• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's dying inside right now. The Sabres have no grit.

To Buffalo:
Mark Borowiecki (extended for 6 years)
2020 2nd round pick (Columbus pick)
2020 2nd round pick (Dallas pick)
Conditional 2021 5th rounder (becomes a 3rd if Boro beats the piss out of a bicycle thief in Buffalo)

To Ottawa:
Jack Eichel
2022 6th round pick

Which GM blinks first?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, these two paragraphs:

“… I did not like the group I inherited — moving them out a piece at a time, it took longer than I thought it would take. When I first got here I asked (then-head coach) Ron Wilson, ‘Do we need a goalie?’ He said, ‘No, Toskala’s good enough.’ He had had him in San Jose, and he really believed that. Obviously, he was wrong. That’s why we got Giguere — I couldn’t stand watching Vesa Toskala play anymore.”

“We really felt we had the fastest team in the NHL, and the toughest team in the NHL,” the longtime executive said. “If you go back and look, we had (Mikhail) Grabovski, we had (Phil) Kessel, we had really good foot-speed … and then we could scare the hell out of you with the bottom six. And that team made the playoffs.”

How much can you unpack in one sitting?

-Wilson thought a goalie who was playing sub-.900 hockey over two seasons as a starter was good.

-Burke didn't like his roster and yet 4 months earlier had just given away two firsts and a second for a winger.

-He's actually bragging about a bottom six that had John Mitchell as a third line centre and Dragon's favourite fourth line of McLaren-McClement-Orr.

-He brags about Grabovski's foot speed but neglects to mention that the coach he hired hated him and threw him down to the third line.

-Like you I like the anecdotes but I also wish there was even one person with some balls at SN who could mention any of the above and challenge this 4 time failed executive on his bullshit.

In contrast, Dave Poulin was on the TSN panel for Leafs-Preds and the discussion was about Leafs trade targets and since Sandin was having a good game obviously Poulin felt the need to mention that the Leafs "might have to give him up" in any deal and before he could stop talking Mackenzie interjected with "The Leafs aren't trading Sandin, he's untouchable". THIS IS THE CORRECT WAY TO TREAT FAILED EXECUTIVES! Especially bitter old hockey men Leaf failures like Burke, Poulin, Nonis and whoever the hell else has run this team since 1970.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratboy 2 had a fighting major, a roughing, flexed, and went down easy a few times tonight....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goldsberry-SUPER-BOWL-0131-1-2.png

Not that I am surprised, mind you. I am just impressed someone did the math.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Anyone know how to find out what was the biggest point lead Makar had over Hughes?

Status
Not open for further replies.