• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma OC Lincoln Riley to South Carolina? Interviewing Today, Apparently

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should go after Venables instead....

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total fucking scum bags. My issue is this, if you didnt want to come to Oklahoma and stick around to win Championships, then why even bother coming at all. He wont do so well at SC.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should go after Venables instead....

:nono: Venables will be to Clemson what Bud Foster is to VT. Thank Big Game Bob for letting us have him though!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total fucking scum bags. My issue is this, if you didnt want to come to Oklahoma and stick around to win Championships, then why even bother coming at all. He wont do so well at SC.

Settle down. He's just interviewing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono: Venables will be to Clemson what Bud Foster is to VT. Thank Big Game Bob for letting us have him though!

Venables will take a HC job at some point. Probably sooner than later.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine he knew he would be getting the chance to be head honcho at a P5 school. I figure all coaches, at some point, are wanting to eventually get that big gig and it's hard to hate on somebody for trying to better their situation imo. If they're not, they're probably not that good at what they do anyway.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settle down. He's just interviewing.

Exactly, one does not simply interview for shits and giggles. You go to interviews for a purpose. You lose trust from incoming recruits doing that. It shows that as you are willing to leave if the price is right. Meaning no stability with where you are. Recruits will look at this and wonder if he will still be there when they get to campus. Its one thing to go out on interviews after being with a program for a few years, but after one season, not even a full year... that is something else entirely.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, one does not simply interview for shits and giggles. You go to interviews for a purpose. You lose trust from incoming recruits doing that. It shows that as you are willing to leave if the price is right. Meaning no stability with where you are. Recruits will look at this and wonder if he will still be there when they get to campus. Its one thing to go out on interviews after being with a program for a few years, but after one season, not even a full year... that is something else entirely.

He would be stupid to turn the interview down, even if he's only doing it for the experience. Which there's a fair chance that is the case. You need to chill out, bud. I know losing Riley would suck, but we know next to nothing about what is going on here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine he knew he would be getting the chance to be head honcho at a P5 school. I figure all coaches, at some point, are wanting to eventually get that big gig and it's hard to hate on somebody for trying to better their situation imo. If they're not, they're probably not that good at what they do anyway.

Dude's a little too emotional about this. We just need to sit back and see what happens. I got a hunch Riley isn't going anywhere. Hell, he was still recruiting his ass off on his way to South Carolina. I think there's a fair chance he told Bob, "I'm gonna take this interview for the experience." Not saying he won't use it as leverage to try and better his situation a bit, but I think this is a bit overblown.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude's a little too emotional about this. We just need to sit back and see what happens. I got a hunch Riley isn't going anywhere. Hell, he was still recruiting his ass off on his way to South Carolina. I think there's a fair chance he told Bob, "I'm gonna take this interview for the experience." Not saying he won't use it as leverage to try and better his situation a bit, but I think this is a bit overblown.

I'm not emotional about it. And i'm not worried about losing him. My point is that it is stupid to even go that route when you have only been with the program for 9 months. Go ahead, walk into your boss's office and let them know that you will be taking an interview with another company just for the experience, let me know how that turns out for you.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not emotional about it. And i'm not worried about losing him. My point is that it is stupid to even go that route when you have only been with the program for 9 months. Go ahead, walk into your boss's office and let them know that you will be taking an interview with another company just for the experience, let me know how that turns out for you.
If my boss is the kinda person that doesn't want me bettering myself, he can go fuck himself. I wouldn't want to work for him anyway.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really don't get how that business works, do you?

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muschump to SC :hope:

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my boss is the kinda person that doesn't want me bettering myself, he can go fuck himself. I wouldn't want to work for him anyway.

You really don't get how that business works, do you?

Yea, i guess yall are right, i am one of those that barely makes enough money to afford my own place to live as well as food most times, so i guess i don't understand the multi-million dollar business.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reports have said Muschamp is the primary candiate and wants the position, and that he has already contacted Clemson's OC to bring in the spread.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Scar is looking at Muschump, a Florida reject, who has a worse sideline demeanor than Bo Pelini.

I don't get that at all.
Is there something stupid in the water down there or something.