practices if they eliminate the preseason or reduce it to 2 games? It is football. Injuries happen all the time. The crying about preseason must stop

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I agree still need a way to evaluate younger players and get the starters time to gel together. It just seems for some reason more of this happens than it use too

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's quietly been a very good cornerback for a few years now. It's a shame for a Cowboys defense that will likely need all hands on deck if they want to take the next step.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly ... Injuries can happen anytime your out there... Pre-season or otherwise... There has to be someway to evaluate talent before teams make their cuts... Even just playing scrimmages with your own team players can get hurt...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they cut preseason to two games he goes down just before game one. Hopefully the players begin to understand they have to workout and do stretching on their own in the off season.

Stretching along with just hitting the weights.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't blame the preseason for injuries. I'm just sick of watching four meaningless games. Cut it down to two. Let your starters play a series or two in one of the game and use the rest of the time to evaluate talent. Let's not forget that most of these injuries are happening during practice.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough turn of events for Cowboys fans. I heard on Twitter that Jason Garrett was supposedly mad at the players for a lackluster effort against the Niners over the weekend, and had them in pads today. I am sure that will get some attention now that it backfired.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough turn of events for Cowboys fans. I heard on Twitter that Jason Garrett was supposedly mad at the players for a lackluster effort against the Niners over the weekend, and had them in pads today. I am sure that will get some attention now that it backfired.

:trash: Pads or no pads they were in no contact drills. I highly doubt the pads made one bit of a difference. Nice try though.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:trash: Pads or no pads they were in no contact drills. I highly doubt the pads made one bit of a difference. Nice try though.

Jesus, you are so friggin insecure. He wasn't saying ANYTHING bad about the Cowboys or even Garrett. He just said some people will question his decision. Everything isnt an attack on the Cowboys.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tough break for the best CB in the NFC East last year. Some really good players are getting hurt and it really frustrating.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, you are so friggin insecure. He wasn't saying ANYTHING bad about the Cowboys or even Garrett. He just said some people will question his decision. Everything isnt an attack on the Cowboys.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tough break for the best CB in the NFC East last year. Some really good players are getting hurt and it really frustrating.

"I am sure that will get some attention now that it backfired." A quote from him, sorry TEACH that was digging for something. Again I'd think a teacher would have a better understanding of the English language.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you Im smarter then you dude. I'll put my two Masters degrees up against your high school diploma any day of the week. I blame you for Scandricks injury. Karma reacted in less then 24 hours.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you Im smarter then you dude. I'll put my two Masters degrees up against your high school diploma any day of the week. I blame you for Scandricks injury. Karma reacted in less then 24 hours.

So maybe you can read a book, you're still football stupid. So how is this Karma, something that is bullshit in the first place. Karma is nothing more than coincidence.

You still think my saying injury prone players are likely to be injured is wishing for injury? You are dense considering you have two Masters degrees.

Oh and by the way Mister Two Masters, I'm has an apostrophe in it.

At least this now makes sense.
Arizona ranks 47th in nation for education - again
Arizona ranks 47th in nation for education - again

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I wasnt educated in Arizona. I did nail it though right... no college in your background. Right?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*than

You're not smart enough to put together a proper sentence, derpa derp.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scandrick got hurt trying to make a tackle. Not sure where you heard this was a non-contact drill but that is incorrect.

Practice began on a positive note with Scandrick intercepting an overthrown pass by quarterback Tony Romo. A few minutes later, on a completion to rookie Lucky Whitehead, Scandrick turned to plant his foot and the knee appeared to buckle as he went for the tackle.

“I saw him come across at the last minute,’’ Whitehead said. “I thought he was going to hit me so I tried to get down before I got hit. I mean, it was unfortunate that he got hurt.

Cowboys’ Scandrick: ‘It’s my ACL; I know it; it’s gone’; club awaits MRI results