• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Omniscience League I - Draft

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather intriguing that even when you know how the player will perform, some are lamenting their picks.
I wasn't sure at first how much trading would take place in this league. Now I'm betting that trading is going to be NUTS.

So this is a pre-emptive request to respect the trade rules to avoid confusion. I'll post them here again so people can cogitate over them.

All trades will be negotiated in a public thread.

Odd-numbered Calendar Days

8 am ET: Initial Trade Offer period OPENS.

During this period offers can be MADE in the trade thread. (No offers of any kind can be accepted until the Trade Acceptance period.) A player (and an owner's waiver position) can only be included in ONE offer. No other offers in this period can include any previously named players. You can't back out of an offer. Waiver position can only be offered as a swap for the other owner's waiver position. No conditional trades.​

8 pm ET: Initial Trade Offer period CLOSES and Follow-up Offer period OPENS.

During this period all owners can make new offers on players/waiver positions offered or targeted in the Initial Trade Offer period. No offer can be made that does not include a player named in an Initial Trade offer. Again, you can't back out of an offer.​

Even-numbered Calendar Days

Noon ET: Follow-up Offer period CLOSES and Trade Acceptance period begins.

In the Trade Acceptance Period, any recipient of an Initial Trade Offer or Follow-up Offer can accept it. In the case of conflicts, whichever acceptance is posted first takes precedence. Please quote the offer you are accepting.​

6 pm ET: Trade Acceptance period CLOSES and commissioners execute accepted trades (make sure to set your active roster).

7:30 pm ET: All players placed on waivers - but owners can request to add a player dropped after 7 pm ET (in order to prevent somebody trying a last-minute drop in the hopes nobody can pick up the player for the current matchup). First request posted will be honored.

8 pm ET: Rosters locked. Matchup totals tallied for active roster, matches settled, and rosters unlocked.

10 pm ET: Waivers run on Fantrax.

This schedule might be tough for anybody on Pacific time. We got anybody that far west?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So waivers run at 10 PM following the matchup?

Then unclaimed players are free agents until lineup lock?

Any chance you could make that 1 hour earlier?

I think it is a pretty big deal to make that waiver period on either side accessible to everyone. I am usually asleep by 10.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So waivers run at 10 PM following the matchup?

Then unclaimed players are free agents until lineup lock?

Any chance you could make that 1 hour earlier?

I think it is a pretty big deal to make that waiver period on either side accessible to everyone. I am usually asleep by 10.
I think so - but then we should probably move everything after noon that day earlier by an hour. Want to make sure people have time after a matchup to think about waivers.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1642961270346.png
chef-gronk
wil-mitchel
fem-swift
mol-williams lac
tlance-lockett
milk-gibson
gannon-diggs
smoking-metcalf
steelers-otc

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if the draft isn't finished by next season? Not sure I can add another league next year.

Yes, that's just me being a dick.............

That is why I like picking in the middle in slow drafts.

No strategical advantage whatsoever, but you get less bored waiting for your turn.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so - but then we should probably move everything after noon that day earlier by an hour. Want to make sure people have time after a matchup to think about waivers.
Any time shifts that have to happen are good with me. I'm on MST so I should be good.

That's me not being a dick.............fer a change....lol

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wilwhite So could as many as 191 trade proposals be made during the Initial Trade Offer period? I mean that as a theoretical question of course. (12*15 plus 12*1 minus 1 because the worst waiver spot by itself is valueless.)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wilwhite So could as many as 191 trade proposals be made during the Initial Trade Offer period? I mean that as a theoretical question of course. (12*15 plus 12*1 minus 1 because the worst waiver spot by itself is valueless.)
Hm... lemme see... 93? Without waiver swaps it would be 90 players, because every trade has to mention at least one offered player and at least one target player, so every offer knocks out at least two players. Waiver swaps I think increases that by three? Because you could have six offers that are a player for a waiver swap (and then all the waiver positions will have been mentioned), and that would free up six players who could be traded for each other in three more offers.

For the Follow-up offer period... suffice it to say that we could not type fast enough to get them all in.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm... lemme see... 93? Without waiver swaps it would be 90 players, because every trade has to mention at least one offered player and at least one target player, so every offer knocks out at least two players. Waiver swaps I think increases that by three? Because you could have six offers that are a player for a waiver swap (and then all the waiver positions will have been mentioned), and that would free up six players who could be traded for each other in three more offers.

For the Follow-up offer period... suffice it to say that we could not type fast enough to get them all in.
Let me ask a practical question then. If I intend to make you an offer for Herbert and someone in the initial period beats me to the punch in doing so, I cannot at that time? what would my course of action from that juncture be?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask a practical question then. If I intend to make you an offer for Herbert and someone in the initial period beats me to the punch in doing so, I cannot at that time? what would my course of action from that juncture be?
You would be able to make an offer in the Follow-Up Offer period.

If neither a player you wanted to offer nor Herbert were offered in the Initial Offer phase, though, you'd be out of luck.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be able to make an offer in the Follow-Up Offer period.

If neither a player you wanted to offer nor Herbert were offered in the Initial Offer phase, though, you'd be out of luck.
Alright, thanks. My intuition is that there should be a fee for both parties of a trade, where you would be penalized a certain number of waiver spots based on how often you traded, but perhaps that can be explored in years to come.