• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you never want to see it, but incase you want to see another angle...

For the record, I wanted to see it :D

Karma is a bitch.

Should Reaves be disciplined? Yes. Not even his first cheap shot this week (see Edler, Alexander).

All I would like is consistency from the League. Wilson did the same thing to Brett Seney and it was not deemed worthy of review by the League. To be consistent, the League should do nothing to Reaves.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Fuck Wilson. Maybe this will get something through his thick fucking skull.

/And in case anyone was wondering a gander is a goose that's had the ole switcheroo pulled on it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a few Caps fans on Facebook screaming for Reaves' head. When I pointed out that they sound like Bruins fans defending Marchand when Wilson's the hitter and Penguins fans wanting super stiff penalties when Crosby gets hit now, they toned down a bit.

Maybe they blocked me.

Reactions: gob

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Darkstone42 Like most players in the NHL, Tommy should have had that helmet strapped properly and he wouldn't have gotten hurt. Looks like the head smacking the ice did the most damage to me.

Why is there not a single NHL team where the equipment managers haven't taken responsibility to make sure this happens?

I never found the helmet strap being tight to be particularly uncomfortable. I really don't understand why more players don't strap their helmets properly.

Just further evidence the players themselves can't be trusted to look out for their own safety when something as simple as a helmet strap can't be worn properly.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Darkstone42 Like most players in the NHL, Tommy should have had that helmet strapped properly and he wouldn't have gotten hurt. Looks like the head smacking the ice did the most damage to me.

Why is there not a single NHL team where the equipment managers haven't taken responsibility to make sure this happens?

I never found the helmet strap being tight to be particularly uncomfortable. I really don't understand why more players don't strap their helmets properly.

Just further evidence the players themselves can't be trusted to look out for their own safety when something as simple as a helmet strap can't be worn properly.

And the way some of them wear their visors tilted up so the top touches the helmet above their forehead. Makes it more a hat brim than eye protection. Completely defeats the purpose.

Most everyone I have ever played with that wears the strap loose says they do it to get it off faster for fights.

I am okay letting karma take care of it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a few Caps fans on Facebook screaming for Reaves' head. When I pointed out that they sound like Bruins fans defending Marchand when Wilson's the hitter and Penguins fans wanting super stiff penalties when Crosby gets hit now, they toned down a bit.

Maybe they blocked me.

I think the penalty and the lack of disciplinary action was right on.

It was worse than a typical interference and in the context of the game, Reaves was after Wilson all night. Good call by the refs. But the hit wasn't that bad and Wilson could have prevented the real damage by strapping on his lid. Good call by the league.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*digs out Caps fans talking points from last week*

"It was shoulder to shoulder, so clean hit. Head wasn't targeted"

"He should be prepared to be hit there, it's his fault for not being aware"

I agree with this entirely...

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the penalty and the lack of disciplinary action was right on.

It was worse than a typical interference and in the context of the game, Reaves was after Wilson all night. Good call by the refs. But the hit wasn't that bad and Wilson could have prevented the real damage by strapping on his lid. Good call by the league.
Crazy, caps fans are being unbiased yet again...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was shoulder to shoulder, so clean hit. Head wasn't targeted"

"He should be prepared to be hit there, it's his fault for not being aware"

"C'mon are we gonna take all hits out of the game?"

Agree as well, Duke. I can see hits for what they are and have varying opinions regardless of the players involved. Don't have an axe to grind every time one of these comes up...

I had a few Caps fans on Facebook screaming for Reaves' head...

*digs out Caps fans talking points from last week*

...unlike some who make weak posts about one particular fan base over and over and over.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hear from the coaches:

Not surprising. Hahaha.

Teammates of guy in trouble: "I don't get it. He's just out there trying to win hockey games and playin' hard."

Teammates of guy hurt: "Somebody has to do something about ________."

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point this needs to factor into contract negotiations here the way the income tax does in AZ/FL/TN/TX. JT was probably making $500 doing a shitty ad for Lou Boyer's Cadillac Olds of Hauppage before he came home.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, according to Forbes the Leafs are now worth the same amount Bell/Rogers bought all of MLSE for just 6 years ago.

Forbes: Leafs, Habs trail Rangers in value - TSN.ca

Along with them ranking the Raptors as being worth $1.4 billion back in February, and not to mention their real estate holdings, TFC and a pee wee football team, I'd say that's some pretty good business there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, according to Forbes the Leafs are now worth the same amount Bell/Rogers bought all of MLSE for just 6 years ago.

Forbes: Leafs, Habs trail Rangers in value - TSN.ca

Along with them ranking the Raptors as being worth $1.4 billion back in February, and not to mention their real estate holdings, TFC and a pee wee football team, I'd say that's some pretty good business there.

RemorsefulEmbellishedCanine-max-1mb.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The anthem singer in St. Louis tonight looked a little like Tony X, but he sang like Bleeding Gums Murphy.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now, but the sad sack Pacific Division is on pace to go 3-0 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.