• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it's time to wipe the slate clean.
Come to us dash... We have great experience in these matters

tenor.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOF GMJR is gone so no hope he is back with the Pens

I really don't know why Treliving didn't re-sign Tobias Rieder, he had a pretty good year with the Flames last season and is a great PKer (something that the Flames have really struggled at this season). Also, I know the doctor repaired Leivo's knee, but did he take away his hands during the procedure? Geez, that guy stinks this season.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know why Treliving didn't re-sign Tobias Rieder, he had a pretty good year with the Flames last season and is a great PKer (something that the Flames have really struggled at this season). Also, I know the doctor repaired Leivo's knee, but did he take away his hands during the procedure? Geez, that guy stinks this season.
He really stinks most years but he had a few minor stretches with Crosby. He is only valuable with a top 6 center but doesn't score enough but helped on the backcheck.
Rieder made much more sense unless they were thinking Simon could have been a useful top 6 plugin when needed?

At least it was a minimal cost to the cap.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really stinks most years but he had a few minor stretches with Crosby. He is only valuable with a top 6 center but doesn't score enough but helped on the backcheck.
Rieder made much more sense unless they were thinking Simon could have been a useful top 6 plugin when needed?

At least it was a minimal cost to the cap.

I wonder if Treliving just thought (hey, he played with Crosby, so I can get a top six forward on the cheap) and it was a done deal. I'd rather have kept Rieder.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Treliving just thought (hey, he played with Crosby, so I can get a top six forward on the cheap) and it was a done deal. I'd rather have kept Rieder.
Honestly I think even the Pens were hoping he would have been the next Dupuis but that was never going to happen. Simon was just not good.
Really AHL Filler at best. He should only be used in short spurts in the NHL. With that you have to give him credit to play almost 200 NHL games.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, being married for more than a couple of years is pretty much the same as purchasing a Sabres bed set :pout:
Just imagine being married with the Sabre bed set. Man you are worse off than Jeff Skinner.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The hit:

Nobody hits marketable star - gets 5 and a game. Marketable star is hurt, Nobody's team suffered a similar hit to one of their stars that was not punished at all last year. They are gonna line up the firing squad on this one.

5 and a game should be enough, IMO. Ugly, unnecessary hit but not worth more than has already been punished.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The hit:

Nobody hits marketable star - gets 5 and a game. Marketable star is hurt, Nobody's team suffered a similar hit to one of their stars that was not punished at all last year. They are gonna line up the firing squad on this one.

5 and a game should be enough, IMO. Ugly, unnecessary hit but not worth more than has already been punished.

Blitchfeld hit him in the chest and the Labron wannabe took a dive. :what:

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The hit:

So did Cogliano get a call from the League offices as well and I just missed it? Because his hit Tuesday on Point was certainly worse than that. Of course I do realize Brayden Point isn’t the star MacKinnon is, so maybe I’m sorta answering my own question.

Status
Not open for further replies.