• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded Muzzin for a first and a guy who tops out as a third liner and now they want to trade a roster player for someone who is like Jake Muzzin. Interesting.
Read a little more they want a dynamic under 25 d-man. Yeah good luck getting that in a trade.
Are the Blues still willing to trade Vince Dunn?
Imagine the Sabres might be willing to deal Ristolainen but he really can't help the Kings now and Montour is outside their age requirement.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a little more they want a dynamic under 25 d-man. Yeah good luck getting that in a trade.
Are the Blues still willing to trade Vince Dunn?
Imagine the Sabres might be willing to deal Ristolainen but he really can't help the Kings now and Montour is outside their age requirement.
I saw that, and I understand why they traded Muzzin at the time but it's just a little ironic that they had what they're currently looking for, even if a little older, and could've instead traded what they find dispensable to address another need instead of going out to find a younger version of Muzz.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that, and I understand why they traded Muzzin at the time but it's just a little ironic that they had what they're currently looking for, even if a little older, and could've instead traded what they find dispensable to address another need instead of going out to find a younger version of Muzz.
I think this is a clickbait story. There are 31 teams that would like a dynamic LHD
Kings are not looking for anything this year. Sure is someone throws a gift at them they might take it, but Kings management has already said they are playing the hand they have now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a clickbait story. There are 31 teams that would like a dynamic LHD
Kings are not looking for anything this year. Sure is someone throws a gift at them they might take it, but Kings management has already said they are playing the hand they have now.
I think if a move presents itself that you can't pass on you make it no matter where you are in your build and they're one of the few teams with cap space and assets to do it.

But I agree that there doesn't look like there's many teams struggling out there who have such a player available.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup...Vancouver and/or Calgary could have a GM vacancy in the off-season.
A few other teams with long time GM's that need to be turfed are San Jose, Anaheim and Nashville.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few other teams with long time GM's that need to be turfed are San Jose, Anaheim and Nashville.
Depending on how the rest of the season plays out I could see Jarmo and Chevy get the boot too, ironic considering their blockbuster trade. But both those teams seem very rudderless despite the amount of talent that has passed through each roster in the past 5 years.

I'd throw Berge on the pile too but I'm convinced Geoff Molson's too terrified to fire him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOF GMJR will get rehired. Whoever hires him I hope the fans of that organization don't enjoy the NHL draft.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how the rest of the season plays out I could see Jarmo and Chevy get the boot too, ironic considering their blockbuster trade. But both those teams seem very rudderless despite the amount of talent that has passed through each roster in the past 5 years.

I'd throw Berge on the pile too but I'm convinced Geoff Molson's too terrified to fire him.
Unless pictures of Jarmo doing coke with some hookers come out, I can't see him getting fired this year

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless pictures of Jarmo doing coke with some hookers come out, I can't see him getting fired this year
Yeah, he seems to be universally loved by ownership, and whatever he is or is not doing with Torts is probably directed by ownership (IE: just let him retire).

Reactions: gob

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't make the playoffs this year, we'll need a new GM.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need and get one are two different things :lol:
tenor.gif

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One playoff series win in 7 years. Eventually you have to question your commitment to failure.
If we're being fair, three of the last four years when they lost in the first round, they were matched up against the eventual SC champion.

How many different coaches and GMs have teams like Buffalo and Toronto gone through to have the same or (in Buffalo's case, significantly) worse results?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One playoff series win in 7 years. Eventually you have to question your commitment to failure.
They have committed to him, but like I said the rumors are he's retiring after this season. Even if he doesn't, they probably won't renew him. If they do, then Jarmo probably should be fired.

Reactions: gob
Status
Not open for further replies.