• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Ottawa fan I hope our defense is good for yrs. to come. got to think Methot may be lost to the expansion draft though.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Yutaka Fukufuji still available for the Kings?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
SO when they bring up a goalie from Ontario, that leaves the farm a little light.

better sell the farm for Miller just to be sure,

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish the NHL would fuck right off with the NHL network. No one gets that channel and the games get blacked out with the NHL.tv packages. How the fuck are games on a league owned fucking network blacked out on a league owned subscription service? Cock suckers.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general I'd agree with this in recent years. But it isn't just about developing. Their scouting is lacking on the back end compared to up front. The late round gems at forward (Stone, Hoffman, Pageau, etc. and now maybe Dzingel) haven't materialized on the blueline.

Some notes about development though. Some of those players just aren't very good. Cowen's career was derailed by injury not necessarily development. I'm not convinced he ever had an NHL mind (doesn't make quick enough decisions). But he's younger than Wiercioch and he's likely to be out of the league when his contract expires.

Rundblad was under Sens development for a grand total of 25 games before being shipped out for Kyle Turris. Phoenix and Chicago had not much better luck developing this guy; his game just never translated to North America. He's from that draft class too and is out of the league.

Methot has been terrific when he's healthy.

Leaves Weirdcock and Ceci, who I think will be fine. Wiercioch is a strange one though. I thought he was going to be a really good second pair guy when he first arrived on the scene. He never got any better. Who knows if it's the club or the player. :noidea: He's now the number 6 guy on a weak Colorado blueline (on paper).

I think in the past 5-8 years they've scouted D poorly and may not have developed them that well. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the latest group. Chabot should be close to a blue chip prospect. Englund is likely an NHL player and MAYBE a 2nd pairing guy. And my darkhorse to be a real player in 2-3 years is Christian Jaros. He's got a nice tool set. Max Lajoie is a guy that I could see having a decent NHL career too.

I'm curious to see how these guys progress.
Yeah, def could be a scouting thing but either way it's a pretty low return on that many high-round defensive picks and prospects.

I think a healthy Methot is a good second pair guy. I just think Karlsson could use a more offensive partner. Shouldn't have grouped him with those players perhaps.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched any Sens games save the opener but I saw some tweets last night saying the Ceci-Phaneuf thing might not be working so well lol.

Maybe Dion's not the problem :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most reports about the negotiations had them somewhere between $200-400k per year apart.

Is it really worth losing one of the best young defencemen in the league over that small a gap in salary? Did they not consider this shit before giving Ryan Kesler the keys to Scrooge McDuck's vault and telling him to dive right in?

And then we'll have a lockout in 3 years because teams like the Ducks are treading water.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Canucks - Ducks game is all kinds of nasty.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some great stuff comes from that ref cam.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping that results in a lineup shuffle that moves Connor Brown to the third line while Smith takes RW on the 4th. He's being wasted with Holland and Martin.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Ryan Miller wants to GIVE Ray Ferraro leprosy

“They started using my photo because Ray Ferraro started saying my name to correlate with pants and he doesn’t know what he’s talking about,” Miller said. “Ray’s never been in the locker room. He’s never seen me in person. I’ve never spoken to him. He’s going off of being a fan, fanboy so if he wants to come in the locker room and have a chat, I’m here every day. We have an open locker room and he can walk in and have a discussion, but he seems to just want to take shots from the outside about something he doesn’t know anything about other than visual.”

Ryan Miller slams goaltending equipment criticism: 'I’m inside the rules'

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“They started using my photo because Ray Ferraro started saying my name to correlate with pants and he doesn’t know what he’s talking about,” Miller said. “Ray’s never been in the locker room. He’s never seen me in person. I’ve never spoken to him. He’s going off of being a fan, fanboy so if he wants to come in the locker room and have a chat, I’m here every day. We have an open locker room and he can walk in and have a discussion, but he seems to just want to take shots from the outside about something he doesn’t know anything about other than visual.”

Something tells me Ray and Ryan won't be exchanging Xmas cards this holiday season.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wow The Miller got real sensitive since he started sucking

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oilers are 5 and 1. Mcdavid's got the league lead in points. Some exciting times right now in oil country.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oilers are 5 and 1. Mcdavid's got the league lead in points. Some exciting times right now in oil country.

All my Oilers friends are loving life right now. They will hopefully be back in their caves/holes/mom's basement's by US Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.