• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On going GM search thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Mariota is doomed

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Gase gets a HC job and hires his boy JBC away to be his OC??? Losing JBC and Austin would cripple us.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions GM search update: White to interview Friday

If White is not announced as the new full time GM by Monday, my guess is they're holding out for the guy from Houston. If the Texans win, we may get White officially sworn in Monday.

Had time to ponder this move today driving south.

I spoke of wanting stability. As I feel that creates winning. Said the other day I really didn't want Harbaugh cause he bounced around. It's awesome what he did with San Fran, truly it is. Look at them now. We as Lions fans want to win so bad we'd accept a three year run. Fuck that!! Give me a guy who is in Detroit for ten years and you will see winning. Pat's and Packers and Seahwaks<< early still but PC ain't going anywhere for years.

That's stability and that's winning. So if promoting White keeps Caldwell I'm fine with that. Pay JBC and Austin more if that's what it takes to keep this going another year. Caldwell has a better record than many the all time greats in their first two years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to above. Bring in Coughlin or any other guy you want and then it's a new system. The cycle has a chance to stop. Otherwise changing to their style players sets you back. Give it a chance is IMO.

When Chuck Knoll sucked early if everybody had the same mindset as here. The Steelers never win those titles. They would have been changing systems and players constantly. Same as Billicheat. People here always want to compare to the "legends" or past winners. Well they were
allotted time to win with below .500 records.... 18-14 is winning, so why change again.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Gase gets a HC job and hires his boy JBC away to be his OC??? Losing JBC and Austin would cripple us.

If we lose those 2 but keep Caldwell I am going to be pissed.

I am surprised at all the Caldwell love when most here have been blasting him even during the winning year. You guys must be weekend golf hacks. Dont break 100 but are pumped because they made par and birdie the last 2 holes.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am surprised at all the Caldwell love when most here have been blasting him even during the winning year. You guys must be weekend golf hacks. Dont break 100 but are pumped because they made par and birdie the last 2 holes.

Golf is for old men.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If being shitty at golf was a skill I would go pro

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I only play putt putt golf so I deleted that part

I want Caldwell retained to get stability but I want him retained along with Cooter and Austin if those two arent retained i'm not that high on Caldwell i've blasted him being conservative. I do give him praise for bringing in his staff one which sucked and 2 that we are coveting right now.

I like what this regime has done I'm not for White getting hired either but if that's what it takes to keep the continuity in place, and I'm all for it

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tiger woods games had been getting real good before he got caught cheating and therefore became less marketable so the game was canceled.
I touched on this in our Golf Mock...

D'You think it was the cheating en sech? Or was it more of the douchey way of lying and covering up who he really is that did him in from a marketing/advertising angle?

I think it was his quest to keep up appearances to the Buick crowd (a fine automobile) that did him in.

Manning is a juicer, but he's still e'rywhere. (I'm not buying Papa Johns though, cuz the crust is gross and who wants a jalapeño in the box?)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I touched on this in our Golf Mock...

D'You think it was the cheating en sech? Or was it more of the douchey way of lying and covering up who he really is that did him in from a marketing/advertising angle?

I think it was his quest to keep up appearances to the Buick crowd (a fine automobile) that did him in.

I think it was a combination of the public nature of the issue at the same time that his game went into rapid decline. It was a perfect storm of endorsement loss

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Micheal Rothstein tweeted five minutes later that the Lions have nothing to report at this time on the GM search.

We'll see who has the inside scoop on this one.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only Thursday and he's no longer in the building either. Not sure how BQ fares as a GM? I do however already love the fact he got rid of the old good ole boy "Ford" society.

Seems he's creating a new one, hope it's more productive than the last one
Pleasantly surprised by the turnover.

Aside from this Jim(and his crew), who I am glad is still employed, it's the beginning of a new era.

Is Sheldon White still with the organization in some capacity?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have fired Sheldon White.

In related news, the Home Depot has received Sheldon White's resume.