• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Are we even sure that was Tristan Jarry underneath that mask?

jcvd-o.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the embellishment by Perry, but that's still an elbow from McDavid.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they're also the first and only team exempt from the Seattle expansion draft.
They should be. It would be unfair for a recent expansion team to lose players while they are trying to become successful.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
They should be. It would be unfair for a recent expansion team to lose players while they are trying to become successful.
more to the point they should be because they aren't getting a slice of the expansion $$
the efforts to get them good fast were obviously too successful, and some other GM's were ridiculously stupid in protecting the wrong player (and paying good assets to do so), but i don't have a problem with them being exempt from this draft.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more to the point they should be because they aren't getting a slice of the expansion $$
the efforts to get them good fast were obviously too successful, and some other GM's were ridiculously stupid in protecting the wrong player (and paying good assets to do so), but i don't have a problem with them being exempt from this draft.

In all honesty, I'd rather it be the opposite, I wouldn't mind them getting a slice of the expansion $$ since they paid a hefty sum to join the league in the first place, but they've been in the league several seasons now, why are they being treated differently from other teams as far as protecting players is concerned?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
In all honesty, I'd rather it be the opposite, I wouldn't mind them getting a slice of the expansion $$ since they paid a hefty sum to join the league in the first place, but they've been in the league several seasons now, why are they being treated differently from other teams as far as protecting players is concerned?
that was the deal that was struck at the time and agreed to by 30 teams..
absolutely no problem with it.

and besides, if the NHL were to change the rules retroactively to penalized a team, there would be universal uproar, right?
I mean you could not hope to capture all of the outrage, let alone recapture it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the deal that was struck at the time and agreed to by 30 teams..
Just because the owners liked and agreed to it doesn't mean it's good, though. At the end of the day, teams that have been fighting and trying to figure out the flat cap world and how to save their assets for the future while the first team to clinch a playoff spot gets to sit around and laugh. It annoys me. The fact the owners like it makes it worse to me.

Maybe they could offer for a team to forfeit their share of the expansion fee to not have give up a player. I bet a few teams would take that deal.

I also hope my GM doesn't over-deal this time. They'll get Harrington and they'll like it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Just because the owners liked and agreed to it doesn't mean it's good, though. At the end of the day, teams that have been fighting and trying to figure out the flat cap world and how to save their assets for the future while the first team to clinch a playoff spot gets to sit around and laugh. It annoys me. The fact the owners like it makes it worse to me.

Maybe they could offer for a team to forfeit their share of the expansion fee to not have give up a player. I bet a few teams would take that deal.

I also hope my GM doesn't over-deal this time. They'll get Harrington and they'll like it.
that's what $500 million gets you.
guaranteed a bunch of owners aren't thrilled with the way it turned out (especially looking into this next draft as you mentioned), but that was the contract.

i just see no sense in complaining about it, as everyone knew the rules going into it.
Vegas GM outflanked everyone - so kudos to him. It wasn't as much the players picked, but the side deals that really put them over the top.
honestly , you have to respect that. several GMs were tripping over themselves to give them even more assets.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'd just end up with Melnyk trading for everybody's expansion fees in place of a protection spot. No deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.