• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Knowlton Nash.

Next time I see a "I'm tired of living through "historic times" every day" post on social media I might just link to that video of like 4 world changing events happening in one day (plus a mail strike). God damn lol

This snip from Nash's wikipedia really highlights just how reliable and neutral these guys used to be:

On October 15, 1970, during the October Crisis, Secretary of State Gérard Pelletier convinced CBC President George Davidson that the situation in Quebec threatened to grow into a widespread insurrection that would threaten the Canadian state, and that CBC reporting should not "inflame" the situation. Davidson asked Nash to ensure that CBC News would not indulge in "speculative discussions" about the crisis — in effect, self-censoring any political commentary. Nash immediately sent out a Telex to CBC staff to that effect. Two hours later, after some introspection, Nash realized that he was agreeing to government interference in the CBC's reportage, and modified his Telex to instead call for "responsible journalistic professionalism".[22] Nash was candidly self-critical about his role in allowing the two hours of self-censorship, and later wrote, "I certainly was not skeptical enough about what Pelletier had said to Davidson and let my nationalism override my journalistic values. There are times when that is necessary, but this wasn't one of them and I was wrong."

Compare that to today:

b6a27-barton-trudeau-selfie.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAF is a old man and decided for early retirement in Sunrise :D

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol first two periods of the Habs - Bruins was fun

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the Kings Rangers game last night at the Crypt and I didn't even notice if PLD was on the ice? Did he play? If so, he's gotta be the most invisible player I've ever seen. That contract is a rough one. Other than that, the Kings crap trap and play a boring brand of hockey and the Rangers were a no show for the first half of the game. The NHL is just boring these days.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have been watching Canucks Leafs on your phone while you were there.
High event hockey.
Maybe it was just the two coaches playing a boring crap chess match but if it wasn’t I warn you against watching a a Kings game if this is the system they play.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was just the two coaches playing a boring crap chess match but if it wasn’t I warn you against watching a a Kings game if this is the system they play.

Wild Pans was a doozy Friday too …5 pp goals by the Wild. Lockwood runs Fleury. You refusing to watch Wild games until they acquire 50 goal man Brock Boeser?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild Pans was a doozy Friday too …5 pp goals by the Wild. Lockwood runs Fleury. You refusing to watch Wild games until they acquire 50 goal man Brock Boeser?

Lockwood received a three game suspension for running Fleury who was injured as a result of that collision.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How’s he gonna get 50 when he doesn’t shoot the puck enough? He needs to get more selfish.

And for watching. The Wild, I’d rather watch Leah Heztall call an ECHL game than watch one of their games.