• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ok so we dont have a franchise qb , now what ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people let emotion get in the way of their brain, DAD, and he puts words in other people's mouths.

i didnt put bus driver in anyones mouth i used it myself

i was told once by shark that an avg qb was a bus driver and we needed more

mike vick lite , his words not mine , would be an avg qb hence the term bus driver

shark said mike vick lite . well mike vick isnt elite is he ? at best he is above avg , mike vick lite would be avg

avg would be a bus driver

now do you want me to go back and substitute mike vick lite for bus driver ?

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like shark I was 100% against the trade up for Griffin. The guy we are seeing now is what I was afraid we would be getting, an option QB that could run but was fair at best as a QB. He had all of us fooled last year. shark and I both became believers and heralded the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad.... something tells me you were a Knight of the Crusade if there was past life. Because you seem to take a believe or die stance any time there is a QB involved.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad.... something tells me you were a Knight of the Crusade if there was past life. Because you seem to take a believe or die stance any time there is a QB involved.

normally shark , i would tell you that 2 years is too short of a time to judge a qb .

i normally would tell you that it takes a good year to be all the way back from an acl and that Rg3 tried to do the best he could . but that is an excuse according to some

i would site cam newton as an example of a player coming on in year 3

but see in taking this in totality and my penchant for holding on to qbs too long i decided to try another approach

i have embraced what you have said and have decided that we should cut ties with RG3 like cooley says shanahan wants to do

and now what ? i am being mocked ? i dont get it . i just dont get it

i am told that saying" we" when something goes wrong means everyone else is to blame but not me

i am told that 8 hours a day of rehab isnt enough that i needed to add 4 more hours of film study in because military guys work 12 -16 hour days (yiou didnt say it )

i am told that the qb sucks the owners privates because he talks with an owner no matter what the subject is (you didnt say it )

i dont understand how supporting JC and giving him time to develop wasnt the right thing to do and then advocating he be the stop gap when he was a bus driver cant be separated by some but instead is seen as falling of my crusader sword

so now when i seek to correct the errors of my homer ways i aam still being mocked :noidea:

if RG3 isnt a franchise qb , then why put off the inevitable ? trade him , cut ties with him and get rid of the distraction

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
normally shark , i would tell you that 2 years is too short of a time to judge a qb .

It is and I don't think anybody is arguing against this.

i normally would tell you that it takes a good year to be all the way back from an acl and that Rg3 tried to do the best he could . but that is an excuse according to some

Maybe he did try his best but went at it incorrectly. Maybe he didn't do everything he could and he learns from it.

i would site cam newton as an example of a player coming on in year 3

Cam Newton isn't really doing anything differently than his first two years...his defense is just playing lights out.

but see in taking this in totality and my penchant for holding on to qbs too long i decided to try another approach

No you aren't...you are trying to be an ass.

i have embraced what you have said and have decided that we should cut ties with RG3 like cooley says shanahan wants to do

You and I both know Shanahan is gone...not RG3.

i am told that 8 hours a day of rehab isnt enough that i needed to add 4 more hours of film study in because military guys work 12 -16 hour days (yiou didnt say it )

The first two to three months after the surgery he was not rehabbing. He wasn't spending 8 hours everyday rehabbing his leg either because that would have caused usage problems.

i am told that the qb sucks the owners privates because he talks with an owner no matter what the subject is (you didnt say it )

When you cry to the owner about how you are used by your coaches...you are acting like a bitch.

i dont understand how supporting JC and giving him time to develop wasnt the right thing to do and then advocating he be the stop gap when he was a bus driver cant be separated by some but instead is seen as falling of my crusader sword

We gave him time to develop and he was a stop gap.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are nuts! Griffin will be fine moving forward. Whether you like it or not, he has ability that very little to no one in this league has. On the other hand, he has QB fundamentals he needs to improve upon. He can do that with the right coaching, better players around him, a better offensive scheme and a much improved line. Griffin showed flashes of GREATNESS last season. Once the knee is completely healthy, he can focus on honing his skill as a QB. I am confident that Griffin will lead us to a SB in the next 3 years but a lot has to change within the organization starting this off season. In RG3 I trust.

HTTR!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooley tore Griffin a new rear today.

Cooley feels Griffin is regressing. His first year came everything came so easily. His first read was often wide open. Big year for ALF. Actually Cousins won two of the games last year. Skins were down against the Ravens and Cousins and Crawford brought them back and Cousins led the team to win against the Browns.

What do we have, it's hard to tell. The injury set his progression back. He showed us all that he has skills last year. Now the question is can he develop into a pocket QB.

Read the last statement by Cooley:

“You’re getting close,” Cooley said. “You’re getting close. You would have said the exact same thing about Cam Newton [last season], and he’s having a much better year. [But] he’s got to find a way to grow.”

I think he is basically stating that the situation can be improved dramatically (and as per my post in another thread - a lot of QBs show what they are worth in year 3). Will it? Who knows. Might as well wait & find out. Anyone who is a real Redskins fan would only hope for the best.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go further than those above in saying that making that determination in a year when the guy played hurt half the season and in a brace all year is ridiculous.

RG3 has the goods. He needs health, time, and tools around him.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, don't think you guys should give up on him just yet. Coming off a serious injury, give him time and build around him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OPs comments seemed to be dripping with sarcasm so I'm going roll with that thought.

OK...he's NOT who we thought he was, but...he's yours now...lol.

Seriously, more raw like Brandt and some other people were saying but still a player. I like the move to showcase Cousins...at this point you want to start restocking the core of the team with the best talent you can get so getting back into 1st round or getting another high 2nd is very possible.

There are 3 QBs in this draft that probably are going in the 1st rd so...JAX, MIN, HOU, CLE all need a QB and CLE has 2 1st round picks plus a high 2nd...played in the midwest, might be a trade partner...but other teams are out there as well...win for Cousins, win for WAS imo.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OPs comments seemed to be dripping with sarcasm so I'm going roll with that thought.

OK...he's NOT who we thought he was, but...he's yours now...lol.

Seriously, more raw like Brandt and some other people were saying but still a player. I like the move to showcase Cousins...at this point you want to start restocking the core of the team with the best talent you can get so getting back into 1st round or getting another high 2nd is very possible.

There are 3 QBs in this draft that probably are going in the 1st rd so...JAX, MIN, HOU, CLE all need a QB and CLE has 2 1st round picks plus a high 2nd...played in the midwest, might be a trade partner...but other teams are out there as well...win for Cousins, win for WAS imo.

Thanks. I really enjoy reading the posts of objective non-Redskins fans (not haters) on this subject. As Redskins fans perhaps we are too close to the subject & let our egos & emotions get in the way at times (some here won't admit it which just proves my point).