• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabres have lost 4 in a row by a combined score of 14-1, and have won only 1 out of the last 14.

So what do they do? Waive Moulson, who hasn't played in half the games this season. Sign Scott Wilson, who might be a slight improvement. Call up Evan Rodriges, who might some day develop into a bottom 6 forward.

Looks like more changes are in store after some more losses...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabres have lost 4 in a row by a combined score of 14-1, and have won only 1 out of the last 14.

So what do they do? Waive Moulson, who hasn't played in half the games this season. Sign Scott Wilson, who might be a slight improvement. Call up Evan Rodriges, who might some day develop into a bottom 6 forward.

You know it's bad when it's December and the Sabres have as many wins as the Bills.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need more good pros, guys that play the game the right way. I know this one guy, if you trade Eichel for him everyone on your team will grow 2 feet taller, all game long.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need more good pros, guys that play the game the right way. I know this one guy, if you trade Eichel for him everyone on your team will grow 2 feet taller, all game long.

I might be wrong but John Scott is UFA, no need to trade :nod:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that stick waggle all the way ... wow

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Wilson is triple rubbish.

Sigh...What'd he do now?

I saw he was in a fight. I saw the Sharks were upset about it. Is that the extent of it?

DaBoer said... “If someone were to grab Joe in the heat of the moment after the play because they thought a liberty was taken, then I’ve got no problem with that. But to go into the dressing room, think about it, come out in the first shift and do that premeditated crap is just garbage."

That statement by DaBoer is idiotic. If Wilson shouldn't have fought him because he thought the hit was clean, okay, I get that. But if anything, assessing whether something was dirty or not before retaliation makes more sense. I think too often guys immediately go after a hit that looks bad but was perfectly legal.

I'm all for getting rid of fighting entirely. Fighting is dumb and the idea that it "protects players" continues to be one of the biggest fallacies in all of sports.

But DaBoer would do poorly on the LSAT is all I'm sayin'.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zacha a healthy scratch again tonight and he's not happy about it. He looks pretty good when he's out there so he must be doing something behind the scenes to get in Hynes dog house. Reminds me of Larsson/Deboer. So who wants Pavel Zacha?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Wilson is triple rubbish.

He is an embarrassment to the number.

Zacha a healthy scratch again tonight and he's not happy about it. He looks pretty good when he's out there so he must be doing something behind the scenes to get in Hynes dog house. Reminds me of Larsson/Deboer. So who wants Pavel Zacha?

they can feel free to leave him behind when they head home tonight.

He can crash on my sofa until he finds a place of his own.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Troy Brouwer scored his first goal of the season last night, so he's either due to bust out or go another 30 games before getting another goal. Veteran leadership and he wears an 'A' on his jersey. Brouwer for Zacha?!?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson shouldn't have fought him because he thought the hit was clean, okay, I get that. But if anything, assessing whether something was dirty or not before retaliation makes more sense. I think too often guys immediately go after a hit that looks bad but was perfectly legal.

I guess Wilson decided the hit was dirty then? :noidea:

Personally, if retribution was necessary, I think Wilson was the wrong guy. Too large a class disparity. Orpik would have been a better choice IMO. Ovie would be acceptable also.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely a week after they traded another C. I wonder if there's some disconnect between coach/GM?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely a week after they traded another C. I wonder if there's some disconnect between coach/GM?
Centers are overrated. So are face offs except in the 3 on 3 gimmick. And so are advanced stats. And so was Martin Brodeur.

Once the Devils get rid of enough C's, the next logical progression is a line with three wingers and no C's. It's revolutionary if you ask me. How can a team possibly concoct a game plan against that?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Centers are overrated. So are face offs except in the 3 on 3 gimmick. And so are advanced stats. And so was Martin Brodeur.

Once the Devils get rid of enough C's, the next logical progression is a line with three wingers and no C's. It's revolutionary if you ask me. How can a team possibly concoct a game plan against that?
D-men should take face-offs, then once they win the puck there are 3 wingers to move the puck up the flanks. Who's catching up to that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.