• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

East Carolina Head Coach Candidates

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So East Carolina just made in my opinion a terrible decision in firing Ruffin McNeill, a coach who won 10 games 2 years ago. Here are who I think they should look at(no order)

Doc Holliday, Marshall Head Coach-He's turned Marshall around into a yearly contender in the C-USA, this could be a step up for him.

Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma OC-Former ECU OC, he had success here and the Oklahoma offense under him is rolling.

Scott Satterfield, Appalachian State Head Coach-He coaches at his alma mater Appalachian State so I'm not sure he would leave them, but if I were the AD I would take a hard look at him, he's done amazing in his first 2 years as an FBS coach, transitioning from FCS.

Ed Orgeron, LSU Defensive Line Coach-He's an amazing recruiter and a heck of a coach. He didn't do much at Ole Miss but it seems he's improved as a coach and did well at USC as an interim.

Matt Canada, NC State OC-The offense at NC State has improved drastically under him, a solid recruiter. Also already coaches in North Carolina so he has recruiting ties and could probably sway some of his recruits to follow him.

Greg Schiano-I'm surprised no one has really looked hard at him so far. The NFL experiment didn't work out for him but the man is a heck of a college coach.

Mark Hudspeth, UL-Lafayette Head Coach-In my opinion Hudspeth is one of the most underrated head coaches in College Football, he has a 97-44 record and has turned UL-Lafayette into an annual conference contender. I think it's time for him to make a step up.

Jeremy Pruitt, Georgia DC-Pruitt is one of the hotter coaching commodities and his name was mentioned with the South Carolina but it doesn't look like they'll be hiring him. He's won multiple National Championships and is one of the best recruiters in the country.

Mike Sanford Jr., Notre Dame OC-Another one of the hotter coaching names who people think will be a head coach before long. He's a young, energetic guy who could bring some life back to ECU.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Satterfield if you can get him.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Doc makes that move imo. WV man, and has it great in Huntington right now, ECU is a lateral type move into less comfy surroundings. He would be a good hire for a P5 program (possibly my own WVU) but I don't see him moving to another G5 gig unless we are talking a big money difference.

I don't understand why South Carolina and Schiano havnt been flirting with each other. Be a decent match up imo. Butch Davis would be a good hire for them as well.

As far as ECU... I have to believe they will have to go with an assistant that wants his first HC job. I don't think any HC would want to jump in there after what they just pulled.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team boards
<---------- that way

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Canada, NC State OC-The offense at NC State has improved drastically under him, a solid recruiter. Also already coaches in North Carolina so he has recruiting ties and could probably sway some of his recruits to follow him.

Pretty sure ECU is already out recruiting NC State lol