• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2 million dollar fine was and is still ridiculous. There has to be major consequences for the Blackhawks in addition to Coach Q and Chevy.

I play a 100$ buy in hockey league. I said this in the chat.

Quinville NEEDS TO GO. Florida ownership needs to have a meeting after the game, too much distraction during or before, and say

"you have 2 choices. A) We fire you or B) We release you. Take your pick"

Chevy... I don't know. Yes he lied about it but it wasn't as bad as Saying

"We should care more about Playoffs and championships then a player we'll being"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Canucks select him instead of Cody Hodgson if it weren't for that bad reputation back in junior?
Thats the thing right. He had a bad rep in junior so its just so easy to amplify anything he does in his twenties throughout the hockey world so he can get buried and his career gets finished and he goes away and his “secret” goes away too.

Did organizations do this on purpose? … seems like chicago may have by all their actions/inactions … and maybe others did too ???

The moment in the interview when beach says hawks “mental coach” “doc gary” told him he was to blame for the incident because he put himself in that position was just awful :L

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
jesus, that's a tough watch.
TSN video flipped automatically to Duncan Keith denying he knew anything.
had to turn it off immediately, as i was starting to rage-up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there should be something equivalent to the SMU death penalty for the Hawks - First of all, multiply that fine by a factor of 50. And then I would say that the Hawks get no first round picks for the next 5 years.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's crazy that Coach Q is actually coaching a game as I type this post. Say what you want about the Flames, but when the Akim Aliu story broke, the Flames suspended Peters from coaching and then fired him a few days later.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you even compute that ... bring in the actuaries i guess ? A friend told me last night that Beach retired and was going to coach a kids spring hockey team in vancouver but as the interview detailed he is now playing 3rd division german league hockey

I must say though, Kyle Beach had a reputation of being a head case and a trouble maker. He admits in the interview he did stupid stuff .. of course most of it caused by the self medicating he was doing to deal with the shit that happened to him.

I wonder how much the hockey machine played a role in making sure Kyle Beachs bad reputation stuck with him so he would just go away
It would be an interesting experiment. So his last year in Junior he played 24 games and scored 33 points. The 11 OA pick 3 years prior played 47 games and scored 27 points (Anze Kopitar). Kopitar's career earnings by the end of his career will be *gulp* 126 million.

Brandon Sutter, a guy whose game is probably more comparable, has career earnings of 38m. 11th OA the year before.

Bernier (the goalie) was taken 11th in 06 and his career earnings is 26m.

David Clarkson was a terror in Junior. His career earnings was 48m. But he wasn't drafted.

We have no way of knowing what he would have become if this never happened, but there are more than a few ways you can start to draw a likely comparison.

I mean, there should be something equivalent to the SMU death penalty for the Hawks - First of all, multiply that fine by a factor of 50. And then I would say that the Hawks get no first round picks for the next 5 years.
After the one this year, right? Even if it wins the lottery?

Maybe they should take away the next 5 after this AND make this year's win the lottery. Just to really punish 'em.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's crazy that Coach Q is actually coaching a game as I type this post. Say what you want about the Flames, but when the Akim Aliu story broke, the Flames suspended Peters from coaching and then fired him a few days later.
That blows my mind as well.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware that Brad Aldrich's name is on the Stanley Cup. It needs to be removed.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont push the envelope and check in on al strachan

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right - Keith has always been a stand-up guy. What a friggin joke. Hey Gene and Mark, newsflash, Keith knew and said nothing.

FCvk8ukWQAA-L_f

Status
Not open for further replies.