• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old School Fantasy Legends League

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hated it damon wayans GIF

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did..hahaha

Well, like John Dalton said...opinions vary
Don't ya just hate it when you get a hell no, but they never offer a counter ?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ya just hate it when you get a hell no, but they never offer a counter ?

In general, yes.

But in this case, I was given a pleasant comment as to the declination, and it's very apparent that his opinion of the role of the player I offered is substantially different from my opinion of that player's role, so a counter would've been pretty pointless. He ain't the first person in this league to have that same opinion on that same player.

And that's totally fine, like I said, opinions vary. And if I'm wrong on the guy, it costs me nothing but a roster spot to find out. But if I'm right? I'd much rather have him occupying a weekly flex spot than to have dealt him away for peanuts just to get a deal done, or to clear a spot..I've got plenty of options to clear a spot, and already have 2 open to begin with :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general, yes.

But in this case, I was given a pleasant comment as to the declination, and it's very apparent that his opinion of the role of the player I offered is substantially different from my opinion of that player's role, so a counter would've been pretty pointless. He ain't the first person in this league to have that same opinion on that same player.

And that's totally fine, like I said, opinions vary. And if I'm wrong on the guy, it costs me nothing but a roster spot to find out. But if I'm right? I'd much rather have him occupying a weekly flex spot than to have dealt him away for peanuts just to get a deal done, or to clear a spot..I've got plenty of options to clear a spot, and already have 2 open to begin with :)
Now you got me wondering who ? Looks to me like most have a defined role and a couple have basically none.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@leftypower well sometimes an honest reply should cover any counter...maybe a counter just isnt there...
I think your comment covered it just fine, I know exactly where you stand, and yes, I would imagine there just wasn't a counter given the difference in valuations. It all good

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lefty i will check in tonight and or tomorrow ..been a bit busy last 2 days
Well, I pulled it thinking lack of interest so no worry. .... but I will say it was juicy.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I pulled it thinking lack of interest so no worry. .... but I will say it was juicy.
not lack of interest

lack of check in to the hoop time

im not retired yet

however im looking hard at it right now (not the trade --retirement) and it gets more enticing every day

as for the trade ( im headed out to take off my winter tires and visit a friend ) ill comment and counter seeing if you have interest in the other guy who plays that position.. later tonight

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not lack of interest
lack of check in to the hoop time
im not retired yet
however im looking hard at it right now (not the trade --retirement) and it gets more enticing every day
as for the trade ( im headed out to take off my winter tires and visit a friend ) ill comment and counter seeing if you have interest in the other guy who plays that position.. later tonight
Retirement is great as long as you can afford to make that move - the wife and I have learned to be a bit 'thrifty' but still enjoy the fruits of my labors. As for the offer, I saw the counter and honestly, as much as I like the guy, it just doesn't move the needle (ie too rich for my blood). Now I know it's difficult to come up with viable offers between 2 teams basically headed in the same direction so I'll include further comments in the deal itself. ....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@leftypower @Bandit @TREFF

if we make an unbalanced trade at this time ie: 2 for 1 - or - 3 for 2 does the team with the

now roster of 26 have to cut

now roster of 24 have to wait to add

Thanks boys...

im now adding even though it leads to the the same question and result

i receive a player for a pick alone as has been offered already do i carry 26 until next cut deadline

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@leftypower @Bandit @TREFF

if we make an unbalanced trade at this time ie: 2 for 1 - or - 3 for 2 does the team with the

now roster of 26 have to cut

now roster of 24 have to wait to add

Thanks boys...

im now adding even though it leads to the the same question and result

i receive a player for a pick alone as has been offered already do i carry 26 until next cut deadline
The team over needs to cut, the team under just has extra room for rookies when the draft comes around

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team over needs to cut, the team under just has extra room for rookies when the draft comes around
Actually the trade will not totally process. It will show as excepted but will not 'execute' fully until the 'over' team is down to 25 (or less). ... the rosters will remain unchanged until in compliance (<25 has to cut). .... at least that's what happened to me in a similar situation.