• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably didn’t want to upset the chemistry of the Panthers 7-0 start…

*stolen/paraphrased from someone on the Twitter machine.

I'll allow it lol - Nice to see you Jeff, hope all is well with you and the family.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Ryan Risaug hit him with the hard hitting questions…

Imagine carrying water for Duncan Keith who hasn't even played 10 regular season games for the Oilers because you're more concerned about protecting your insider access rather than calling a guy on his obvious bs.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll allow it lol - Nice to see you Jeff, hope all is well with you and the family.
Hope the same for you and yours buddy! Sorry lost your number on a phone switch (phone switch = swimming with my phone for 5 minutes without realizing it).

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be an interesting experiment. So his last year in Junior he played 24 games and scored 33 points. The 11 OA pick 3 years prior played 47 games and scored 27 points (Anze Kopitar). Kopitar's career earnings by the end of his career will be *gulp* 126 million.

Brandon Sutter, a guy whose game is probably more comparable, has career earnings of 38m. 11th OA the year before.

Bernier (the goalie) was taken 11th in 06 and his career earnings is 26m.

David Clarkson was a terror in Junior. His career earnings was 48m. But he wasn't drafted.

We have no way of knowing what he would have become if this never happened, but there are more than a few ways you can start to draw a likely comparison.

After the one this year, right? Even if it wins the lottery?

Maybe they should take away the next 5 after this AND make this year's win the lottery. Just to really punish 'em.

Not to disparage Beach but Kopitar had 20 points in 47 games, but it was in the SHL, not junior. And FWIW Kopitar should have never been an 11th OA Pick. If John Muckler wasn't a senile dipshit who picked Brian Lee because ...North America...then Kopitar should have been no later than a 9th overall. And a Sen but I digress. <deep breaths>

Getting back to what Beach, or any 11th OA Pick, could have made? Well the sky is the limit financially. That earning potential and an adult life free from mental anguish, embarrassment. humiliation and unwarranted shame was taken from him. Some of that could have been quickly restored by Blackhawks brass but they didn't do their damn jobs. So at the end of the day compare him to Wayne, Mario and Bobby for all I care. The Hawks need to pay out of the nose. No player comparison can give this guy the last 10 years back. I hope they get destroyed.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attaboy Dave, way to toe the NHL company line. Feckless coward.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attaboy Dave, way to toe the NHL company line. Feckless coward.

Incident??? Or pattern that no one tried to stop and actively covered up....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right - Keith has always been a stand-up guy. What a friggin joke. Hey Gene and Mark, newsflash, Keith knew and said nothing.

FCvk8ukWQAA-L_f
Wonder what those twats would say if it was dropped that it was indeed Keith who taunted the victim.
Saw this coming 10 billion miles away.
If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.
Not to disparage Beach but Kopitar had 20 points in 47 games, but it was in the SHL, not junior. And FWIW Kopitar should have never been an 11th OA Pick. If John Muckler wasn't a senile dipshit who picked Brian Lee because ...North America...then Kopitar should have been no later than a 9th overall. And a Sen but I digress. <deep breaths>

Getting back to what Beach, or any 11th OA Pick, could have made? Well the sky is the limit financially. That earning potential and an adult life free from mental anguish, embarrassment. humiliation and unwarranted shame was taken from him. Some of that could have been quickly restored by Blackhawks brass but they didn't do their damn jobs. So at the end of the day compare him to Wayne, Mario and Bobby for all I care. The Hawks need to pay out of the nose. No player comparison can give this guy the last 10 years back. I hope they get destroyed.
Yeah, that's where I was going with it. The first wheelbarrow of money should be what he *should* have made if his career panned out normally. Start with what they took from him before they ever hurt him.

THEN go into reimbursing him for the damage. That's a bigger wheelbarrow.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incident??? Or pattern that no one tried to stop and actively covered up....

Sometimes these guys should just stick to no comment and leave it at that - Also, how about showing some compassion and empathy for Kyle Beach, nope Tippett doesn't even mention his name. Just one of the good ole boys of a toxic culture.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes these guys should just stick to no comment and leave it at that - Also, how about showing some compassion and empathy for Kyle Beach, nope Tippett doesn't even mention his name. Just one of the good ole boys of a toxic culture.
Not trying to make like light of the subject but Tippetts comments reminded me of this:

Seriously all these toxic folks don't want to be considered "gay" for actually having compassion/empathy towards another human being.
The old fake Alpha Male crap.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why Tippett's talking about this at all? What connection does he have to anybody involved? Looking at his resume I'm not seeing any links here.

Is this just dumb hockey man making dumb hockey comment?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why Tippett's talking about this at all? What connection does he have to anybody involved? Looking at his resume I'm not seeing any links here.

Maybe some connection via Hockey Canada perhaps? That's all that comes to mind.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure but I think your latter comment is probably the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.