• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only an SEC Team

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These first few polls should be EXTREMELY fluid and drastic changes should happen. The initial poll is based off nothing more than guesses. Once they start playing it should be Ok for big changes to take place. Instead, Georgia stays above teams that have actually won a game this year. Then, they'll beat Soith Caolina and rejoin the top 10, with SC barely falling out, giving them each a free loss due to a preseason idea of how good they are.

perty much...the sec is the only conference where all the teams take a late season shitbreak...playing down to georgia southern was enough to put bama in the big one

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think last year has meaning on this year?

I don't know dude, look at the polls...you'd be pissing and moaning if Bama was 5. Yeah, some of the same human beings return from the preceding year. These beings mostly continue their behavior.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
74QMixc.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getdafukoverit.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know dude, look at the polls...you'd be pissing and moaning if Bama was 5. Yeah, some of the same human beings return from the preceding year. These beings mostly continue their behavior.

Actually, I have my own rankings and I have Alabama ranked #7.

Try again.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polls this early in the season are useless. We won't know until a good 6 games in at least what kind of real pulse these teams have.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These first few polls should be EXTREMELY fluid and drastic changes should happen. The initial poll is based off nothing more than guesses. Once they start playing it should be Ok for big changes to take place. Instead, Georgia stays above teams that have actually won a game this year. Then, they'll beat Soith Caolina and rejoin the top 10, with SC barely falling out, giving them each a free loss due to a preseason idea of how good they are.

I find no material flaws in this poster's logic.

But he spells like a Clemson grad.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were a pass away from going to the dance instead of you...little respect maybe?

no they weren't. They threw a pass and was tackled on the 3 yard line, running the clock out. Hell, Bama was a pick-6 from scoring another touchdown...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Alabama fans be talking about cake walk schedules? I guess they would be the experts on them, the SEC spoon feeds them to Bama nearly every year.

That is complete bullshit. Bama rotates through and plays teams like Florida, UGA, SC, LSU, Arkansas, etc. then you throw in the OOC games they play against big names in big conferences (e.g. Michigan, Penn St, Virginia Tech, etc.)...

Not Bama's fault that Michigan and friends couldn't make a game out of it.

I am no Bama fan either... but your statement is absolute crap. Take any team in the nation and put them through Bama's average schedule and see what happens.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perty much...the sec is the only conference where all the teams take a late season shitbreak...playing down to georgia southern was enough to put bama in the big one

you were discussing georgia's play last year...which tense would you like to use now

Please, share with us your secret.

multi-quote button is your friend...... :hope:

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they were a pass away from going to the dance instead of you...little respect maybe?

That is one of my favorite games already. They played great, but yet again... they couldn't seal the deal. I'm not saying that UGA isn't a good team. They (or maybe Richt) cannot seem to get it together nowadays. I posted in another thread what they're record vs ranked teams is over the past 4 years. It isn't pretty at all. They are 4-11 vs ranked teams. That is why I said what I did. UGA is starting to gain this stigma about them. If your ranked, you'll probably win against them.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jawga was more impressive in their loss at Clemson, than OSU was in their win over Miss. Steak :noidea:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, Okie St choking to Iowa ST was! :yahoo:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of my favorite games already. They played great, but yet again... they couldn't seal the deal. I'm not saying that UGA isn't a good team. They (or maybe Richt) cannot seem to get it together nowadays. I posted in another thread what they're record vs ranked teams is over the past 4 years. It isn't pretty at all. They are 4-11 vs ranked teams. That is why I said what I did. UGA is starting to gain this stigma about them. If your ranked, you'll probably win against them.

Well, we lost the game against you guys, 5 yards or not. And no one can deny that we've underwhelmed in big games in the past 5 or 6 years. That said, sometimes you just don't get the breaks ... seriously, we fucked up the snap on what basically was an extra point the other night otherwise that game is in OT.

Also, while Bama has the 3 NCs going for them, you've gotten some breaks to get there. You lose last year to TAMU and your done. That is until Oregon and KSU both lose crazy games the next week. The year before you don't even win your division and you get the NC (don't get me wrong, Bama was the best team that year, but no one else gets that break). So, yeah, Bama has it rolling right now, but you haven't been perfect, you've needed help, and you've had some breaks go your way, too, or it might be a different story.

All that is to say if the Dawgs keep recruiting, and we have a great coach, we'll keep being a great team and we will get our NC in the future.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also the only conference that plays meaningful conference games in the first 3 weeks of September, but I noticed you didn't mention that. While your busy playing Lamar and UTSA, every SEC team will have played at least one conference game.

LOL, Don't sleep on Lamar...they dismantled Oklahoma Panhandle State on the weekend 75-0. Lol, Oklahoma Pandhandle State, you just can't make this shit up.