• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only an SEC Team

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These first few polls should be EXTREMELY fluid and drastic changes should happen. The initial poll is based off nothing more than guesses. Once they start playing it should be Ok for big changes to take place. Instead, Georgia stays above teams that have actually won a game this year. Then, they'll beat Soith Caolina and rejoin the top 10, with SC barely falling out, giving them each a free loss due to a preseason idea of how good they are.

Well said. Common sense is lacking in this world.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perty much...the sec is the only conference where all the teams take a late season shitbreak...playing down to georgia southern was enough to put bama in the big one

I would take a tough regular season then a short break at the end (playing against teams like FSU during our break) vs. playing mediocre teams all conference play long.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, we lost the game against you guys, 5 yards or not. And no one can deny that we've underwhelmed in big games in the past 5 or 6 years. That said, sometimes you just don't get the breaks ... seriously, we fucked up the snap on what basically was an extra point the other night otherwise that game is in OT.

Also, while Bama has the 3 NCs going for them, you've gotten some breaks to get there. You lose last year to TAMU and your done. That is until Oregon and KSU both lose crazy games the next week. The year before you don't even win your division and you get the NC (don't get me wrong, Bama was the best team that year, but no one else gets that break). So, yeah, Bama has it rolling right now, but you haven't been perfect, you've needed help, and you've had some breaks go your way, too, or it might be a different story.

All that is to say if the Dawgs keep recruiting, and we have a great coach, we'll keep being a great team and we will get our NC in the future.

No doubt, we had some lucky breaks in every National Championship run. You have to hope for those breaks though in every season. Not many Champs can look at their season and not find a game that they barely got by. It is the norm. Whether it be a missed call on a pick, an unimaginable blocked FG with 4 sec left, or dropping a game and having to wait for 5 other teams to lose. (2011 was crazy) Every fan should understand that to win it all you have to be good, disciplined and have a little bit of luck along the way.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, we had some lucky breaks in every National Championship run. You have to hope for those breaks though in every season. Not many Champs can look at their season and not find a game that they barely got by. It is the norm. Whether it be a missed call on a pick, an unimaginable blocked FG with 4 sec left, or dropping a game and having to wait for 5 other teams to lose. (2011 was crazy) Every fan should understand that to win it all you have to be good, disciplined and have a little bit of luck along the way.

Good to hear a Bama fan acknowledge that. Some of your brethren don't. All that said, you have to have the horses to be in line to get a little luck. With Saban and your tradition, you have that rolling for you now. I hope we get a chance for payback in Atlanta. We'll get a good idea if we can hold up our end this weekend.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good to hear a Bama fan acknowledge that. Some of your brethren don't. All that said, you have to have the horses in line to get a little luck. With Saban and your tradition, you have that rolling for you now. I hope we get a chance for payback in Atlanta. We'll get a good idea if we can hold up our end this weekend.

At least you get a measuring stick this weekend. We gotta sit back and twittle our thumbs for an entire agonizing 2 weeks. That VT game left to many questions that, quite frankly, I want answers to quickly. Hopefully we hold up our end this year as well.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has a gift of a schedule this year. That said, the "experts" should recognize that and a single loss should be a death blow so far as the National Championship is concerned (assuming there are competing undefeated or 1-loss teams like usual with them).

I can see one Tenn-Chattanooga for your non-con if you are supposed to be the best, but Colorado State?! And V-Tech is the biggest competition? Not very impressive. It almost (almost) makes Ohio State look like they are challenging themselves before conference play.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has a gift of a schedule this year. That said, the "experts" should recognize that and a single loss should be a death blow so far as the National Championship is concerned (assuming there are competing undefeated or 1-loss teams like usual with them).

I can see one Tenn-Chattanooga for your non-con if you are supposed to be the best, but Colorado State?! And V-Tech is the biggest competition? Not very impressive. It almost (almost) makes Ohio State look like they are challenging themselves before conference play.

The Colorado St head coach was the Alabama OC before he was their HC. That was a gift game for him(payday for the program).

Then we got Georgia St. That game was scheduled while Bill Curry(ex Alabama HC) was the head coach. Another gift game for their program.

VT is alot better than people think - or Alabama isn't even contenders, one of the two.

We got an easier than usual schedule this year, that's for sure. Too many damn gift games. Don't know that I would call it a gift of a schedule for Alabama really.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Teams that schedule real games the first week instead of cupcakes should be rewarded.