• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to be a fa fine go be a fa......but dont tell your fans you want to resign and then expect flowers when you dont

I don't think that he was "expecting flowers". If a bunch of people had simply not gotten him flowers I wouldn't be saying that they were acting like a bunch of babies. But honestly I don't know how a baby would order flowers for someone anyway. It probably involves Momo somehow :wink:

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something called "reading the room"

You don't play that video.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that he was "expecting flowers". If a bunch of people had simply not gotten him flowers I wouldn't be saying that they were acting like a bunch of babies. But honestly I don't know how a baby would order flowers for someone anyway. It probably involves Momo somehow :wink:
not an isles fan but they got legitimate beef here....plus its ny they take everything to the next level wether it needs it or not

tavares says he want to stay with the islanders - Google Search

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not an isles fan but they got legitimate beef here....plus its ny they take everything to the next level wether it needs it or not

tavares says he want to stay with the islanders - Google Search

He's a liar! Nobody changes their mind about serious, life-changing things. I would also add that while they aren't all like this the first link that comes up there is from almost 3 years ago.

As far as it being a "legitimate beef" goes I've got no problem with them booing generally (although I still think it's a little childish). But even if I were the booing type I'd turn it off for 2 minutes for the tribute.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not telling anyone how to feel, but what a bunch of fucking babies.
I think they can act however they want to act but the fact that the biggest hockey event to happen for Isles fans in, what, 35 years?, was the opportunity to vociferously boo (and in some incredibly stupid cases, throw shit at) a player who the team mishandled and never surrounded with talent commensurate with his own who wanted to play for his hometown team.

That is almost exactly the reason a player of his calibre might decide getting the hell out of there is probably worth it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the whole JT return thing is a nothingburger.

/Although it will be amusing to see the reaction in November 2024 when the Arizona Coyotes led by their captain, Auston Matthews, visits the Leafs.
Man, Cujo left us when we were contenders to join the fucking Red Wings and while it upset fans I don't remember him ever getting anything near the attention JT got. We just signed Belfour and moved on with our lives and were good for the next 15 years*.

* - Parts of this statement may have been exaggerated.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this sounds kind of weird, but I wonder if they'd be as upset if they were not doing as well this year?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this sounds kind of weird, but I wonder if they'd be as upset if they were not doing as well this year?

I think I know where you're going with this - The Isles finally look to have gotten that act together and now have one of the best coaches in the league in Trotz and that's when the best offensive player decides to leave?!? I really think JT wanted to play for the team he grew up cheering for and there's nothing wrong with that, f he didn't make this decision when he did, it probably wasn't going to happen ever.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know where you're going with this - The Isles finally look to have gotten that act together and now have one of the best coaches in the league in Trotz and that's when the best offensive player decides to leave?!? I really think JT wanted to play for the team he grew up cheering for and there's nothing wrong with that, f he didn't make this decision when he did, it probably wasn't going to happen ever.
It's easier to watch your star player leave when you're not good. You can rationalize it with "he just wants to win. I don't blame him." Now, who knew the Islanders were going to be this good? But still.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JT has every right to control his own destiny and play where he wants. And The people on Long Island need to deal with the fact that his decision was not them. Sure, he scorned them. But they are fine. It's kind of like when I lived in Baltimore and even when the Ravens were winning a superbowl, people still shit on the Colts. It's over. Get over it. I am happily married and do not spend any effort on thinking about Sherri who I dated in 9th grade. Because I am a grown up.

All that said, I would probably take at least one chance to tell JT to fuck off because of his "who might I sign with today?" tour. That makes him a douche in my eyes. Same with LeBron. Douches of a feather.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes him a douche in my eyes. Same with LeBron. Douches of a feather.
I mean, Lebron went on national television and dragged his "decision" out for half an hour.

JT signed with the Leafs, like, 15 minutes after noon on July 1 by tweeting his childhood bedsheets lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the whole JT return thing is a nothingburger.

/Although it will be amusing to see the reaction in November 2024 when the Arizona Coyotes led by their captain, Auston Matthews, visits the Leafs.

Im sure matt barzal was taking notes for what it may look like when he returns to long island after he comes home to play for the canucks :thumb:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not going to end well,.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in Raleigh...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Evander had a better day than his son did
Looked faster than his son.

Seriously didn't even have one issue walking out on the ice and then "throwing" that punch.

Side note I hate Don Cherry even more because he basically gave the Canes motivation and will probably hurt the Penguins playoff changes and possibly the Jackets.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one needs motivation to hurt the Penguins chances...the Pens are doing that all on their own.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Cherry think of Vegas and their display?? This is just fun

Status
Not open for further replies.