• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK, I'm starting to get a bit worried

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again you've missed my point. I have no problem with Robert running if the pocket breaks down. But there is a difference between the pocket breaking down and one where pressure requires the QB to step up or to the side to buy that extra second for a play to develop. And if it doesn't, the good ones know to trash the play and regroup. Robert has not learned this yet and if he wants to become a pocket passing QB, he must. The vast majority of this learning curve happens in practice.

As for how much time do I want him to devote to this? Anything more than nothing is a start. Again, dad, it's less about what he does and more about the attitude.

and i say he does all that already it just isnt in the paper every 5 seconds

and again i doubt you will see RG3 ever be a strictly pocket passer . that is just wishful thinking

you brought up the fumbles , i didnt and the facts didnt back up your point (assuming espn is correct )

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad is possessive of his boys Griffin and Orakpo. If we have an opinion that differs we are either making a mountain out of a mole hill or guilty of CSI.

We aren't shooting him in the butt, we want him to adjust his attitude. When he gets to be one of the top 5 QBs in the league he can do just like Shawn Springs said Brady does and operate the offense the way he wants to. Until then we would like him to follow a coaches direction and not blame the coaches for things that go wrong. If that pattern doesn't change we will be welcoming a new coach in a couple of years. You can make fun of throwing the ball away but there are times it is the best pass you can make. There are also times when being able to use your legs to get out of trouble is a good thing. It is all in the timing but until then telling the coach how HE wants to do it is not what I want to see.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i say he does all that already it just isnt in the paper every 5 seconds

and again i doubt you will see RG3 ever be a strictly pocket passer . that is just wishful thinking

you brought up the fumbles , i didnt and the facts didnt back up your point (assuming espn is correct )

You can say that all you want, but I go by what Robert said. And it was him that said he never throws the ball away in practice as he believes its a waste of time (I'm paraphrasing). So that tells me that if he is not practicing pocket presence in its fullest (which includes time awareness, ball security, dump offs, and throwing the ball away, amongst other things), then when he gets in the game, he will hang onto the ball too long and we will see more sacks, fumbles, and negative plays. After all, in practice, while he may feel pressure, no one is ever going to hit him so he can extend every play. That won't be the case in games.

Wether he becomes a strictly pocket passer or not is yet to be seen. You may be right. But lets remember that it was Robert that wanted Shanahan to evolve the offense for him to become more of a pocket passer and ws upset when he didn't.

As fro the fumbles, I have no idea of the numbers, but I must remember every single one of them, because it sure seems like there were more than 5. In fact, I'd bet on it. I also am pretty sure we lost more that only one of his fumbles. But I'm not satisfied with even 5, so I'm not sure how you proved me wrong. But again, that wasn't the point. THE POINT IS HIS ATTITUDE.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that all you want, but I go by what Robert said. And it was him that said he never throws the ball away in practice as he believes its a waste of time (I'm paraphrasing). So that tells me that if he is not practicing pocket presence in its fullest (which includes time awareness, ball security, dump offs, and throwing the ball away, amongst other things), then when he gets in the game, he will hang onto the ball too long and we will see more sacks, fumbles, and negative plays. After all, in practice, while he may feel pressure, no one is ever going to hit him so he can extend every play. That won't be the case in games.

Wether he becomes a strictly pocket passer or not is yet to be seen. You may be right. But lets remember that it was Robert that wanted Shanahan to evolve the offense for him to become more of a pocket passer and ws upset when he didn't.

As fro the fumbles, I have no idea of the numbers, but I must remember every single one of them, because it sure seems like there were more than 5. In fact, I'd bet on it. I also am pretty sure we lost more that only one of his fumbles. But I'm not satisfied with even 5, so I'm not sure how you proved me wrong. But again, that wasn't the point. THE POINT IS HIS ATTITUDE.

You do realize no QB can throw the ball away in the pocket it's called intentional grounding so with his speed of getting out of the pocket I have no problem him looking for someone before getting rid of the ball

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize no QB can throw the ball away in the pocket it's called intentional grounding so with his speed of getting out of the pocket I have no problem him looking for someone before getting rid of the ball

I have no problem with this, either. But even the great ones find times where the best option is to throw it away and regroup. Robert has never done this well. It beats a sack, fumble, or INT (or injury). Again, my point has been missed.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can throw the ball away, you have to do it within the confines of the rules.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW dad, I am not taking a shot at you for liking who you like. I was busting them as we say .... Lord knows I was told a few times I was a little on the slow side for liking Reed Doughty. :noidea:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand the reasoning of both Skinsdad and J_y19, but there is something else to consider. Fan/pundit reaction. Let's say that in no particular game his play results in.......handoff....throw away, 2 yard dump-off (3 and out) Next series.......missed connection (receiver slips), throw away, 3 yard dump-off. (3 and out) final series......running play, running play, throw away. (3 and out)

How long will it be before all of the negative reaction come cascading down upon him? Calls of "bust" and reflections of the trade that bought him here?

Admit it we want results.......have little tolerance for less than that......and are quick to demand someone's head when things don't go as we envision them.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe dad just see's this as it is... cause Lord knows, you guys were pretty much all singing a different tune this time last year on all that Bob was and going to be. It's really pretty comical reading all this new found football wisdom.

Okay lets talk topic. The topic of this thread was about Griffin's attitude and not following instructions from his coach. It was not about anyone talked about last year or you finding our football wisdom comical.

As you can see you went off topic and never did you mention anything to do with Griffins ability to follow the coaches directions. Clearly you were trolling and agitating otherwise why the comment "comical reading all this new found football wisdom."

This is why a Smack Talk thread was created. You have a place you can go talk all the trash you want with those who want to talk trash. We were told that is how this board would be run. Now Cali has added the NFC East thread for you. Essentially you have two threads where you can talk all the trash you would like to.

So really although I am addressing you I am reminding the mods of the promise they made to us about Smack Talk. Had PDay come and posted about the topic we would have a different story but clearly the "comical about football wisdom" was a shot at the members of our forum. Lastly this is what happens when trolls visit, it devolves into a subject completely away from the topic.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is right j-y , throwing the ball away in practice is a waste of time . why not give a defender or a wr or anyone a chance to make a play or learn something

have we reached a point in society now that we have to practice throwing a freaking ball out of bounds ?

how stupid does that sound ? you have to practice throwing a ball out of play ?!?

who the hell needs to practice that stupidity ? its stupid , plain simple stupidity

" today coach gruden did throw the ball away practice " with RG3 , KC and colt mccoy because they are to ignorant to aim a ball out of play "

and we are debating this nonsense ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe dad just see's this as it is... cause Lord knows, you guys were pretty much all singing a different tune this time last year on all that Bob was and going to be. It's really pretty comical reading all this new found football wisdom.

now maybe i need raptor for life to judge this post but did he say anything that was untrue ? he said last off season we sang one tune and now we are singing another ?

i am looking at this post and i am trying to see where tolling is present ?

i dont know but i think a fair minded mod has to let a guy say that at least

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand the reasoning of both Skinsdad and J_y19, but there is something else to consider. Fan/pundit reaction. Let's say that in no particular game his play results in.......handoff....throw away, 2 yard dump-off (3 and out) Next series.......missed connection (receiver slips), throw away, 3 yard dump-off. (3 and out) final series......running play, running play, throw away. (3 and out)

How long will it be before all of the negative reaction come cascading down upon him? Calls of "bust" and reflections of the trade that bought him here?

Admit it we want results.......have little tolerance for less than that......and are quick to demand someone's head when things don't go as we envision them.

i would say year 3 is the year

things for him need to improve . i take his career in its entirety. year one he was arguably a top ten performer at qb . he was rookie of the year . he seemed to be ascending .

year 2 was a step back . you can say the injury if you want and i think the vast majority of that is true from every aspect of his development but in the end he took a step back

now if he stays at the same level or drops even more then there will be issues

i want a consistent winner . i am not interested in BS shortcuts that 20 years have given us with little or no results

if the fan base doesnt get that , and the ownership keeps succumbing to the fan base then this team will be the detroit lions of football

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now maybe i need raptor for life to judge this post but did he say anything that was untrue ? he said last off season we sang one tune and now we are singing another ?

i am looking at this post and i am trying to see where tolling is present ?

i dont know but i think a fair minded mod has to let a guy say that at least

Not a problem, promises were meant to be broken. Ya'll take care. :suds:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is right j-y , throwing the ball away in practice is a waste of time . why not give a defender or a wr or anyone a chance to make a play or learn something

have we reached a point in society now that we have to practice throwing a freaking ball out of bounds ?

how stupid does that sound ? you have to practice throwing a ball out of play ?!?

who the hell needs to practice that stupidity ? its stupid , plain simple stupidity

" today coach gruden did throw the ball away practice " with RG3 , KC and colt mccoy because they are to ignorant to aim a ball out of play "

and we are debating this nonsense ?

Well, the good news is Gruden disagrees with both you and him. He said he needed to have a talk with Robert about this.