• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon facilities. As good as advertised?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Oregon goes 9-3 'at worst' in the SEC

Not 4-8 like the SEC nut-swinger said.

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Oregon goes 9-3 'at worst' in the SEC

Not 4-8 like the SEC nut-swinger said.
I'll be nice and give you 6-6, you guys still are not taking the cumulative effect of an 8 game SEC grinding ass schedule into account. Stop looking at it from a game to game analysis, it doesn't work in this conference.....victories are not handed out. Even in stadiums of what you guys consider lower tier or mid tier you feel very lucky to get out with a W on the road...........It's not like when Oregon goes up to WSU and beats the crap out of them in front of 8,741 "fans", most of which are spending more time in the apple bobbing booth than watching the game, or like when they give Cal another beating in a stadium where more "fans" are smoking weed in the mountain behind the stadium than actually in it...
It's just not the same. Then again some you probably thought Notre Dame was actually going to beat Bama....I guess some people will just never get it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew I already pointed out that there grinding schedule is too broken up to be that big of a factor.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be nice and give you 6-6, you guys still are not taking the cumulative effect of an 8 game SEC grinding ass schedule into account. Stop looking at it from a game to game analysis, it doesn't work in this conference.....victories are not handed out. Even in stadiums of what you guys consider lower tier or mid tier you feel very lucky to get out with a W on the road...........It's not like when Oregon goes up to WSU and beats the crap out of them in front of 8,741 "fans", most of which are spending more time in the apple bobbing booth than watching the game, or like when they give Cal another beating in a stadium where more "fans" are smoking weed in the mountain behind the stadium than actually in it...
It's just not the same. Then again some you probably thought Notre Dame was actually going to beat Bama....I guess some people will just never get it.

If Oregon was playing those other games close I'd have to agree with you, but they were smoking the vast majority of them by halftime.

Oregon was a well coached, well disciplined team under Kelly.

It's already been proven that in a size comparison they are on par with the SEC up-front. So that was just another SEC nut-swinger comment.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you point out the close win by South Carolina but don't point out the miracle it took for Clemson to beat LSU? Remember the unbelievable perfect pass by Boyd on 4th and 16 or GAME OVER! LSU had that game won!Les Miles puked it away...:L The South Carolina game was not near as close as that loss!

swinger.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has been an elite program the last few years. It's just that simple.

The top 6 of the SEC are not all elite programs. Only Alabama has truly fit the definition of elite the last few years and even then their last two titles have been flawed. They were fortunate enough to get a second chance by luck and timing.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- Consider the size and cost of new academic-support building.

37,000 square feet, $41.7 million.

Actually, that $41.7 million is a university estimate of how much the building cost. Knight paid for it himself and wouldn't say. The school may not even know.

"In the second- and third-floor women's bathrooms, facing the stalls is a larger-than-life mirror etching of Knight."

:wtf2: Well that's not creepy at all.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey GatorDru,

Did you know in the long history of Tennessee football no one has given the Vols a worse beating in Knoxville than Oregon? Ever. 35 points if Im not mistaking.

Also Oregon hung with Scam Newton and the most dominant team Auburn in the SEC tile run era. Auburn STEAM ROLLED the SEC and Oregon lost by only 3 and held them to only 22 points.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, that $41.7 million is a university estimate of how much the building cost. Knight paid for it himself and wouldn't say. The school may not even know.

"In the second- and third-floor women's bathrooms, facing the stalls is a larger-than-life mirror etching of Knight."

hmmmm

two-way-mirror.jpg

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol/// what dude wouldnt want that?

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that is some serious TEAM SEC in that kid's head
Wow, I guess looking at my 3 favorite teams would lead anyone to believe that......it's no wonder my concept just isn't sinking in around here:L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I guess looking at my 3 favorite teams would lead anyone to believe that......it's no wonder my concept just isn't sinking in around here:L

You could make that argument for sure if Oregon were paying in the AAC, MWC, or MAC.

But they are playing in a darned good conference and dominating it with only 3 conference losses in 4 years. Granted the PAC isnt as good (especially top 5 or 6 teams) as the SEC. But they arent exactly playing cupcakes every week. And they have blown out the competition in nearly every PAC win. And when they lose it is usually by a FG.

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make that argument for sure if Oregon were paying in the AAC, MWC, or MAC.

But they are playing in a darned good conference and dominating it with only 3 conference losses in 4 years. Granted the PAC isnt as good (especially top 5 or 6 teams) as the SEC. But they arent exactly playing cupcakes every week. And they have blown out the competition in nearly every PAC win. And when they lose it is usually by a FG.
Well I guess it's not going to happen anyway so there's no point beating a dead horse.....I totally agree that the SEC gets too much preseason hype however, but my point is that people bitch and moan so much about without having been around it. There is a reason the conference has won 7 in a row and 11 of the last 23 NC's.
By the way, not sure why I have restrictions but I got the message.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, yes.......now bring me something that says playing 6 ranked teams from your conference is fucking hilarious, is playing 3 or 4 OOC games better ? Please explain. A ranked team is a ranked team, I think but things seem to be different on this board and I'm still new here:noidea:

Who played 6 ranked teams in conference?
Alabama played 3 in the regular season
LSU 3
A&M 4
Ole Miss 4
Ark 3
Aub 4
Miss St 3
UGA 2
SC 3
Fl 4
Tenn 5
Vandy 3
Missouri 5
Kent 4

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU 3
A&M 4
Ole Miss 4
Ark 3
Aub 4
Miss St 3
UGA 2
SC 3
Fl 4
Tenn 5
Vandy 3
Missouri 5
Kent 4

And thats the common average.
and just FYI Oregon played 5 last year. Stan 4, Or St 3, UW 4, WSU 4, Cal 5, USC 3, Az St 3, UCLA 3, AZ 5, Utah 2, Colo 3

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU 3
A&M 4
Ole Miss 4
Ark 3
Aub 4
Miss St 3
UGA 2
SC 3
Fl 4
Tenn 5
Vandy 3
Missouri 5
Kent 4
OK, you ask for it and here it is....UF played
UT-as bad as they were they were ranked 23rd when we played them.
TAMU- finished 5th in final BCS rankings
LSU- 14th I believe
Vandy- #23 in final poll
UGA-tied for 5th
USCe-7th I believe
Next please.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, you ask for it and here it is....UF played
UT-as bad as they were they were ranked 23rd when we played them.
TAMU- finished 5th in final BCS rankings
LSU- 14th I believe
Vandy- #23 in final poll
UGA-tied for 5th
USCe-7th I believe
Next please.

The rank they were when you played them means nothing. That's just cherry picking favorable data.