• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man. This is his sixth suspension, that's not including all the close calls he didn't get suspended for. He's one of the best players on the planet, we're going to say it's an accident? This guy with superhuman hand eye coordination just suddenly lost control of one of his limbs?

Only to add, and from one angle, it looks like he propels himself elbow first at the NJD player.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marchand gets five.

last thing the Bruins need right now with McAvoy out. just stupid and I really hope Johansson will be alright. I hate to see anyone get rung up like that after the Savard hit a few years ago.
Likely out several weeks with an MCL injury...

noooo :(

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that Marchand suspension + the Mcavoy injury is a bit of bad timing for an excellent Bruins team. Let's see how the team responds to it.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that Marchand suspension + the Mcavoy injury is a bit of bad timing for an excellent Bruins team. Let's see how the team responds to it.

They could respond by doing the honorable thing and lose the next 7 or 8 (in regulation preferably). :nod:

/says the fan with no skin in that game :D

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me preface this my saying that I intensely dislike Marchand. I made a whole video about it and I hate that little douchebag. And I love Marcus Johansson - former Capital, great puckhandler, mucho respecto.

....But... am I the only one who thinks he shouldn't have been suspended for this? His eyes are on the rebound, he doesn't even look over at MoJo, and he's falling down when it happens. Maybe Marchand has just fooled me, but I think this was just more of a Steckel situation than a dirty shot.

I would have said no suspension. (Though I understand the 5-gamer given the history).

Anyone else agree this was unfortunate timing/happenstance than flying elbow drop?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this my saying that I intensely dislike Marchand. I made a whole video about it and I hate that little douchebag. And I love Marcus Johansson - former Capital, great puckhandler, mucho respecto.

....But... am I the only one who thinks he shouldn't have been suspended for this? His eyes are on the rebound, he doesn't even look over at MoJo, and he's falling down when it happens. Maybe Marchand has just fooled me, but I think this was just more of a Steckel situation than a dirty shot.

I would have said no suspension. (Though I understand the 5-gamer given the history).

Anyone else agree this was unfortunate timing/happenstance than flying elbow drop?

869ac522e1bb9d6c072dbbe527ed9821aa90f0c7aaccfde1b94fc05e74d5ff29.jpg

He chicken wings Johansson. Throws out his elbow to make the hit. He thought it would look like what you're describing. To me it didn't. At all. So...

jcuymmr1_14mvn52_11wohc1.png

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree with Kenny. Looked to me like an intentional launch of his body directed at Johansson. :noidea:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we hadn't been able to see it from multiple angles I might have agreed with you. There are some camera shots where he looks relatively innocent. But there is also one where you see him look right at Johansson and go out of his way to throw an elbow at his head.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man. This is his sixth suspension, that's not including all the close calls he didn't get suspended for. He's one of the best players on the planet, we're going to say it's an accident? This guy with superhuman hand eye coordination just suddenly lost control of one of his limbs?

Not a good look for the nose I agree but 5 games is enough.

Anyone else but Nose and it is probably not a suspension. No call from refs either. (I missed this game so I am only looking at box score)

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a hockey player on Comedy Central's The Daily Show last night. PK something...talking about some charity work and the All Star game. It would be neat if the Habs could get players like this....

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think we can all agree he is a fantastic player but a royal fucking ****.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think we can all agree he is a fantastic player but a royal fucking ****.
Not sure it's necessary, I think we all know this is about Marchand.....

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure Virtanen will ever see the ice again after that giveaway for the 2-0 Buffalo goal.
Fell for the ol' beaver-tap, hook line and sinker, at the far blueline as his linemates were changing.
Directly down the ice, directly to the back of the net.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some random observations on the standings at the All Star Break:

• The Metropolitan is one tight division. CB, PIT, PHI, NJD, NYR and NYI are within 2 points of each other.
    • 4 of them will make the playoffs.
    • Will this lead to a crazy trade deadline?
    • And the goal differential of the entire group is basically 0. Ranges from +2 to -8.
  • Arguably the 3 best teams in the East are all in the Atlantic, however.
  • Team with the biggest lead in their division? Without looking? Yes, its Vegas, baby!
  • WPG and TOR are the only 2 Canadian teams looking solid for playoff hockey. Calgary is in right now, but not a lock by any means.
  • CHI is last in their division. Not far off the playoffs, but a lotta teams to leapfrog
  • 9 teams (10 if you include CHI) are basically done and can plan their rebuild/retool strategy. Seems like more than in prior years

Status
Not open for further replies.