• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On going GM search thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will prob lose Austin but hopefully keep the Cooter if it goes down like this

Is his interview before or after Shannys? Shanny goes first and I'd say yes, other way and he may be a Rooney guy yet again. Although I feel he's proved his worth this season definitely as a DC. He will always have a fall back for years if the HC gigs don't work out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is his interview before or after Shannys? Shanny goes first and I'd say yes, other way and he may be a Rooney guy yet again. Although I feel he's proved his worth this season definitely as a DC. He will always have a fall back for years if the HC gigs don't work out.

Browns will snag Austin if no one else does. Last year they desperately hired Pettine (sp) when no one wanted that job. Can't see Austin turning it down.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was accepting Caldwell being back after listening to Martha months ago. I was willing to accept it with the retaining of Austin and JBC.

Look at the bright side with Caldwell. He will have the All-Nice kid team.
I think that stuff ran its course.

It was pandering to the portion of the fanbase that couldn't handle the excess testosterone DaSchwartz and Suh brought to the franchise. Reaching for LT and Carnie Hands already served its purpose.

(Caldwell was great in his presser yesterday.)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was pandering to the portion of the fanbase that couldn't handle the excess testosterone DaSchwartz and Suh brought to the franchise. Reaching for LT and Carnie Hands already served its purpose.

Great post.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Tomlinson would be way better then he was, but I expect him to improve a lot his sophmore year. I am hoping he just needed some time to adapt the the left side and now he will be good to go

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tomlinson would be way better then he was, but I expect him to improve a lot his sophmore year. I am hoping he just needed some time to adapt the the left side and now he will be good to go
Me too man.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure after the Tomlinson pick on this board somewhere I put "It looks like Mayhew is finally getting it"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure after the Tomlinson pick on this board somewhere I put "It looks like Mayhew is finally getting it"
I'm happy he's on the team.

But thought it a reach. But that's kinda irrelevant now. He's the same player if we'd got him in the second.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But thought it a reach. But that's kinda irrelevant now. He's the same player if we'd got him in the second.

I actually had us picking him a round later so I certainly agree. Hopefully Lombardi didnt screw him up too bad because Big Larry has also been a hot sloppy mess all year. I m almost tempted to suggest they try Lucas at Guard. He is a bit tall for it though, but Staff can just throw sidearm from the pocket, LOL.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm the guy who supports a GM going after his guy. Tampa was said to reach when they traded up for Ali Marpet. Worked out great it seems for them. The talking heads label it a "reach" when it wasn't their guy at that spot.

I wonder how many of Kipers so called reaches are heading to Canton.

Mayhew did go after guys early though. So at times I'm sure even Mel has been right.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had us picking him a round later so I certainly agree. Hopefully Lombardi didnt screw him up too bad because Big Larry has also been a hot sloppy mess all year. I m almost tempted to suggest they try Lucas at Guard. He is a bit tall for it though, but Staff can just throw sidearm from the pocket, LOL.

IMO he was gone by our spot in the second. Y'all are correct in Mayhew grabbing him earlier than were he should have gone.

IMO Mayhew is no more wrong than I feel Chip was/is. I credit they tried it their way. It failed, but it failed with their style.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO he was gone by our spot in the second. Y'all are correct in Mayhew grabbing him earlier than were he should have gone.

IMO Mayhew is no more wrong than I feel Chip was/is. I credit they tried it their way. It failed, but it failed with their style.

Took Mayhew 4 years to reach a 10 win season. Took Chip 1. Took Mayhew six years to get to 27 wins. Kelly did it in three.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Mayhew 4 years to reach a 10 win season. Took Chip 1. Took Mayhew six years to get to 27 wins. Kelly did it in three.

Let me ask you this, what would happen for the next 3 years in Philly with Chip once he got rid of all the talent Reid brought with the GM then? He dismantled the talent is issue. The defense suffers under his scheme.

You yourself have said you don't want a flash in the pan. You want sustained winning. You can't change my opinion on what was going to transpire in keeping Chip in Philly.

Comparing a GM who had inherited the absolute worst NFL roster maybe ever to a coach who didn't get GM power until last off season is way off to me. Once he got power he removed the core.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this, what would happen for the next 3 years in Philly with Chip once he got rid of all the talent Reid brought with the GM then? He dismantled the talent is issue. The defense suffers under his scheme.

You yourself have said you don't want a flash in the pan. You want sustained winning. You can't change my opinion on what was going to transpire in keeping Chip in Philly.

Comparing a GM who had inherited the absolute worst NFL roster maybe ever to a coach who didn't get GM power until last off season is way off to me. Once he got power he removed the core.

No clue. But Bill Belichick thinks Chip got a raw deal and so do I. Who gave him that power? Where's that guy now?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And btw the Eagles were 8-8 and 4-12 with all that "talent" before Chip got there and turned them into a back to back 10 win playoff program.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw the Eagles were 8-8 and 4-12 with all that "talent" before Chip got there and turned them into a back to back 10 win playoff program.

So then you should be knocking down the door of Martha for Chuck Pagano. He went 11-5 for three years and will be out most likely because his owner wants titles not good records.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the guy who supports a GM going after his guy. Tampa was said to reach when they traded up for Ali Marpet. Worked out great it seems for them. The talking heads label it a "reach" when it wasn't their guy at that spot.

spot on with all.

jmo, positional coaching/scheme has a huge affect on whether these kids pan out or not.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you should be knocking down the door of Martha for Chuck Pagano. He went 11-5 for three years and will be out most likely because his owner wants titles not good records.

Please. All Irsay cares about is drugs and booze. If Irsay really wants titles, he will keep Pagano and fire Grigson.