• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opening Night 10/30 vs Lakers

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starts didn't play heavy minutes, and got to rest the whole 4th quarter. Folks are still griping?

Steph wasn't lights out, but he "manged the team" ala Alex Smith. We won easily vs a D League bunch, but that's what good teams do.

A win is a win, is a win, is a win...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have you no idea what you mean Bogut and Curry didn't come to play. Bogut did exactly what he needs to do on this team, which is board and play defense. He effectively shut down Pau Gasol, holding him to only 12 points. Boguts value is not tied to his scoring, it's every other facet of the game. 2 blocks, 2 steal, 4 assists and 8 boards in under 18 minutes ain't half bad.

Curry didn't light up the score board, but he didn't need to either. He quietly deferred to the hot hand, which is what a great team leader needs to do. If Curry kept trying to get his with Klay shooting the way he did, you could easily be bashing him here for being selfish.

Overall I don't like to bash anyone in a 30 point win because there's so many things going right for this win to happen, that players don't often resemble their true selves production and playing wise. You need to see how guys respond when the game is on the line or against tougher competition.

Good points, all. Tough to bitch about a 31 point win.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starts didn't play heavy minutes, and got to rest the whole 4th quarter. Folks are still griping?

Steph wasn't lights out, but he "manged the team" ala Alex Smith. We won easily vs a D League bunch, but that's what good teams do.

A win is a win, is a win, is a win...[/QUOTE]

That's the bottom line but I like to look for things inside the win that can be done better.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially a win against the Lakers .... with or without Kobe.

I'm interested to see the follow-up tonight against a pissed off and embarrassed Clipper team. The Dubs seem to match up pretty well with the Clips though.