• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what? I haven't been completely paying attention but Pinto got a 41 game suspension for gambling on another sport? NHL players aren't allowed to bet on NFL etc games?

Correct.

However they are allowed to bash other players in the skull with shoulder pads and elbows pads which are equivalent to sledge hammers and get suspended for 2 games but only if they are a repeat offender.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what? I haven't been completely paying attention but Pinto got a 41 game suspension for gambling on another sport? NHL players aren't allowed to bet on NFL etc games?
There are reports coming out now (Seravelli, mainly) that state a betting vendor reported him to the NHL as having passed inside info to other gamblers, and that he may have never placed any bets themselves.

So he caused an NHL betting partner big losses and got reported?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are reports coming out now (Seravelli, mainly) that state a betting vendor reported him to the NHL as having passed inside info to other gamblers, and that he may have never placed any bets themselves.

So he caused an NHL betting partner big losses and got reported?
I hope it turns out he was passing info to a proxy with connections to the Bettman. Not only would it be hilarious, the name Bettman is good for funny headlines.

/Bettman doubles down on Pinto suspension

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oz031nzjalwb1.jpg

wquammzjalwb1.jpg

A betting "influencer" just posted this.

1) What a shitty timeline we live in that "betting influencer" is a thing

2) Invite Pigs into your home, don't be surprised when your house begins to smell like Pig. You align with betting it was only a matter of time before someone grabbed onto people to get inside info.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oz031nzjalwb1.jpg

wquammzjalwb1.jpg

A betting "influencer" just posted this.

1) What a shitty timeline we live in that "betting influencer" is a thing

2) Invite Pigs into your home, don't be surprised when your house begins to smell like Pig. You align with betting it was only a matter of time before someone grabbed onto people to get inside info.
Is this not some sort of crime if it were actually true?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think.

You would also think that there are many more players involved across all sports.

At the lower levels of professional tennis, match fixing happens quite frequently. The main reason is because winning an ITF tourney doesn't even cover your travel expenses. I'm not saying it's right, but it happens. Pinto is making over 1 shmill per year though, it's not as if he's strapped for cash.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC suspended players count against the cap, and if he isn't under contract how do you count games missed? What happens if Ottawa trades him, does the suspension toll against Sens games played or the new team's games played?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be a tough day for @dash

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the lower levels of professional tennis, match fixing happens quite frequently. The main reason is because winning an ITF tourney doesn't even cover your travel expenses. I'm not saying it's right, but it happens. Pinto is making over 1 shmill per year though, it's not as if he's strapped for cash.
one of my long held beliefs (conspiracy theory I guess :noidea: ) is that CFL players bet on their games. League minimum salary is 65K Canadian. Probably also easier for them to get away with it because I dont think there is the same level of betting activity monitoring for the cdn provincial lottery corps run by government that there is with the syndicates. :noidea:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.

However they are allowed to bash other players in the skull with shoulder pads and elbows pads which are equivalent to sledge hammers and get suspended for 2 games but only if they are a repeat offender.
Kind of crazy. Obviously any betting on hockey or exchanging inside information should be way off-limit; but if they are penalized for wagering on other sports by legal means that's crazy. How is the NHLPA ok with that?

And I'd be fine with a full NHL no gambling policy too, so long as the league and teams did not accept ad revenue from gambling companies.