• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opening Week Flex Question

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I know we're still over 2 weeks away from the opener, but I'm looking to drill down close to setting my opening lineup. I know there are some developments that need to settle out, but I figured I'd check and see what thoughts are. It's a PPR league, RB/WR flex, and here are my options -

RB Lamar Miller - @CLE
WR TY Hilton - vs. OAK
WR Denarius Moore - @IND
RB Mark Ingram - vs. ATL
WR Golden Tate - @CAR

Thoughts?

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go Hilton, miller, Tate,Moore then Ingram.. Ingram will see a lot more runs.. But sproles is still the passing option.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Miller the safest for 6-10...Hilton the better gamble for a big week, but potential for less than 5

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Miller the safest for 6-10...Hilton the better gamble for a big week, but potential for less than 5

I agree. Interested to see how Ingram pans out as I own him in two leagues myself but for sure Miller is your safest bet followed by Hilton IMO.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Miller then Hilton but it all depends on what happens in Miami now that reports are neck and neck

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would worry about Miller in games where Miami might be playing catch-up, and start him otherwise. Tough to say early because a team like the Browns might be much better than expected, and the Dolphins might be worse (or vice-versa), but without Gordon I doubt Cleveland has a real chance of jumping out to a big lead.

And I like Hilton, but nominally he's still the WR3 and the Raiders game may not exactly be a shootout.

So Miller, unless he fumbles three times this weekend or something.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is high on Tate? Honestly, I was kind of leaning towards him, especially since Harvin is out and Rice is still kinda banged up.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Harvin was never in, and Rice will probably be as healthy as he ever is. Still I like Tate to be a little better than last year - I have him almost on par with Hilton. On any given week he might have a great game, but I'm inclined to go with the higher floor with Miller.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Harvin was never in, and Rice will probably be as healthy as he ever is. Still I like Tate to be a little better than last year - I have him almost on par with Hilton. On any given week he might have a great game, but I'm inclined to go with the higher floor with Miller.

Well I knew Harvin wasn't in, I was just saying looking at the depth chart from the top down. As of today, Rice is merely "hopeful" for the first game, and with all of the talk about Tate it sounds like he may be in line for at least the lion's share of targets. Does that sound off at all?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds about right, but it wouldn't be much different than last year. I think Wilson will throw more than last year, but last year he was 40th in pass attempts per game - under 25. The average attempts per game of the other 19 QBs who played all 16 games was over 37. That really limits what Tate can do.

I project him about the same as Hilton, but Hilton has a ton more possible upside.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds about right, but it wouldn't be much different than last year. I think Wilson will throw more than last year, but last year he was 40th in pass attempts per game - under 25. The average attempts per game of the other 19 QBs who played all 16 games was over 37. That really limits what Tate can do.

I project him about the same as Hilton, but Hilton has a ton more possible upside.

Also a good point there about his pass attempts. I suppose as long as Lynch is healthy there's no reason not to keep feeding him. I haven't heard much, but is Seattle still planning on using Wilson on the ground like they did last year?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I know we're still over 2 weeks away from the opener, but I'm looking to drill down close to setting my opening lineup. I know there are some developments that need to settle out, but I figured I'd check and see what thoughts are. It's a PPR league, RB/WR flex, and here are my options -

RB Lamar Miller - @CLE
WR TY Hilton - vs. OAK
WR Denarius Moore - @IND
RB Mark Ingram - vs. ATL
WR Golden Tate - @CAR

Thoughts?

I am high on Tate. He has gotten a lot better over the off season and has been the star of the Hawks' camp. That being said, I would make the decision by process of elimination.

Moore and Ingram would be out for me. Not as much upside as the others.

If Miller takes hold of the feature back role, he is the answer. If he still looks like a 50-50 time share guy, I would bump him down beneath Hilton and Tate for now.

If Hilton wins the #2 WR job in Indy, then he is next in line. If DHB continues to start ahead of him, this limits Hilton's upside and would make me start Tate ahead of him too.

For now, Tate is 3rd on my list, but if the depth chart situations don't clear up for the other 2, Tate would be the safest PPR play, IMO.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am high on Tate. He has gotten a lot better over the off season and has been the star of the Hawks' camp. That being said, I would make the decision by process of elimination.

If Miller takes hold of the feature back role, he is the answer. If he still looks like a 50-50 time share guy, I would bump him down beneath Hilton and Tate for now.

If Hilton wins the #2 WR job in Indy, then he is next in line. If DHB continues to start ahead of him, this limits Hilton's upside and would make me start Tate ahead of him too.

For now, Tate is 3rd on my list, but if the depth chart situations don't clear up for the other 2, Tate would be the safest PPR play, IMO.

Sounds like it's merely a formality now and that TY is going to be the #2 in Indy. He's outplayed DHB in every facet from what I've heard.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it's merely a formality now and that TY is going to be the #2 in Indy. He's outplayed DHB in every facet from what I've heard.

Agreed. We will see what happens in telling pre-season game #3. If, for some reason TY continues to be used only in 3WR sets, that would be reason enough for me to start Tate ahead of him in week 1. Still close though.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR league, RB/WR flex, and here are my options -

My offerings:

1) WR Denarius Moore - @IND - Raiders will need to pass to win this game on the road. They won't win, but they'll still be passing.
2) RB Lamar Miller - @CLE - Home game for the Browns and they have a decent D IMO. I actually see this game as a shootout. Crazy?
3) WR Golden Tate - @CAR - Seattle great at home, but they aren't at home. I still expect them to win, but I bet this is more of a run game for the Hawks.
4) WR TY Hilton - vs. OAK - Like someone pointed out, Hilton still is battling Hey-Bey for the #2 spot. Besides I see Indy dominating this and not needing to pass.
5) RB Mark Ingram - vs. ATL - Divisional game. One of the tougher matchup options. I own Ingram in one league and hope he emerges as a decent early down back. But I'd be willing to wait a week to see if that's Peyton's plan.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd have to slightly disagree..if for some ridiculous reason DHB wins the second WR spot. .I LOVE Hilton as the #3. Him against nickel/dime corners/safeties?? Where do I sign up?? And its not like INDY has the personal to go 2 tight, or use a fullback all that often

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet: Hilton will be on the field for more passing plays than Tate.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to slightly disagree..if for some ridiculous reason DHB wins the second WR spot. .I LOVE Hilton as the #3. Him against nickel/dime corners/safeties?? Where do I sign up?? And its not like INDY has the personal to go 2 tight, or use a fullback all that often

The talk all throughout camp is that Pep Hamilton will use both Allen and Fleener together, much like Belichek used Gronk and Hernandez. Of course, if they aren't both healthy, that changes things quite a bit.

I agree that the match-ups looks great as a 3rd WR, but the chances could be limited if he is not the starter. Hopefully, this whole debate is moot by the end of the weekend.