• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Oklahoma @ Ohio State - 7:30PM ABC

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GPM is down on his team bad.
Lashing out won't help you bro.

Oklahoma is the best team you will face all year, by far.
Your team looked like shit because Oklahoma made you look that way. Get your chin up.
It's just a 180 from what happened last year.

Good Luck with the season.

Seriously, we weren't on here crying like bitches last year trying to diminish the win saying we weren't a very good team (which we weren't at the time) so congrats on beating a bad team and enjoy the highlight of your season. We told y'all you have a hell of a team and good luck the rest of the way. That other stuff is loser crybaby bull shit and I'd have expected better from a fan of a team of the caliber of Ohio state.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GPM is down on his team bad.
Lashing out won't help you bro.

Oklahoma is the best team you will face all year, by far.
Your team looked like shit because Oklahoma made you look that way. Get your chin up.
It's just a 180 from what happened last year.

Good Luck with the season.
Not sure I agree with this. PSU looks just as good. They don't have the QB you guys do, but they've more than got a better running game.

GPM was probably drunk, based on the time of his posts. We've got issues to work on, but despite playing about as bad as we could have, we only lost by a couple of TDs. Dobbins is going to have to be a huge part of the offense. Unless they wake up and sit Barrett down, our passing game will not flourish. Our DBs will eventually come around, but they started the year off against the likely Heisman winner and team that threw the ball 70 times. The talent is there, they just need the experience.

Hats off to OU for a great win.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree with this. PSU looks just as good. They don't have the QB you guys do, but they've more than got a better running game.

GPM was probably drunk, based on the time of his posts. We've got issues to work on, but despite playing about as bad as we could have, we only lost by a couple of TDs. Dobbins is going to have to be a huge part of the offense. Unless they wake up and sit Barrett down, our passing game will not flourish. Our DBs will eventually come around, but they started the year off against the likely Heisman winner and team that threw the ball 70 times. The talent is there, they just need the experience.

I'll just say this. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot the entire first half you guys lose by at least two more TD. Not shit talking or anything. That's just the truth. You guys have a bad ass defensive front and it forced us to get creative on how we moved the ball on the ground, but our offensive line was up to the task. After seeing that I'm confident our line can stand up to any defensive front. I'll be curious to see how you guys handle Penn State's rushing game.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see any reason to be "up" on my team right now and I don't see any real difference in how we played against Clemson versus how we're playing now... other than our offense actually looks worse. That said, it was big for OU to come into c-bus and win and was a must for getting into the playoffs. Great victory, enjoy the rest of your season. :suds: As for tOSU.. I have no idea what's going on. The talent and coaching are there, but we just look SO bad right now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say this. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot the entire first half you guys lose by at least two more TD. Not shit talking or anything. That's just the truth. You guys have a bad ass defensive front and it forced us to get creative on how we moved the ball on the ground, but our offensive line was up to the task. After seeing that I'm confident our line can stand up to any defensive front. I'll be curious to see how you guys handle Penn State's rushing game.
Both teams shot themselves in the foot to an extent.

For example, Barrett having 18 rushing attempts to Dobbins' 13. If Dobbins gets the same workload from Indiana, we likely control the clock and tempo MUCH more. Hell, both Dobbins and Weber had little problem running Saturday night. We left too much up to Barrett, and this should've been noticed early on.

Barrett also practically gave you a TD with the field position off of one of the ugliest INTs I've ever seen. Seriously, he might as well have walked the ball over to him. Nowhere near being completed to a Buckeye.

We also had 3 drives inside your 17 wind up as FGs because, well, we relied on Barrett. Know how many times we handed off when we had 1st down on those drives starting at the 17 yard line or closer? 0. That is fucking stupid. Our RBs were averaging 6.3 YPC and we gave them 0 chances on those 3 drives in the red zone to move the ball. All 3 sputtered quickly because we tried to just pass.

Riley flat out coached an amazing game and exposed our weaknesses while our coaching staff did next to nothing to use our weapons that were actually working. It was honestly like watching 2015 Michigan State all over again.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any reason to be "up" on my team right now and I don't see any real difference in how we played against Clemson versus how we're playing now... other than our offense actually looks worse. That said, it was big for OU to come into c-bus and win and was a must for getting into the playoffs. Great victory, enjoy the rest of your season. :suds: As for tOSU.. I have no idea what's going on. The talent and coaching are there, but we just look SO bad right now.
Our running game was shit against Clemson. Dobbins and Weber looked more than competent against OU, we just decided not to use them for whatever reason.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our running game was shit against Clemson. Dobbins and Weber looked more than competent against OU, we just decided not to use them for whatever reason.

Our running game did look good. But every time we had positive yardage we'd negate/stall out progress with some sort of pass that didn't make any sense. If JT really is our guy for the rest of year, then they've got to improve the play-calling and stop trying to make him do things that he's just not capable of doing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams shot themselves in the foot to an extent.

For example, Barrett having 18 rushing attempts to Dobbins' 13. If Dobbins gets the same workload from Indiana, we likely control the clock and tempo MUCH more. Hell, both Dobbins and Weber had little problem running Saturday night. We left too much up to Barrett, and this should've been noticed early on.

Barrett also practically gave you a TD with the field position off of one of the ugliest INTs I've ever seen. Seriously, he might as well have walked the ball over to him. Nowhere near being completed to a Buckeye.

We also had 3 drives inside your 17 wind up as FGs because, well, we relied on Barrett. Know how many times we handed off when we had 1st down on those drives starting at the 17 yard line or closer? 0. That is fucking stupid. Our RBs were averaging 6.3 YPC and we gave them 0 chances on those 3 drives in the red zone to move the ball. All 3 sputtered quickly because we tried to just pass.

Riley flat out coached an amazing game and exposed our weaknesses while our coaching staff did next to nothing to use our weapons that were actually working. It was honestly like watching 2015 Michigan State all over again.

Yeah, Wilson and Meyer are going to have to get on the same page. The whole night looked like a struggle between those two.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin always seems to fly under the radar but makes the experts take notice when they beat the ranked teams.

Of course, to beat "ranked" teams, they have to play them.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Wilson and Meyer are going to have to get on the same page. The whole night looked like a struggle between those two.

and by same page you mean Meyer needs to get the F out of the way? I agree.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I think that plays to your strengths.

Exactly. We didn't do a ton of running between the tackles because that plays right into their strength. Riley ain't Les Miles.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely it was. That's one of Meyer's downfalls, at least at Ohio State, his relationship with his offensive coordinators. Obviously Wilson knows what he's doing, and I think this game will mark a change. I'm also hoping Wilson pushes Meyer to move on from Barrett onto one of our much stronger passers that are sitting behind him.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State Has Next:
Army
UNLV
@Rutgers
Maryland
@Nebraska
BYE

The next 3 games will let them straighten things out just fine.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, we weren't on here crying like bitches last year trying to diminish the win saying we weren't a very good team (which we weren't at the time) so congrats on beating a bad team and enjoy the highlight of your season. We told y'all you have a hell of a team and good luck the rest of the way. That other stuff is loser crybaby bull shit and I'd have expected better from a fan of a team of the caliber of Ohio state.

Overreaction week 2. Oklahoma is an elite team and was able to exploit a young secondary and a glaring flaw in the offense. Good news is they are things that are fixable. Ohio State will be fine. I hope to see you guys in the playoff.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I think that plays to your strengths.

Maybe, but we're talking about the best running back in the nation. Also, McSorley seems to be a big game kind of QB as well. PSU doesn't have to go through our line.. just keep us off balance like you guys did and if our secondary doesn't get any better, they carve us up. Should be interesting, but we do have to travel to Nebraska first which will likely not be an easy game.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching OS and OU go at it Saturday, I'd have to say that Baker Mayfield looks like he might be the most dangerous QB in the nation right now.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the buckeyes huddled in front of OUs bench at the 50 and sang their school song after they beat us in Norman last year. The whole team, plus their band. Fuck em

not the same. sorry.