• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dubs at Lakers 10/09/14

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch the game?

Dub Starters looked sharp, the offense was smooth, Bogut looked like a beast. 4 blocks 4 dimes, 4 pts, 6 boards. Klay was a on fire early on and to that point, I believe KLay will have a monster year this year. Steph is still going to get his #'s, but Klay is poised to take that leap.

Granted, this was against the Lakers with an aging Kobe, no bench, no Swaggy P, and its preseason, but Dubs looked sharp in this one.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game in it's entirety. I wouldn't just limit the starters, but the entire offense looks really, really good. There was incredible ball movement, weakside movement, back cuts, and high low screens that created a lot of easy open opportunities. There were some moments of overpassing and a little bit of carelessness, but that's to be expected with a new system and only a week or two of practice. Once the season rolls around, I think this team will be amazing to watch.

I also love how they push the pace at every opportunity. The Warriors frequently got the ball across half court with 20, 19 seconds left on the shot clock. Just making the defense turn its head and have to retreat hard makes a difference.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay seemed to hit every jumper he took last night, I agree. I know Kerr probably doesn't want to give away all the details now, but the brief look at the offense was refreshing.

On the defensive side, Bogut was blocking and changing shots left and right. I didn't like the part where he fell and took a hard fall, he needs to save that for the regular season.

I must have missed the part where AI#9 had his nose broken before the 1st half.

1) FE
2) Livingston
3) Nedo
4) AI#9

Don't like injuries going into the season, I hope this isn't the trend again this year.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay seemed to hit every jumper he took last night, I agree. I know Kerr probably doesn't want to give away all the details now, but the brief look at the offense was refreshing.

On the defensive side, Bogut was blocking and changing shots left and right. I didn't like the part where he fell and took a hard fall, he needs to save that for the regular season.

I must have missed the part where AI#9 had his nose broken before the 1st half.

1) FE
2) Livingston
3) Nedo
4) AI#9

Don't like injuries going into the season, I hope this isn't the trend again this year.

Harrison had a situation where he hurt his wrist as well. He came out but came back in to play the majority of the rest of the game.

Some small injuries throughout the season are to be expected. That's where our depth will come in to play. I think we're much more equiped this year to deal with those types of situations.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple added thoughts:

Brandon Rush looked pretty good out there as well. He played solid D and didn't do too much as expected on the offensive end.

Kuzmic is getting a lot of early run and with FE out, he may be called upon to be a rotation player right away. He looks a little bit slow, but he might be able to just be a big body out there to take up some space. He looks like he as a good feel on the offensive end, but will need to improve finishing around the rim.

Speights must not be impressing the coaching staff, as he's only been able to get in at the very tail end of the games. Last night he hit a couple of open jumpers, which was a good sign.

Lastly, our defensive rebounding, overall, was pretty bad. We gave the Lakers way too many second chance opportunities. I'm sure that'll be fixed sooner rather than later.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a little of last night's blow-out. Are the Dubs that good, or are the Lakers utter crap? Anyway, some luck with Bogut's health and an improved and confident Klay could see the team looking eye-to-eye with the Clips. If you're an opponent, seeing two guys on the perimeter who can shoot and pass like Steph and Klay has got to put some fear in you.