• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Doc is retiring, leaving, quitting, getting out, backing out, abandoning, checking out, pushing off, shoving off, splitting, vamoosing, making tracks, clearing out, scooting away, heading out, and bowing out?!?

I wish him well. Enjoy retirement Doc.

Hes gonna transport his waffleboard off to the shuffleboard pitch

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As torn on this as I was with the Whalers jerseys in Carolina.

It was awesome to see them back. But it wasn't right to see it in the wrong city.
I'm with you. Plenty of Canes fans around me of course and most of them thought it was awesome, but I found it hard to watch.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. Plenty of Canes fans around me of course and most of them thought it was awesome, but I found it hard to watch.
I could get much more comfortable with it if the Avs played the Canes with both wearing them. Like a home and home with both teams getting each a home and away jersey.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could get much more comfortable with it if the Avs played the Canes with both wearing them. Like a home and home with both teams getting each a home and away jersey.
The Canes doing it actually bothers me a bit more, so I'd probably say fuck them.

The Nords were sold with the express intent from the new owners to move the team. As much as it sucked for the fans there wasn't - at least as far as I remember - a bunch of lies to the fans before pulling the rug out from under them.

Karmanos made various promises, then changed his requirements in order to keep those promises, then employed a bunch of under-handed tactics to make it harder to meet those requirements.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Canes doing it actually bothers me a bit more, so I'd probably say fuck them.

The Nords were sold with the express intent from the new owners to move the team. As much as it sucked for the fans there wasn't - at least as far as I remember - a bunch of lies to the fans before pulling the rug out from under them.

Karmanos made various promises, then changed his requirements in order to keep those promises, then employed a bunch of under-handed tactics to make it harder to meet those requirements.
Yeah, the big villain in the Nords move was Marcel Aubut who sold the team despite never losing a penny owning them because he was worried about losing money in the future.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the big villain in the Nords move was Marcel Aubut who sold the team despite never losing a penny owning them because he was worried about losing money in the future.
He was such a dumbass that Lindros refused to play for him.

Ironically, that is what turned them into a powerhouse.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was such a dumbass that Lindros refused to play for him.

Ironically, that is what turned them into a powerhouse.
I think the main question is whether Aubut could have kept them profitable and made them competitive after the Lindros deal given the difficult climate the (not Toronto or Montreal) Canadian teams were facing at the time. I doubt they could have sustained long enough to make it to the cap years given how many big salaries the Avs ended up having to pay.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now on his 4th KHL team in 6 months.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrik Stefan or Nail Yakupov as bigger bust. Who y'all got?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember about 8-10 years ago when there were several articles written about how the KHL was going to be a big threat to the NHL?!?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Stefan was surrounded by the same kind of quality players that Yak was, so I'll take the enigmatic Russian.

The Oilers had quality players?

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.