• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got to check out these skates in person tonight at our summer skate. He's been invited back for the caps rookie camp.

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More reasons to hate the Capitals. I now hope Ovechkin ends up one goal short of the record and is forced to retire.
Also they need to forfeit their cup.
As if we needed any more.

Gooood… goooooooooooooooooooood…

emperor-palpatine-star-wars-cackle-laughing-89it1bsiyhacjl9i.gif

;)

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, (1) I'm pretty unclear on how much this purchase really helps the Caps (do they not have Microsoft Excel?) and (2) don't understand why the NHL doesn't provide this information anyway. Salaries are always announced in media releases and in the cap era, players' salaries are as important as their performance statistics. So there is no reason at this point for it not to be available data for the fans and there is no longer any mystery with the players. They know what their co-workers make, and the data should be easily available, not dependent on independent sites as it has been for a decade now.

Saying I don't understand is probably inaccurate. The information is not available because of the non-transparent/elitist attitude the NHL has built with lousy organizational culture and an out-of-touch leader. So I guess I should say it's sad the NHL doesn't provide this. The reason behind it is really the same as a number of things that many of us are disappointed with.

The same information is available on Puck Pedia for the fans. After looking at it for a bit, their interface and trade/FA tracking actually seems a little better than CapFriendly.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, (1) I'm pretty unclear on how much this purchase really helps the Caps (do they not have Microsoft Excel?) and (2) don't understand why the NHL doesn't provide this information anyway. Salaries are always announced in media releases and in the cap era, players' salaries are as important as their performance statistics. So there is no reason at this point for it not to be available data for the fans and there is no longer any mystery with the players. They know what their co-workers make, and the data should be easily available, not dependent on independent sites as it has been for a decade now.

Saying I don't understand is probably inaccurate. The information is not available because of the non-transparent/elitist attitude the NHL has built with lousy organizational culture and an out-of-touch leader. So I guess I should say it's sad the NHL doesn't provide this. The reason behind it is really the same as a number of things that many of us are disappointed with.

The same information is available on Puck Pedia for the fans. After looking at it for a bit, their interface and trade/FA tracking actually seems a little better than CapFriendly.
Not sure the data will really help the Capitals as it has been proven over and over. If you have the ability you can create a site that does this.
IE....
Capgeek
Capfriendly
PuckPedia

HockeyReference does other data very well, and so does Hockeydb. Really wish both those sites did more around salary and salary cap.

I honestly think they purchased it for the Name?

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think they purchased it for the Name?

Lol. I was joking about that this morning. Some assistant manager of marketing made an overexcited pitch about how both organizations start with the same three letters.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More reasons to hate the Capitals. I now hope Ovechkin ends up one goal short of the record and is forced to retire.
Also they need to forfeit their cup.

Now that it is owned by the Washington franchise shouldn't Capfriendly now, and forever, be known as Crapfriendly? :D

#Crapitals

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Lol. I was joking about that this morning. Some assistant manager of marketing made an overexcited pitch about how both organizations start with the same three letters.
Meeting:

OK guys, I have been looking online, and it seems everyone hates us. What can we do to make the Caps seem more friendly?

Sir, I have a cunning plan...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From all the previous cap site purchases it seemed it was more about the staff they were bringing in.

How much any of those teams have been helped by those purchases is debatable. For example, the Knights bought General Fanager and manage to be absolutely hated by everybody for skirting cap rules consistently and have a Cup to show for it. The Leafs bought Extra Skater and they signed John Klingberg for $4 million a year ago and now have 40 year old Chris Tanev on the books for like 12 years.