• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok... it’s time to get serious about TWO certitudes regarding 49ers QBs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cap hit is $17 million this coming season and he is no 22 on the.list on term of salary this year. I could care less what he made last year. They were over 100 million.over the.cap last yeR

I was looking at last year cap hit, so my bad. This year according to over the cap it's only $19, 350, 000 so much better. Who's his agent? Who ever it is , he did a bang up job for Jimmy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what he's done in his career:

View attachment 200968

So 5 years into his career and he's done what.....? Nothing about his stats says good QB, way too many INT to TDs for one thing. He's getting 37 million for this resume?
For the most part his rep was built on the idea that he would be Bradys successor and that didn't work out. Thus far his only accomplishment is landing that fat contract. That's it!

Now some here will say the stats don't tell the story, but I've seen his film broke down and dissected and you see a QB that has a lot to learn, especially for someone who already been in the league for 5 years. There's hope for growth, but it's a hope more so then a sure thing and he's getting paid like he's already a accomplished QB.

If his career was done from this point, he would be considered a bust. He's going to have to do way better to turn that around.
well he does have a nice completion percentage, a little over 2-1 td to int ratio and a decent qb rating, just to argue the other side

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Mullens is that gritty overachiever that is smashing his head against his ceiling right now. He's going to be in that Ryan Fitzpatrick or Case Keenum club in that he's a guy you don't mind seeing a game or two but beyond that your season is done if you have to go with him an extended amount of time.

Jimmy G just has a higher ceiling and take away the stat sheet and watch them both play and there isn't much of a debate on who has the better odds of being a quality starting QB.

He has and has shown the qualities that you want to see in a top tier QB and to me it's just about him staying healthy and taking the needed reps to polish those skills and to bring them out consistently.

If you look at his 3 games in 2018 he was guilty of forcing the ball against the Vikings. Against the Lions he overcompensated and held onto the ball too long. But against KC he started to get comfortable, put it together, and then he blew up his knee. If he didn't blow up his knee I think by the end of the season he would've looked pretty sharp.

So I think the talent and skill set is there for him to be a top shelf QB in the league it's just a matter if he can stay healthy and get the needed reps to bring out that talent and skill set.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mullens is that gritty overachiever that is smashing his head against his ceiling right now. He's going to be in that Ryan Fitzpatrick or Case Keenum club in that he's a guy you don't mind seeing a game or two but beyond that your season is done if you have to go with him an extended amount of time.

Jimmy G just has a higher ceiling and take away the stat sheet and watch them both play and there isn't much of a debate on who has the better odds of being a quality starting QB.

He has and has shown the qualities that you want to see in a top tier QB
and to me it's just about him staying healthy and taking the needed reps to polish those skills and to bring them out consistently.

If you look at his 3 games in 2018 he was guilty of forcing the ball against the Vikings. Against the Lions he overcompensated and held onto the ball too long. But against KC he started to get comfortable, put it together, and then he blew up his knee. If he didn't blow up his knee I think by the end of the season he would've looked pretty sharp.

So I think the talent and skill set is there for him to be a top shelf QB in the league it's just a matter if he can stay healthy and get the needed reps to bring out that talent and skill set.

not to be a jerk, but explain

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he does have a nice completion percentage, a little over 2-1 td to int ratio and a decent qb rating, just to argue the other side
Nothing to brag about, especially for one 5 years into his career already. Now Jimmy could still work out, probably turn out to be OK. It’s the talk of him being a some kind of stud that gets me going. 27 and still waiting to get his career rolling let’s not get carried away with his “potential “.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has and has shown the qualities that you want to see in a top tier QB and to me it's just about him staying healthy and taking the needed reps to polish those skills and to bring them out consistently.
Sounds like you watched that film breakdown I posted.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
5 years into his career and he's done what.....? Nothing about his stats says good QB, way too many INT to TDs for one thing. He's getting 37 million for this resume?
For the most part his rep was built on the idea that he would be Bradys successor and that didn't work out. Thus far his only accomplishment is landing that fat contract. That's it!

Now some here will say the stats don't tell the story, but I've seen his film broke down and dissected and you see a QB that has a lot to learn, especially for someone who already been in the league for 5 years. There's hope for growth, but it's a hope more so then a sure thing and he's getting paid like he's already a accomplished QB.

If his career was done from this point, he would be considered a bust. He's going to have to do way better to turn that around.

I honestly think this is going to be a crappy season for the 49ers, and I expect Jimmy to be rusty & struggle coming off the ACL. But if my aging brain can remember this conversation in 2020, I'll revisit it then and say you were right if he isn't considered... say... a top-10 QB in the league by most people.

And if Dak turns into this surgeon QB in that time and isn't Kirk-Cousins-esque, I'll eat a big ol' plate of crow.

But I'll say this: I haven't been this excited about the Niners' QB situation since Steve Young (which isn't saying all that much, honestly).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think this is going to be a crappy season for the 49ers, and I expect Jimmy to be rusty & struggle coming off the ACL. But if my aging brain can remember this conversation in 2020, I'll revisit it then and say you were right if he isn't considered... say... a top-10 QB in the league by most people.

And if Dak turns into this surgeon QB in that time and isn't Kirk-Cousins-esque, I'll eat a big ol' plate of crow.

But I'll say this: I haven't been this excited about the Niners' QB situation since Steve Young (which isn't saying all that much, honestly).
OK guess we'll see.:suds:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-1 as a starter (8-2 if you count the ACL game). You can tell when a guy folds under the pressure in a close game (see Alex Smith), and you can see when a guy just doesn't know how to pick apart a defense (see Dak Prescott). Jimmy is cool under pressure & at least good at exploiting what defenses give him.

We're not comparing Jimmy G to f***ing Drew Brees here. We're comparing him to Dak. There's no comparison.

Wait... your best argument in favor of jimmy is he’s 8-1? Think about that for a second.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 and half years behind Tom Brady. How many do you think he’s going to start? Duh....

He was supposed to get 4 but he couldn’t even do that... he got injured... again.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That might very well be the BIGGEST hedge I’ve ever read. Congrats!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That might very well be the BIGGEST hedge I’ve ever read. Congrats!!

Dude, you're targeting the wrong guy to troll about the Niners. I've been more critical of and more accurate about them than almost anyone. No homer here.

1. I called for Kaeptard to be traded before the rest of the league figured out he sucked (and got lambasted by homer-Niner-fans for it).

2. I never did anything but say Alex Smith was a mediocre QB despite some statistically great seasons (same with Jeff Garcia).

3. Niners were the trendy pick to bounce back last year and make the playoffs, but I told everyone they were s**t.

Most players not taking HGH (Adrian Peterson) struggle the year after an ACL tear. I've been completely consistent, and I was right about them. Jimmy will have a decent season next year, and the Niners will probably win about 9 games. After that, their window will open unless Lynch completely f**ks this next draft. I've never said anything otherwise.

Last edited:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would know that GayPride. You have about 1000 pages of the “same shtick” with PE1. How many times do you losers need to argue over and over about Wentz... 4/5 year contracts and centers??? A thousand pages worth of the same crap over and over. Rock on GayPride!

don't read it if you don't like it, fairy face.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you are fucking stupid? I grasped that along time ago. Just like you grasping Handicappers dick. You’re a clown. You better get back to making more stupid posts you no life loser.

meltdown alert

ding ding ding

sissy britches has gone full blown tilt

bwwwahahahahahahahahahah...what a loooooser

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't read it if you don't like it, fairy face.

Finally... SteelersGayPride boyfriend chimes in.

Which means:
A) You two homos are done 69’n each other.

Or

B) You just pushed his nutsack to the side to take a peek at your phone.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then looks can be deceiving on jimmy with a small sample
Size u realize this right

So does size matter or not?

We're at the same place we were at before Jimmy G was traded? We just haven't seen enough to really hitch our wagon to him.

SF needed a QB when they traded for him. There wasn't much in the available pool at that point. Having sat behind Brady. His limited amount of success netted him that contract. It's all about timing.

This season could be very interesting. Lots of teams making big FA moves and still have plenty of cap space as well as multiple draft picks. NFCW could be a toss up. Well minus AZ. Actually I'll give them a pass until after they screw up the draft. AFCN lots and lots went on in that division already. Cleveland :noidea:

Here's a question. If you need a QB and could get Jimmy G on draft day for a rookie contract, would you or would you take one of the top prospects?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does size matter or not?

We're at the same place we were at before Jimmy G was traded? We just haven't seen enough to really hitch our wagon to him.

SF needed a QB when they traded for him. There wasn't much in the available pool at that point. Having sat behind Brady. His limited amount of success netted him that contract. It's all about timing.

This season could be very interesting. Lots of teams making big FA moves and still have plenty of cap space as well as multiple draft picks. NFCW could be a toss up. Well minus AZ. Actually I'll give them a pass until after they screw up the draft. AFCN lots and lots went on in that division already. Cleveland :noidea:

Here's a question. If you need a QB and could get Jimmy G on draft day for a rookie contract, would you or would you take one of the top prospects?
yeah i would take him definitely. Like i said, i think hes good, think he has upside, key word, upside. He , like a rookie hasnt done much. and got paid 127 million, theres the diff. Plus the guys "knowing what they see". You notice one poster avoided this thread

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
not to be a jerk, but explain

In his 5 games to end the season in 2017 he showed great ability to quickly read defenses and make the correct choice to where to go with the ball. He showed good pocket presence and showed the ability to shift in the pocket to avoid pressure and with one of the quickest releases among QBs he was able to drastically cut down the sacks the team had experienced up unto that point.

And yes his final 5 games that year weren't exactly murderers row but he wasn't exactly on a loaded team himself. The 9ers were 1-10 when he took over with the one win being against the Giants. His number 1 was Marquis Goodwin, Kittle hadn't quite broken out at this point, and his RT was the backup guard who wasn't even good at being a guard.

When you actually watched him play wasn't winning by gimmicks but by doing all the things you want to see big boy QBs do.

Now he's not perfect and there are flaws in his game that he's gotta iron out or he'll rise to being anything other than a decent starter.

His deep ball needs work as he has left some big plays on the field missing on throws that a lot of QBs probably make.

Despite the fact I mentioned good decision making he's good for a couple of boneheaded decisions that you don't know if it's because he has just has that Romo type of gunslinger in him that you just have to accept or if it's due to lack of reps and not completely knowing what he can and can't get away with.