• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't tell the difference between a blind sided cross check the head/neck and one in which the two players are engaged and where the victim is actively defending himself then I don't think we have enough common ground to debate this.

And again, since you seem to keep missing this, I didn't agree with the length of suspension for Kadri (compared to other punishments for similar acts). I said I would give him four games. I would do that in the regular season or playoffs. I would give Chara two games in either scenario regular v. postseason.

I disagree on doing the same punishment for both regular season and playoffs. I think it hurts more to be suspended in the playoffs. IMO it should be adjusted in the playoffs.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on doing the same punishment for both regular season and playoffs. I think it hurts more to be suspended in the playoffs. IMO it should be adjusted in the playoffs.

I used to think that way but have revised my thinking somewhat. Players know that a bad pass or a stupid penalty is more important in the postseason. Why should we have a different standard when it applies to players' safety?

My take now is that if there is a deliberate attempt to injure (both these cases were) then you serve the same term. Neither of these were hockey plays. Mayyybe in the case of questionable knee or something like that you might have a reduced sentence but for Chara and Kadri I say sit the same amount of time. We need deterrents in the playoffs just as much as during the regular season. A concussion or a broken vertebrae doesn't know it's the playoffs. It has the same adverse effect on the player's future either way.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if that's true, on the other side of that coin it should similarly hurt more (because it's the playoffs) to potentially lose a victimized player to injury and the two factors should basically offset each other.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if that's true, on the other side of that coin it should similarly hurt more (because it's the playoffs) to potentially lose a victimized player to injury and the two factors should basically offset each other.

There's that too. Higher stakes in the playoffs all around. Act like a fuckwit you sit for just as long as regular season fuckwits. Know the rules and act accordingly.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My condolences, AHL fans.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Evander Kane getting a call from the league for ploinking Pionk.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
what a fucking idiot
next time he looks at someone wrong... 20 games

Status
Not open for further replies.