• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've cashed in last summer. Crazy.

/Toronto should definitely claim him and then play him against Washington tomorrow.

He was a holy terror against us last year. I was sure he'd get more than 1x1m after the cup. But I guess he figured they'd repeat and wanted to stay there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a holy terror against us last year. I was sure he'd get more than 1x1m after the cup. But I guess he figured they'd repeat and wanted to stay there.

That little of a contract left and an UFA at seasons end. He will get picked up pretty quickly and not sure he will get past the playoff bubble teams.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've cashed in last summer. Crazy.

/Toronto should definitely claim him and then play him against Washington tomorrow.

That little of a contract left and an UFA at seasons end. He will get picked up pretty quickly and not sure he will get past the playoff bubble teams.

I said after last year's playoffs that Smith-Pelly had a career peark for about a 15-20 game stretch there. I doubt he ever does it again. I remember Ritari and I saying he was the player that should sit when there were 7-8 guys vying for those bottom 6 forward spots when the playoffs began.

He had some timely goals in last year's run, but he came in to camp in terrible shape this year and I'm just not sure he's ever caught up. If GMs saw something more in him, he would have gotten an offer for more than $1 million and he wouldn't be already done with his 4th franchise at age 26.

Grateful for what he did. Not surprised to see him waived though. He's been almost invisible this year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said after last year's playoffs that Smith-Pelly had a career peark for about a 15-20 game stretch there. I doubt he ever does it again. I remember Ritari and I saying he was the player that should sit when there were 7-8 guys vying for those bottom 6 forward spots when the playoffs began.

He had some timely goals in last year's run, but he came in to camp in terrible shape this year and I'm just not sure he's ever caught up. If GMs saw something more in him, he would have gotten an offer for more than $1 million and he wouldn't be already done with his 4th franchise at age 26.

Grateful for what he did. Not surprised to see him waived though. He's been almost invisible this year.

Hence the reason someone will pick him up (Bolland effect?). I don't think he is much more than his current self but due to that playoff run a team that needs that experience will take a flier due to his low contract.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the reason someone will pick him up (Bolland effect?). I don't think he is much more than his current self but due to that playoff run a team that needs that experience will take a flier due to his low contract.

He's definitely a low-risk/high-upside pickup at the 3/4 pole. Some will think he has the "clutch gene." (aka - higher than average performance over a small sample size mistakenly translated to overvaluing players for abilities they don't have.)

I think Bolland Effect should be added to the SportsHoopla lexicon. That would be a Tampa Bay dildo quality addition.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely a low-risk/high-upside pickup at the 3/4 pole. Some will think he has the "clutch gene." (aka - higher than average performance over a small sample size mistakenly translated to overvaluing players for abilities they don't have.)

I think Bolland Effect should be added to the SportsHoopla lexicon. That would be a Tampa Bay dildo quality addition.
The 3/4 pole happened back in November. We are at the quarter pole. Haven't you bet on a horse race or two in your're time? Frankly, what does being Polish have to do with it anyways? Are you bias against them?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody including DSP clears waivers - Are you telling me that DSP isn't better than half of the Oilers forwards? That my friends is called tanking.

/Also, McWhoopingCough sounds like he won't be playing tonight.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody including DSP clears waivers - Are you telling me that DSP isn't better than half of the Oilers forwards? That my friends is called tanking.

/Also, McWhoopingCough sounds like he won't be playing tonight.

I guess all the GM's felt the same way about this seasons DSP as @elocomotive did.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Kucherov get a point tonight it'll be his 100th. What a season he's having.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Tom Wilson than John Tavares. #Underpaid

Hell of a game tonight from big 4-3.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Williams scored a goal with his face because of course he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.