• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a freebie for Gary (not that he reads this board). The NHL needs to bring in a challenge system much like other sports have to review obvious missed calls by officials. A coach gets to throw a challenge flag once per game for the officials to review and deem whether or not they missed a penalty and if they did, penalize the offending player.

Exhibit A was last night in the Rangers vs. Flames game - Jimmy Vesey nailed Adam Ruzicka from behind right in the numbers into the boards. It was a clear boarding penalty and in my mind, worthy of 5 and a game. Of course, no penalty was called.

You wonder why fans are tuning out the NHL and get frustrated watching officials miss clear fouls committed on the ice? Having a challenge sytem would certainly help alleviate some of the fan disgruntlement.
Sounds good except change challenge flag to challenge bench.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good except change challenge flag to challenge bench.

Do you mean like Robbie Ftorek and throw part of the bench on the ice?

ftorek-bench.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple more suggestions:
  1. No icing permitted while shorthanded - If you ice the puck while killing a penalty, play is whistled dead and the puck comes right back to the defensive zone of the shorthanded team.
  2. You serve the entire two minutes of a minor penalty - Self-explanatory, a team scoring a PP goal does not allow the player in the box to return to action, he sits there for the entire two minutes and the team on the PP can score as many goals as they like before the penalty time is elapsed (the only downside with this rule change is that the Oilers might actually win the Cup)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, instead of being afraid of MLB and NFL, why not take them on? Or if you think people prefer viewing other sports to the NHL, how about trying to fix your product? I guess that would mean actually doing some work though, right Gary?
The only league I might (might not too) try to schedule around would be the NFL. The rest, even playoffs, I would go right up against. MLB and NBA ratings are not so scary good the league needs to worry about them. Defeatist mentality.

Do they think that MLB worries about going up against the NHL playoffs in the spring?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple more suggestions:
  1. No icing permitted while shorthanded - If you ice the puck while killing a penalty, play is whistled dead and the puck comes right back to the defensive zone of the shorthanded team.
  2. You serve the entire two minutes of a minor penalty - Self-explanatory, a team scoring a PP goal does not allow the player in the box to return to action, he sits there for the entire two minutes and the team on the PP can score as many goals as they like before the penalty time is elapsed (the only downside with this rule change is that the Oilers might actually win the Cup)
Let’s add puck roulette. After a random number of shots taken the puck explodes. :D