• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some Oilers coffee table book defense Canucks.... Ooof

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won’t go over well because I like Tommy but I gotta call it like I see it. You’re all longtime hockey guys that have seen so much worse than that. Guys get punched and cross checked on the ice all the time do they not? Show me any player that gets “jumped” on from behind and is going to do nothing. It wasn’t even in the same league as Bertuzzi as someone alluded to earlier not even close. I’ve seen 2 elbows to unsuspecting players heads by McDavid in the past 2-3 weeks and nary a word to be heard but if 43 had done it he should be in prison. Wilson has an earned rep for sure and has had suspension worthy hits but some of his hits he’s been suspended for weren’t any worse than I’ve seen in the past by countless people. Just last week Martin charged and boarded Dowd blatantly with his head hitting the boards but no blood and he got up so it’s all good. Nothing was gonna be called until Big Z said oh hell no and made Martin turtle.

if Wilson did a Claude Lemieux on Draper type hit I would not defend it as IMO that was the worse thing I’ve seen but the pile on Wilson for every hit the guy makes is ridiculous

Somehow this seems appropriate

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Wilson did a Claude Lemieux on Draper type hit I would not defend it as IMO that was the worse thing I’ve seen but the pile on Wilson for every hit the guy makes is ridiculous

But isn't that the issue? The main cause of the piling on is the fact that he doesn't learn from his previous transgressions. He's the most dangerous player that I've seen play since Matt Cooke who ended two careers (Marc Savard and essentially Erik Karlsson who is a shadow of the player he was since Cooke tore his Achilles tendon). Maybe just maybe people want to try to prevent Wilson from prematurely ending another player's career and if he continues to do this type of crap, he should forfeit his right to play in the league for an extended period of time.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I'm more offended with McDavid padding his stats agains the Canucks than I am at little Timmy Wilson going apeshit again.

About sums him up:
mcd.PNG

Suprised the score sheet didn't read McDavid from McDavid and McDavid.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been fun reading the defenses of Wilson on Twitter. Every single one starts off trying to act like he had no choice then mentions something else that was awful and nasty like the existence of other evil in some way excused what that idiot does.

"I mean, Tommy did defend his goalie but did you see what Lizzie Borden did to her parents?"

I don't remember anyone so passionately defending Raffi Torres.

Is Cole Caulfield the best rookie OT goal scorer in the history of the North Division?
A title that will stand for all time.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Cole Caulfield the best rookie OT goal scorer in the history of the North Division?

He's heating up the Habs so much that he should change his name to Coal Caulfield.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been fun reading the defenses of Wilson on Twitter. Every single one starts off trying to act like he had no choice then mentions something else that was awful and nasty like the existence of other evil in some way excused what that idiot does.

"I mean, Tommy did defend his goalie but did you see what Lizzie Borden did to her parents?"

I don't remember anyone so passionately defending Raffi Torres.

A title that will stand for all time.
My favorites are the ones who linked the Sid/PK video from the cup final

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not clear if that means just the next 3 games, or playoffs too. Sounds kinda like just the reg season.

Reactions: gob

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that we haven't heard anything yet (at least I haven't seen anything from any reliable sources) indicates to me that Tom is in a heap of trouble.
I hope so. I’ve also seen speculation on Twitter the opposite. No news is good news for him.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kid has all the tools to be the real deal. Wonder if Florida takes the extreme step of exposing Bob to Seattle? Because by next year it's gonna be damn hard for them to get out from under his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.