• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup

Competitor should be up by the training camp or sooner?
That info can't be proprietary.

puckpedia has a lot of the same info. All they need to do is hire one of the guys from CF who made it usable to the average fan and they are the new source. I'd kick in to a gofundme for them to get infrastructure or AWS licenses.

Fuck the Caps for being such whiny little bitches. It's an API, any team with even one guy doing big data should be ingesting this info from the league already. It would be surprising to me to learn that teams' analytics depts are heavily relying on it. I can see value in it as a reference or to double check some numbers. It has to be more valuable to fans, and there's no point to take away something fans want unless you just want to be a cvnt.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, are they shutting down the NBA version that the Cap Friendly people set up too?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
puckpedia has a lot of the same info. All they need to do is hire one of the guys from CF who made it usable to the average fan and they are the new source. I'd kick in to a gofundme for them to get infrastructure or AWS licenses.

Fuck the Caps for being such whiny little bitches. It's an API, any team with even one guy doing big data should be ingesting this info from the league already. It would be surprising to me to learn that teams' analytics depts are heavily relying on it. I can see value in it as a reference or to double check some numbers. It has to be more valuable to fans, and there's no point to take away something fans want unless you just want to be a cvnt.
There was another go to before capfriendly that had the same fate and I can’t even remember the name of that site now.

This happens every few years. There’s a void to be filled, it will be filled. Just annoying.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
There was another go to before capfriendly that had the same fate and I can’t even remember the name of that site now.

This happens every few years. There’s a void to be filled, it will be filled. Just annoying.
CapGeek was the first one I recall that was the go-to site.
the founder passed away in his mid-30s.... fuck cancer.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CapGeek was the first one I recall that was the go-to site.
the founder passed away in his mid-30s.... fuck cancer.
Yep that was it.

Hockeyscap.com was merged with CapFriendly and GeneralFanager.com went away when the owner was hired by the Golden Knights.

Hockeyreference.com only shows salaries of the current year/roster and misses on all the other information.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockeyreference.com only shows salaries of the current year/roster and misses on all the other information.
It would be great if Hockeyreference could add all the info as well. Put it on more than one site so it costs the Caps' Qatari overlords a lot to kill all the joy in fans' lives.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lindy, but buyer beware...Maybe he re-captures some magic with Johnny Hockey :noidea:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lindy, but buyer beware...Maybe he re-captures some magic with Johnny Hockey :noidea:

7 year deal on a 29 year old player.... ugh.... both him and Miller would be paid big $$ into their mid/late 30s on a west coast team.....

kinda hope its true

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I think he could recapture some of that magic between Johnny and with Patrik, those terms/number are giving me pause. I would have thought he'd be between 7.5 and 8.5. Anything above that and I'm not so sure.

Maybe Necas isn't such a crazy idea. Or give Duchene another shot for 2 years.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I would first need to understand completely why he was terrible in the regular season.
Playoffs were good most of the time, but I'm not signing up for 7 years if I don't know which Lindholm I'm getting.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed Matty Beniers is RFA.

And Waddell is not afraid to throw an offer sheet out.