• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old School Fantasy Legends League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I see your trade block updates...always look..can never make an offer with those 2 dudes just hanging out there biding their time to find the right fit
I get it - - tough time of year to convince yourself to make a bold move with so many unknown factors in play. ....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ya know @leftypower i always see when you update as well
even though i dont act on it too often your update and everyone else's is always appreciated

i try to check in to the Hoop daily sometimes don't but mostly due...

especially to see if hockey has broke our fave @TREFF yet :suds:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahem...

Aaron Rodgers 'excited' for Allen Lazard to be a No. 1 WR

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he is excited for WR Allen Lazard to get "an opportunity to be a No. 1 receiver" after being the "dirty-work guy for most of his career," according to Matt Schneidman of The Athletic. (Matt Schneidman, The Athletic)

Fantasy Impact:
The Packers currently have a 224-target hole in their offense to fill up between the losses of Davante Adams and Marques Valdes-Scantling. A lot of speculation has been made about who will be the Packers' new No. 1 wideout, but at the very least, Lazard seems like he will get the opportunity to prove himself for that role. Rodgers said that because Lazard has always been the team's glue guy, he's "not worried about him at all stepping into that role." In the final five weeks of the 2021 season, Lazard had 21 catches for 290 yards and five touchdowns. Out of all the receivers left on Green Bay's roster, Lazard has the longest tenure with Rodgers of any receiver in Green Bay outside of 31-year-old Randall Cobb, and Rodgers is known for his tendency to throw to his most trusted options. With so many voided targets to distribute, Lazard is bound to smash his career-high mark of 60, making him an intriguing high-upside option with an average draft position of WR51, according to FantasyPros.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I actually have nothing of real value to say here - just wanted to put something on here to perhaps get some action going.
Shot my wad on a rebuild and ended up with some intriguing rooks to supplement my less than stellar core of younger guys. Of those drafted I think Cook, Dotson, B. Robinson and Olave may very well produce this yr. The others; Pierce, Davis-Price, Watson, Ross, Otton are wildcards to make any impact. Of them Watson probably has the highest potential, but Rodgers rarely (if ever) trust 1st yr rooks. Ross was basically a homer pick in a very good offense, but realistically he may either be a special-teamer or unemployed by start of the season. Pierce, Price and Otton landed in good spots but, as rooks, it may take awhile to command any carries or targets.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I actually have nothing of real value to say here - just wanted to put something on here to perhaps get some action going.
Shot my wad on a rebuild and ended up with some intriguing rooks to supplement my less than stellar core of younger guys. Of those drafted I think Cook, Dotson, B. Robinson and Olave may very well produce this yr. The others; Pierce, Davis-Price, Watson, Ross, Otton are wildcards to make any impact. Of them Watson probably has the highest potential, but Rodgers rarely (if ever) trust 1st yr rooks. Ross was basically a homer pick in a very good offense, but realistically he may either be a special-teamer or unemployed by start of the season. Pierce, Price and Otton landed in good spots but, as rooks, it may take awhile to command any carries or targets.
You have a slew of young players and now it's wait and see who emerges. Certainly some of them will. but it's hard in July to be patient and twiddle your thumbs waiting for the season to start. I'm also in a holding pattern as I've done what I could for now and just twiddling my thumbs waiting and waiting.....dang waiting is a hard thing for me. LOL

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You a slew of young players and now it's wait and see who emerges. Certainly some of them will. but it's hard in July to be patient and twiddle your thumbs waiting for the season to start. I'm also in a holding pattern as I've done what I could for now and just twiddling my thumbs waiting and waiting.....dang waiting is a hard thing for me. LOL
That's a fact, my friend, I've been over and over the roster and there is so much I would 'like' to try but just not seeing the advantage to pulling the trigger on any of them at this time. Had various discussion with folks, kicking tires, but not anything that makes me actually want to hit that send button. This is the toughest time of yr - - waiting until we get a clearer picture of where guys stand and hoping they don't do anything stupid in the meantime..

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checked Fantrax and somebody sent a trade offer a while ago that's gone now. (sad face)

So... in the interest of spurring trade talk, basically everybody we have we value higher than other owners, which is why we have them. Let me break them into tiers of overvaluation, in case anybody wants to take a stab:

Close to expected values (if you like these guys, maybe we can do something)
Dak
Burks
Lazard
Sammy Watkins
Gallup
Viska
Bourne
Quez
Harrison Bryant
McBride

Medium gap (you'd have to love these guys and overpay a little)
Foreman
Khalil Herbert
Garrett Wilson
Van
Crowder
Ridder
Ryan
Gus
Darrynton Evans
NWI

Big gap (good luck prying them off us, but we'll always listen)
Walker
Allgeier
Dobbins
Pitts

No particular rules about what we want, except we're not so interested in short-term studs right now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checked Fantrax and somebody sent a trade offer a while ago that's gone now. (sad face)

So... in the interest of spurring trade talk, basically everybody we have we value higher than other owners, which is why we have them. Let me break them into tiers of overvaluation, in case anybody wants to take a stab:

Close to expected values (if you like these guys, maybe we can do something)
Dak
Burks
Lazard
Sammy Watkins
Gallup
Viska
Bourne
Quez
Harrison Bryant
McBride

Medium gap (you'd have to love these guys and overpay a little)
Foreman
Khalil Herbert
Garrett Wilson
Van
Crowder
Ridder
Ryan
Gus
Darrynton Evans
NWI

Big gap (good luck prying them off us, but we'll always listen)
Walker
Allgeier
Dobbins
Pitts

No particular rules about what we want, except we're not so interested in short-term studs right now.
I'd have some mild interest in Herbert, but dang if I can figure out an offer for him.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a few I'd like to discuss but I think we may have already. .... I'm in serious rebuild so I'm on the side of youth potential only.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a few I'd like to discuss but I think we may have already. .... I'm in serious rebuild so I'm on the side of youth potential only.
Yeah, we’d probably only find a way if we had a young guy you liked even more than we do and vice versa.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we’d probably only find a way if we had a young guy you liked even more than we do and vice versa.

can y'all send a list of young players that you're willing to overpay for as well?

Patrick Plotting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF - small tweak on an old idea your way.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i hit counter, which declined the offer, and while looking for said counter, I literally fell asleep for the night

Sorry. I'll look again either after work or during if it's a slow Friday
Well, sent the PM which I see, you saw. Sorry, but I'm sure we'll find a trade sometime soon.

@femurov big feeler your way-

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys just wanted to go ahead and put this out there now. Labor Day is September 5th so everybody will have to be down to 25 on their active roster by that day. IR does not count against the 25. Waivers will be turned back on Wednesday August 31st with the first waiver period processing on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning September 7th and then it will as normal per the season.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Harold trimmed his fat rather quickly.

I've only got 2, maybe 3, that I could cut and not feel horrible about at this moment...and one of them is on IR so he doesn't even count.

Gonna be a damn tough call. Someone needs to offer me some 4's or 5's, or some 2 fer one's... quick

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Harold trimmed his fat rather quickly.

I've only got 2, maybe 3, that I could cut and not feel horrible about at this moment...and one of them is on IR so he doesn't even count.

Gonna be a damn tough call. Someone needs to offer me some 4's or 5's, or some 2 fer one's... quick
@TREFF
sent you one