• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok... it’s time to get serious about TWO certitudes regarding 49ers QBs

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual u fail to grasp the point derp

That you are fucking stupid? I grasped that along time ago. Just like you grasping Handicappers dick. You’re a clown. You better get back to making more stupid posts you no life loser.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So then looks can be deceiving on jimmy with a small sample
Size u realize this right

Nick Mullens' sample size isn't the problem. I've seen plenty to know he's nothing special. Journeyman QB probably. He belongs in the NFL, but he's not franchise material. Not even close.

I said looks can be deceiving because the positives of Mullens' season pretty much all came from 1 game when the Raiders didn't even show up & lost by like 30 points. And a lot of it was garbage yards when he was down by double digits.

There's a reason the guy was on the Niners' practice squad before Jimmy got hurt.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's not, but is Jimmy? Last season ( yes very small sample size) he didn't look special, maybe not even good.

That's completely fair. Jimmy could completely disappoint; he's not a proven commodity. I think he's shown enough to at least be a good starter in the league (maybe not great), but time will tell...

Dak, on the other hand, is a guaranteed loser IMO. One of those QBs who'll play just well enough to keep a job. Reminds me of Jeff Garcia in that respect. I hate those kinds of QBs because teams don't move on from them soon enough.

He's also had obscene talent to work with, which tricks people into thinking he's a great QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's completely fair. Jimmy could completely disappoint; he's not a proven commodity. I think he's shown enough to at least be a good starter in the league (maybe not great), but time will tell...

Dak, on the other hand, is a guaranteed loser IMO. One of those QBs who'll play just well enough to keep a job. Reminds me of Jeff Garcia in that respect. I hate those kinds of QBs because teams don't move on from them soon enough.

He's also had obscene talent to work with, which tricks people into thinking he's a great QB.

The thing about Dak is he was just a 4th round pick in a draft. A raw prospect that got was forced into on the job training, he's got room to grow. Certainly worked out better then say Siemian who was drafted in the first round. With so many dysfunctional organizations in the NFL, hard for a good organization that needs a QB, to land a pick high enough to draft a Mahomes type. Cowboys did well to land Dak. He's serviceable now with room for growth. He's inexpensive and allows for spending elsewhere. For now at least. Worse case he gets resigned for money like Jimmy makes right now. Another thing about Dak, he has something that not appreciated enough by fans ....durability.

Now Jimmy is the classic example of some back up getting his pot of gold without doing shit and I for one doubt he ever does. His contract was for $137 million?

Screenshot - 3_24_2019 , 12_23_50 PM.png

$49 million guaranteed. 49ers have been getting robbed blind by Garoppolo and that's not even considering the second round pick they gave up for him.

Say what you will about Dak, the Cowboys have come out ahead having him then if they would of done the deal the 49ers did for Jimmy. Actually isn't close enough to discuss, because right now Jimmy is looking like a really expensive mistake that will set back the 49ers for years. Not only is his skills still a ? mark his ability to stay on the field is lacking and makes his skills moot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you are fucking stupid? I grasped that along time ago. Just like you grasping Handicappers dick. You’re a clown. You better get back to making more stupid posts you no life loser.
Come on bud. You and your stalking can do better than that. No less than 50% of your posts are about handi In reference or reply. He must of really messed with your head. Been going on for at least a year. And you use the same lame come backs every time. Have fun with all that bud. I’ll await some limp dick reply from u.:suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The thing about Dak is he was just a 4th round pick in a draft. A raw prospect that got was forced into on the job training, he's got room to grow. Certainly worked out better then say Siemian who was drafted in the first round. With so many dysfunctional organizations in the NFL, hard for a good organization that needs a QB, to land a pick high enough to draft a Mahomes type. Cowboys did well to land Dak. He's serviceable now with room for growth. He's inexpensive and allows for spending elsewhere. For now at least. Worse case he gets resigned for money like Jimmy makes right now. Another thing about Dak, he has something that not appreciated enough by fans ....durability.

You were thinking of Paxton Lynch. He was the first-round pick. Siemian was a 7th rounder. I never believed in Paxton...

And yes, Dak was a great value in the 4th round. You're lucky to get a guy who even contributes, much less proves to be a valuable commodity in the 4th round. That said, if he's their plan to get back to the SB, Cowboys' fans are going to be disappointed. He'll never win one IMO. Sure, he could surprise me and get way better, but I haven't really seen Dak's game change much at all in 3 years.

Now Jimmy is the classic example of some back up getting his pot of gold without doing shit and I for one doubt he ever does. His contract was for $137 million?

Easily worth it IMO. QBs are so incredibly expensive and capable ones are so rare that you gotta do whatever it takes to keep him. There are probably 8 or 9 QBs or so I'd take over Jimmy right now, but when you get to the Matt Ryans and the Kirk Cousins of the world (absolutely melt under the pressure), I'd take Jimmy.

$49 million guaranteed. 49ers have been getting robbed blind by Garoppolo and that's not even considering the second round pick they gave up for him.

You realize that Dak is probably going to get far more than that, right? Every QB contract seems insane when it's signed until Sam Bradford comes along & gets 20 million or Flacco gets the biggest contract in history. Then those look insane, and the other ones look reasonable or even like steals.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on bud. You and your stalking can do better than that. No less than 50% of your posts are about handi In reference or reply. He must of really messed with your head. Been going on for at least a year. And you use the same lame come backs every time. Have fun with all that bud. I’ll await some limp dick reply from u.:suds:

Will you have time to read my reply? What am I saying??? Of course you do. Mr Have no life so I’m gonna post on the Hoop 24/7. I feel bad for you GayPride.
3B2C66C8-12D9-4831-AA88-834C518D6898.jpeg

This is you in a nutshell. Sad......

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily worth it IMO. QBs are so incredibly expensive and capable ones are so rare that you gotta do whatever it takes to keep him. There are probably 8 or 9 QBs or so I'd take over Jimmy right now, but when you get to the Matt Ryans and the Kirk Cousins of the world (absolutely melt under the pressure), I'd take Jimmy.

He hasn't been worth it the last two years and it's only wishful thinking to say he's capable, as he hasn't shown that so far.

You realize that Dak is probably going to get far more than that, right

Could be, but there will be a body of work to judge him on and his pay should reflect that, relative to the market rate.

You were thinking of Paxton Lynch

Yes I was.

Holy shit ! Jimmy's cap hit is $37 million this season? WTF!!!!????? :omg: That is insane even if Jimmy wasn't the bust he's been. That would be insane even for Brady! :faint2:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37? seriously that has to be the biggest in the league. And hands down matt ryan over jimmy
He hasn't been worth it the last two years and it's only wishful thinking to say he's capable, as he hasn't shown that so far.

Could be, but there will be a body of work to judge him on and his pay should reflect that, relative to the market rate.

Yes I was.

Holy shit ! Jimmy's cap hit is $37 million this season? WTF!!!!????? :omg: That is insane even if Jimmy wasn't the bust he's been. That would be insane even for Brady! :faint2:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news is. After this year. Jimmy G is cuttable if need be. So with QB Contracts always going up. If Jimmy G proves worthy. 26-27 mil a year for next three years is worth it.
If not, they were smart to front load the contract so it doesnt hurt the cap. if they released him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news is. After this year. Jimmy G is cuttable if need be. So with QB Contracts always going up. If Jimmy G proves worthy. 26-27 mil a year for next three years is worth it.
If not, they were smart to front load the contract so it doesnt hurt the cap. if they released him.
Can you imagine the 49ers cutting him after this season ? That would be extremely funny.:D

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep same schtick. that was an easy call.

You would know that GayPride. You have about 1000 pages of the “same shtick” with PE1. How many times do you losers need to argue over and over about Wentz... 4/5 year contracts and centers??? A thousand pages worth of the same crap over and over. Rock on GayPride!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Well, of course it isn't worth it when your franchise QB tears an ACL. He won every start the year before, so saying "the last 2 years" isn't really fair.

But Jimmy isn't a rookie. He's shown what he can do both in NE and SF. I don't think it's being wishful to expect that he's a better starter than the likes of Kirk Cousins & the other mediocre guys in the league. That's not setting the bar unrealistically high.

37? seriously that has to be the biggest in the league. And hands down matt ryan over jimmy

This is one of the few things I'm glad Lynch did. Front-loading the money into a throw-away season when the team has loads of cap space makes for a healthier cap the subsequent 3 years.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine the 49ers cutting him after this season ? That would be extremely funny.:D
His cap hit is $17 million this coming season and he is no 22 on the.list on term of salary this year. I could care less what he made last year. They were over 100 million.over the.cap last yeR

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would know that GayPride. You have about 1000 pages of the “same shtick” with PE1. How many times do you losers need to argue over and over about Wentz... 4/5 year contracts and centers??? A thousand pages worth of the same crap over and over. Rock on GayPride!
glad to see your still following up on me:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so jimmy only started 10 games right , and the argument is how great his record is 8-2

there was a point when tim tebow was 8-3 to start his career. Just saying........

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Jimmy isn't a rookie. He's shown what he can do both in NE and SF

This is what he's done in his career:

Screenshot - 3_24_2019 , 4_48_26 PM.png

So 5 years into his career and he's done what.....? Nothing about his stats says good QB, way too many INT to TDs for one thing. He's getting 37 million for this resume?
For the most part his rep was built on the idea that he would be Bradys successor and that didn't work out. Thus far his only accomplishment is landing that fat contract. That's it!

Now some here will say the stats don't tell the story, but I've seen his film broke down and dissected and you see a QB that has a lot to learn, especially for someone who already been in the league for 5 years. There's hope for growth, but it's a hope more so then a sure thing and he's getting paid like he's already a accomplished QB.

If his career was done from this point, he would be considered a bust. He's going to have to do way better to turn that around.