• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ok Ill be in seattle

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ima coming next week so what is must see stuff in Seattle

Absolutely go up the space needle... MUST... Also visit the Pike Place Market which is world known for it's fresh fish and unique style... If you get the chance ride the duck as well, it's a truck plus boat that tours the city and takes you out on the lake .. really cool and great views of the city... If you have time on your hands and want to take a 2 hour drive go visit Paradise at Mt Rainier... MY god it will change your life.. I think it's still open for a bit before it's shut down for the winter... It's high elevation and get's more snow than anywhere in the country ... Amazing place ... Enjoy your trip man!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely go up the space needle... MUST... Also visit the Pike Place Market which is world known for it's fresh fish and unique style... If you get the chance ride the duck as well, it's a truck plus boat that tours the city and takes you out on the lake .. really cool and great views of the city... If you have time on your hands and want to take a 2 hour drive go visit Paradise at Mt Rainier... MY god it will change your life.. I think it's still open for a bit before it's shut down for the winter... It's high elevation and get's more snow than anywhere in the country ... Amazing place ... Enjoy your trip man!

I still remember my first trip to Paradise. I was standing by the rock wall/railing that looks down at a lake. The lake looks so close but its actually thousands of feet Down...i do mean THOUSANDS. The road ends there at the lodge and its the highest point you can get to driving. What a Beautiful place, i think I'm going to have to go there again some time soon. Im thinking September 18th for this guy could just be earlier enough to get there. It's cutting it close because that's when the snow starts to really build up at that elevation. But like Boogie said the view will change your life. Strange seeing the curvature of the earth like that also.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang I'm going to have to make that trip to Paradise.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember my first trip to Paradise. I was standing by the rock wall/railing that looks down at a lake. The lake looks so close but its actually thousands of feet Down...i do mean THOUSANDS. The road ends there at the lodge and its the highest point you can get to driving. What a Beautiful place, i think I'm going to have to go there again some time soon. Im thinking September 18th for this guy could just be earlier enough to get there. It's cutting it close because that's when the snow starts to really build up at that elevation. But like Boogie said the view will change your life. Strange seeing the curvature of the earth like that also.

Paradise is pretty amazing. I accidentally launched myself into the parking lot on an inner tube once. My chest still hurts!

Has anyone been to Evans Creek ORV area? There's a hill in there that will give you the most amazing view of Mt Rainier. On a really clear day you can see all of the Puyallup River valley, Tacoma, Seattle and Mt St Helens from the same spot. Best view in the Cascades.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a ferry to Bainbridge, shop a little then take it back. The terminal is fairly close to Pikes Place and the Space Needle is a mile or 2 North. Hitting those 3 spots would make for a killer day but the Needle is a bit pricey for a meal. The event is better than the food but is worth while as your dining room rotates 360 degrees per hour.

Fog

Addmin Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will be in Seattle on the 6th ... leave on an Alaskan cruise the 7th .. back in Seattle on the 14th and are staying with the wife's cousins until the 18th

What cities in Alaska are you going to be at?

Fog

Addmin Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sitka ,ketchikan victoria ,juno ,glacier bay national park

I used to work in Ketchikan as a charter boat skipper back in the early 90's and know the city fairly well...If you want to go Fishing go in Ketchikan the Silver Salmon will be big and good fighters. I've been to Sitka several times...If you like to go hiking there is a mountain you can hike to the top of and over look the city. Fishing would be good in Sitka too but you'd have to travel further in a boat to get to the fish.

Juneau you can do the Red Dog Saloon. We did the river rafting thing and that was cool but kind of boring.

Glacier Bay will be real cool I've been up there once and it was awesome.

Kingdome fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try climbing the water tower in Volunteer Park. A 360 degree view of Seattle, the Olympic and Cascade mountains is equal to the top of the Space Needle, and its free.