• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One Game in a 24-Day Span

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From October 23rd to November 15th, the hawks' only game is a against QB-challenged Cowboy team.

A nice long break for Lynch and Wagner to finish healing up and for Lane and Richardson put the finishing touches on their rehabs. It would be a bonus if they jumped out to a big early lead on the Cowboys to allow Lynch and Wagner sit out most of the second half.

And after the bye they get three consecutive home games. I guess if there is anything positive to look forward to, this would be it. If they capitalize on the lengthy time off in the middle of the season, they could make a strong second-half run.

All of their remaining games are reasonably winnable with the lone exception being the 16th game in Arizona. If Carson Palmer is still healthy by then, that could be a real dogfight. If they had the same hunger that they had in 2013, I think they'd run the table with the remaining schedule. But I'm not sure they have that same hunger. I'm not sure they will ever have it again.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the table is set fairly favorably. Of course, it really only matters if we play at a reasonably high level and don't suffer lapses like vs Bengals and Panthers. Let's snap off these 4 Ws and then see what things look like. That would get us to 7-4 with at least 3 losses for the Cardinals and 1 more to play against us.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the table is set fairly favorably. Of course, it really only matters if we play at a reasonably high level and don't suffer lapses like vs Bengals and Panthers. Let's snap off these 4 Ws and then see what things look like. That would get us to 7-4 with at least 3 losses for the Cardinals and 1 more to play against us.
I'm all for it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From October 23rd to November 15th, the hawks' only game is a against QB-challenged Cowboy team.

A nice long break for Lynch and Wagner to finish healing up and for Lane and Richardson put the finishing touches on their rehabs. It would be a bonus if they jumped out to a big early lead on the Cowboys to allow Lynch and Wagner sit out most of the second half.

And after the bye they get three consecutive home games. I guess if there is anything positive to look forward to, this would be it. If they capitalize on the lengthy time off in the middle of the season, they could make a strong second-half run.

All of their remaining games are reasonably winnable with the lone exception being the 16th game in Arizona. If Carson Palmer is still healthy by then, that could be a real dogfight. If they had the same hunger that they had in 2013, I think they'd run the table with the remaining schedule. But I'm not sure they have that same hunger. I'm not sure they will ever have it again.

I thought they played with more "hunger" down the stretch last year than in 2013.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I can't wait for Lane to return.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they played with more "hunger" down the stretch last year than in 2013.
Very subjective and impossible to measure. You play well, and I guess you're hungry. If you don't, then cue the Righteous Brothers.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget, 5 of the last 8 games are home games. To have 5 of 8 away games to open the first half of the season (with the toughies on the road, Cincy, GB and Dallas was supposed to be hard but no Romo now) is brutal.