• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orange Bowl: Alabama vs Oklahoma

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't matter...OU is toast.
DifficultPotableArawana-size_restricted.gif

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% bullshit. There is nothing monitored more than the cars the players drive. There is a lot of paperwork that is done and everything is tracked.

Although I'm not sure why people think it's hard to get a car.
Call it what you want, but I have seen the pics. I mean, I do get it. You don't want it to be true so you call 'bullshit'. I would too. Still, why would he lie about it? He has no dog in the fight.

Last edited:

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't matter...OU is toast.
Not to dis UO, but Alabama just seems to be in a class of their own this season. I can't see any of the teams hanging with them for 3 quarters. I mean, it's college football so anything can happen, but they are so well coached and have such depth that it's hard to see them losing.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to dis UO, but Alabama just seems to be in a class of their own this season. I can't see any of the teams hanging with them for 3 quarters. I mean, it's college football so anything can happen, but they are so well coached and have such depth that it's hard to see them losing.

Well The Citadel hung with them for a half(10-10) at halftime.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it what you want, but I have seen the pics. I mean, I do get it. You don't want it to be true so you call 'bullshit'. I would too. Still, why would he lie about it? He has no dog in the fight.

I call bullshit on most things people accept at face value without really investigating it deeper because it usually is bullshit.

This one guy is the only person in the world with pics of different college parking lots? You hear these stories all the time, but yet nobody else on the internet is able to produce these pics? There are tons and tons of journalists out there who would love to expose such things, make a name for themselves, but apparently there is some big conspiracy to keep them out? Instead they are reduced to making shit up half the time it seems, but they are really just ignoring this huge story that anyone who goes to multiple colleges with a camera can apparently scoop up.

And I'm supposed to take your word for it, or of course I'm just a homer who doesn't want to accept the reality...even with all of the above.

Meanwhile, I know Alabama has probably the biggest/best compliance department in college football. Where the only job the have is making sure things are done properly at all times, and self report them when found to minimize punishment as much as possible. And among their big time duties is they keep a record of every car a student drives, how they got it, etc.

I guess I am also supposed to pretend all college football players are poor and come from the ghetto? That they never come from a place of means on their own right? Nobody in their family could ever have the money to give them such a gift, it must be proof of wrong doing, even though it's been demonstratable for many years that football players are eligible for about $26,000 a year in legit money from grants, scholarships and so on. And they can also take out student loans if they want.

You know what I think? I think if a 5 year old Dodge Charger is enough to drive a player from your school to Alabama, then your school must suck.

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only mention it because I think thatthe Alabama defense might not be up to the usual Saban standard.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’ve “seen the pics”.

An entire group is PAID to monitor and report.

But hey, we trust you because “you saw the pics”.

:lol:

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only mention it because I think thatthe Alabama defense might not be up to the usual Saban standard.

They aren’t, but they’ve yielded fewer than 15 ppg (last year was 12.9) in spite of subbing a lot in 2nd halves. A lot will be determined by OU’s OL vs. Bama’s front 7. Strength on strength. Talent-wise, this front 7 is incredible. Unfortunately, Jennings was not 100% most of the season. If he and the DL play up to their their ability, this defense is pretty good.

No one is shutting down OU. The key is to avoid big plays and force FG attempts in the RZ when they get there.

sanction

Bama Don’t Care
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t, but they’ve yielded fewer than 15 ppg (last year was 12.9) in spite of subbing a lot in 2nd halves. A lot will be determined by OU’s OL vs. Bama’s front 7. Strength on strength. Talent-wise, this front 7 is incredible. Unfortunately, Jennings was not 100% most of the season. If he and the DL play up to their their ability, this defense is pretty good.

No one is shutting down OU. The key is to avoid big plays and force FG attempts in the RZ when they get there.

Bamas defense typically looks much better after that month off to heal.

Gotta hold the Sooners to 40. If they do that I think Bama wins.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well The Citadel hung with them for a half(10-10) at halftime.
And Army took OU to Overtime. Strange things happen when you lose the Turnover battle. The only way OU can win the game is if they win the Turnover margin by 2 plus. If they don't do that it is going to be a 2 score win by Alabama.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both offenses are capable of score 40+ on any defense and Bama defense is much better than OU. Question is can OU defense hold Bama offense under 40?

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still stand by my earlier prediction. Alabama 45 Oklahoma 35. I do think Alabama gets up 45-28 and OU scores late to close it to 10. Alabama to me just has too much on Offense that can take advantage of the OU defense to win the TOP and score most drives. OU is going to be in a position where they have to score every drive to keep up and I think they are the team that makes mistakes because of it. Should be a good game.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama will win by 9 BUT the one chance OU has is if it can jump out ahead by 10 or more and make Alabama start pressing. The last two games were a lot different than the rest of the season when the OU defense improved dramatically against West Virginia and Texas by forcing turnovers and also scoring points. If we see OU get a decent lead and see the OU defense playing well, then Oklahoma has a real shot at an upset.