• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orcas feeding the Sharks - Round 1 Stanley Cup Playoffs

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the parts that bother me most is how AV says this team knows what they need to do. they remember the past.. they dont they havent all season

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
2-9 in their last 11 playoff games,
including 5 straight losses at home

bound to turn around? not sure.
they were terrific in the 2nd period, not good enough otherwise.
a couple of posts bounce the other way, and it could have been over. not to be.

Sedins looked mostly disinterested.
and those one-timers on the powerplay :L come on, man.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver doesn't look like they care anymore...press conference by their coach says it all really.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-9 in their last 11 playoff games,
including 5 straight losses at home

bound to turn around? not sure.
they were terrific in the 2nd period, not good enough otherwise.
a couple of posts bounce the other way, and it could have been over. not to be.

Sedins looked mostly disinterested.
and those one-timers on the powerplay :L come on, man.

Wow, Not good puck, not good at all!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy tense game until the 2-1 goal and the refs sucked (too many bad or missed calls both ways)... luckily, both PPs look like they suck something fierce out there (or at least the Sharks' PP does even though Couture got one).

Luongo owns the Sharks so I thought for sure he'd just keep on winning...

Don't worry Canucks fans, this one's far from over... this Sharks team knows how to snatch defeat from the hands of victory.

PS. Marleau now 2nd in active playoff goal scorers (to Jagr, who's ahead by a mile)... and he finally ties Roenick on the all-time list so, like, suck it, JR!!

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could hear a pin drop in that arena from the time San Jose took a lead all the way up until time expired.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't fathom paying that much money for lower bowl playoff tickets only to leave with five minutes left in the third and your team down by two goals.

I've never understood that. I mean all they have to is pot one and as long as there's a minute or so left, there's plenty of time to comeback. And it's not like comebacks from 2 goal leads late are all that rare. In fact, I've probably seen Vancouver do it more than most other teams.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the two plays that I think castrated the canucks tonight was when both daniel and henrik hesitated to shoot a puck in a clear lane you got to bury it

Daniel I can understand, but when was the last time Henrik actually shot the puck on net? He passes the bisquit 99.9% of the time.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Sharks team plays hard. Vs years past, they might be less likely to flat out beat you, but I believe this is a harder team to beat than previous Sharks teams. That might sound, and might be, contradictory, but McClelland has the team bought in. I still cannot see SJ up 2-0 going home so I expect a bouceback in game 2 for the Nucks, then its series on in San Jose.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood that. I mean all they have to is pot one and as long as there's a minute or so left, there's plenty of time to comeback. And it's not like comebacks from 2 goal leads late are all that rare. In fact, I've probably seen Vancouver do it more than most other teams.

I don't get it either. Its hockey. Yes, the last 2 innings in a baseball game can literally take an hour and a half, but if theres 7 minutes left on the clock in an NHL game your literally out of the arena in no more than 15 minutes.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt ever leave a playoff game early. That being said, canucks were generating zip in the way of scoring chances ... they had 2 shots in the 3rd period up until the sharks go ahead goal

those fans have seen this story before ... ALL SEASON LONG!

I was hoping they would flip the switch and come out guns a blazin ... the damn switch is BROKE!

its a slippery slope towards apathy ... not many have bought in financially/emotionally to this team the way they did during the 2011 cup run. Its not the team style people remember nor want

so down on this team

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver doesn't look like they care anymore...press conference by their coach says it all really.

I know its only game 1 but its been this way for 2 seasons (or at least since that boston game back in January we last beat them)

Daniel I can understand, but when was the last time Henrik actually shot the puck on net? He passes the bisquit 99.9% of the time.

thats a big problem and always has been. he had a clear shot to the net and you could see him physcially struggle NOT to shoot and try to find someone to pass to and he gave it away. it was a really abd choice.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is pretty much what I have been saying. Something big needed to be done this season and it was ignored. Its not too late in this series its only 1 game. but they need to find something anything to rally around and get it going. they talk and talk and talk about how they KNOW the windows closing, the KNOW that they took the Kings lightly last season and the LEARNED their lessons and know what to do... then prove it... get the gear changed. if you lose balls out thats fine but if you lose like this... .man KAFUCKINGBOOM

I wouldnt ever leave a playoff game early. That being said, canucks were generating zip in the way of scoring chances ... they had 2 shots in the 3rd period up until the sharks go ahead goal

those fans have seen this story before ... ALL SEASON LONG!

I was hoping they would flip the switch and come out guns a blazin ... the damn switch is BROKE!

its a slippery slope towards apathy ... not many have bought in financially/emotionally to this team the way they did during the 2011 cup run. Its not the team style people remember nor want

so down on this team

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler has the Flu....

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler has the Flu....

this official? they were saying it last night ... but they were spitballin on everything ... groin ... hip ... neck ... penis injury

Crampy must have had it too

/I blame the curse of Scott Mellanbys kids

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just watched AVs presser from last night. does he have the flu? talk about ZERO energy from him

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Paterson said Monday that Crampy looked like he lost weight and sounded sick :noidea:

/last thing the team needs is the flu bug going through the room to make them even MORE lethargic