• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okie State or Texas Tech

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which of these programs has the better chance to excel in the Big12 and become an annual powerhouse?

Okie State might have the facilities, but Tech seems to have slowly built a strong program under good coaching.

But which of these programs has a better chance of being atop the conference year in and year out and maybe even one day getting to the NCG?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither. They will have flash in the pan seasons but will always be little brothers.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither. They will have flash in the pan seasons but will always be little brothers.

Agreed. You still have to convince top recruits to actually want to live and play in Lubbock or Stillwater, a tough sell no matter WHAT facilities or coaching they may have.

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. You still have to convince top recruits to actually want to live and play in Lubbock or Stillwater, a tough sell no matter WHAT facilities or coaching they may have.

you know i don't recall the sips being top of the conference year in and year out...and texas certainly doesn't hold up to the other perennial nc contenders...face it, for all that oil money, wannabe UC-Berkeley in a wannabe San Francisco bs, texas has taken sc resources and produced auburn results...i can't think of a cfb program that has done less with more

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know i don't recall the sips being top of the conference year in and year out...and texas certainly doesn't hold up to the other perennial nc contenders...face it, for all that oil money, wannabe UC-Berkeley in a wannabe San Francisco bs, texas has taken sc resources and produced auburn results...i can't think of a cfb program that has done less with more

Rep

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true to a small extent.......but the fact is, Texas still rakes in the recruits. OSU and Tech are STILL only getting the kids OU and Texas didn't want for the most part.

Until that changes, its going to be tough sledding for them.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point, but Lubbock is really, really far out there. I can't stand the Cowpokes but I have gone to both stadiums numerous times, and like I said Lubbock is

f1racer.gif

When the nearest city is Amarillo, that's pretty bad. That is why I gave Mike Leach so much props.

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true to a small extent.......but the fact is, Texas still rakes in the recruits. OSU and Tech are STILL only getting the kids OU and Texas didn't want for the most part.

Until that changes, its going to be tough sledding for them.

"It doesn't matter how many resources you have. If you don't know how to use them, it will never be enough."

resources-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SoonerDO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie lite lost their starting QB this weekend. Id go with TTU.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have. If you don't know how to use them, it will never be enough."

resources-1.jpg

You have failed to make a relevant point. How does Texas's failings with top talent equate to ANYTHING with OSU?

HOW is OSU going to get top talent? Or are you going to continue to dodge the discussion and talk about Texas?

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see either one of them having staying power. Sure they will both have a good to great season every now and then but not on a regular basis.

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have failed to make a relevant point. How does Texas's failings with top talent equate to ANYTHING with OSU?

HOW is OSU going to get top talent? Or are you going to continue to dodge the discussion and talk about Texas?

you brag about a texas "powerhouse" that simply does not exist...the OP question could very likely be applied to UT as well...other than the occasional nc appearance/embarrassment/eked out win, UT really can't call itself an elite big 12 team...and it doesn't look like things will be changing in the future...there is OU and everybody else, maybe K-State as they seem to own the horns year in and year out

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you brag about a texas "powerhouse" that simply does not exist...the OP question could very likely be applied to UT as well...other than the occasional nc appearance/embarrassment/eked out win, UT really can't call itself an elite big 12 team...and it doesn't look like things will be changing in the future...there is OU and everybody else, maybe K-State as they seem to own the horns year in and year out

I have not ONCE mentioned Texas and powerhouse in the same post......or even INFERRED so.

This is your inferiority complex showing, LOL

The question was asked, which programs could sustain success, and I answered very truthfully. Texas wasn't brought up in this thread until YOU brought it up

LOL, YOU LOSE

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not ONCE mentioned Texas and powerhouse in the same post......or even INFERRED so.

This is your inferiority complex showing, LOL

The question was asked, which programs could sustain success, and I answered very truthfully. Texas wasn't brought up in this thread until YOU brought it up

LOL, YOU LOSE

just not as much as texas lately

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, well they didn't lose to OSU.....ouch

barely won on a bs touchdown...and then got beat down by 42 to their archnemesis...i'd say we're still having a better season...after all thanks to ya'll we still control our own destiny

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barely won on a bs touchdown...and then got beat down by 42 to their archnemesis...i'd say we're still having a better season...after all thanks to ya'll we still control our own destiny

yeah, keep believing that

Fact is, you LOST, and you're down to your 3rd string QB. NO, you're not having a better season.

And you still FAIL tol address the point of the thread. Since it's clear Texas owns you and your every waking thought, I guess we can conclude you wont be contributing anything of note to this discussion.

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, keep believing that

Fact is, you LOST, and you're down to your 3rd string QB. NO, you're not having a better season.

And you still FAIL tol address the point of the thread. Since it's clear Texas owns you and your every waking thought, I guess we can conclude you wont be contributing anything of note to this discussion.

and you are? both texas tech and osu are catching up, while ut is in decline...things change, except for your incompetent, artifact of a head coach...do you really see things getting better anytime soon?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you are? both texas tech and osu are catching up, while ut is in decline...things change, except for your incompetent, artifact of a head coach...do you really see things getting better anytime soon?

Once again......this thread is not about TEXAS.

You have nothing to add. I'll move on, it's clear we own you.