• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The average Bryan Adams fan isn't as young or as cool as Abe I don't think.

On a related note, it always cracks me up how the timetable is forced to work on animated shows where no one ages. I mean, most of the people who went to high school when Homer and Marge supposedly did are almost senior citizens by now.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, most of the people who went to high school when Homer and Marge supposedly did are almost senior citizens by now.

Pretty soon I'll be able to order from the Denny's senior menu page :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thing with Florida is getting pretty interesting. Seems a lot of people associated with the Panthers are trying, through Harvey Fialkov, to shit on Dreger as he was the first to report this.

Bob McKenzie was on 1050 Toronto and said, quote, "All due respect to Harvey, or not, Harvey's full of crap." He went on later, "As far as what Darren Dreger reported yesterday, it was entirely accurate. After we report things, sometimes things change. But we don’t make stuff up. Pierre Lebrun doesn’t. Darren Dreger doesn’t. I don’t. Elliotte Friedman at Hockey Night in Canada doesn’t. It’s as simple as that."

The audio is available on TSN's website but here's the transcript: Bob McKenzie's rant on the Florida Panthers situation | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thing with Florida is getting pretty interesting. Seems a lot of people associated with the Panthers are trying, through Harvey Fialkov, to shit on Dreger as he was the first to report this.

Bob McKenzie was on 1050 Toronto and said, quote, "All due respect to Harvey, or not, Harvey's full of crap." He went on later, "As far as what Darren Dreger reported yesterday, it was entirely accurate. After we report things, sometimes things change. But we don’t make stuff up. Pierre Lebrun doesn’t. Darren Dreger doesn’t. I don’t. Elliotte Friedman at Hockey Night in Canada doesn’t. It’s as simple as that."

The audio is available on TSN's website but here's the transcript: Bob McKenzie's rant on the Florida Panthers situation | Maple Leafs Hotstove

theyre talking about it in the cesspool and you have to always question "local media" from struggling "newer" markets in the NHL (not to mention ... "newer" leagues ... ie MLS)

the local sports media has a vested interest to cheerlead and pump up the team in the publics eyes (sometimes by being the direct pseudo PR dept) ... if they can do that ... they will have that media job for a long time ... if the team goes bye bye, chances are that person isnt going to relocate with the team ... in markets like these, the person who questions the moves of the team or management in a critical fashion always gets related to personna non grata status

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad that Bob provided the list of those who don't, it's a much shorter list that way

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theyre talking about it in the cesspool and you have to always question "local media" from struggling "newer" markets in the NHL (not to mention ... "newer" leagues ... ie MLS)

the local sports media has a vested interest to cheerlead and pump up the team in the publics eyes (sometimes by being the direct pseudo PR dept) ... if they can do that ... they will have that media job for a long time ... if the team goes bye bye, chances are that person isnt going to relocate with the team ... in markets like these, the person who questions the moves of the team or management in a critical fashion always gets related to personna non grata status
Couldn't agree more. And honestly, with that being the case I don't really blame Fialkov given how scarce writing jobs are in the modern media.

But it's pretty apparent he's being used by the team apparatus to deflect criticism and at the same time pointing the barrel at a hockey news organisation that is pretty unparalleled in terms of their access and accuracy (yes, even if we are discussing Darren Dreger at the moment and even if he has shovelled his fair share of horse shit for certain regimes over the years). In that regard, I don't really blame Bob for firing back as harshly as he has.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole Florida situation is interesting for sure. I thought I read somewhere today Dale Tallon's taking on another role with the team. I've always liked the team but they look they may be 1 of the worst run teams right now.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole Florida situation is interesting for sure. I thought I read somewhere today Dale Tallon's taking on another role with the team. I've always liked the team but they look they may be 1 of the worst run teams right now.

benningsurprise1.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^
on that note ... now that Tallon is "back" in charge ... i could see a Gubberson for McCann trade :ohwell:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was wondering the other day what ever happened to Tyler Dellow? is he still on twitter? (he may have blocked me lol) or did he have some sort of non disclosure after being fired with the Coil

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was wondering the other day what ever happened to Tyler Dellow? is he still on twitter? (he may have blocked me lol) or did he have some sort of non disclosure after being fired with the Coil
He showed up in Elliotte's 30 a few weeks ago. Crunched some numbers for him I guess that showed that Columbus' top PP unit is good.

Crack work there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm going to say regarding Dreger is that he's pretty quick to get stuff out there without verifying if it is indeed true. Whether or not that falls into the category of "making stuff up" is likely up to personal interpretation.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ow Fuck! OW FUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.